• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I cant bring myself to vote for a tie when Germany and I are still equal. So...

Unvote tie

Instead Im announcing my resignation from the current game in anticipation of the new one. Thanks.

Good man.

I have no idea what you're doing Cakravarti, but you withdrew your support of the TIE four whole minutes after deadline.

Therefore everybody was voting for a TIE at deadline.

You think that's bad. If Turkey wins, Najs, Hearth and Boris get credit, whereas I've only got the ignominy of France's predictable total defeat.
As far as I'm concerned, you can claim that tie.

I'm certainly not going to complain about it.

If you want we can totally discount this game from points. Consider it a learning experience in trying to adapt the game to being played on this forum?

Besides I totally don't know how I want to score this anyway.

The end

The UU (Unexpected Union). How it came to be.

Russia, unable to sustain what was left of it's government in the face of revolutionary forces, collapsed into total anarchy.

Italy, with the loss of any link to it's old homeland, was soon overtaken by the people it had once sought to subjugate.

Great Britain gave up, after years of hard struggles. Everybody expected it to happen eventually. Nobody expected it to be so sudden.

Every man woman and child in Great Britain went out and drowned themselves in the ocean.

This left Germany, Austria, and Turkey. With nobody left to challenge them, and having become sick of fighting in Europe, they agreed to form a union. The rest of the world watched on in confusion (not expecting any of the last twelve years worth of events, honestly).

Soon, a united Austrian, Turkish, and German military swarmed the world.

1914end.png

GAME ENDS IN A THREE WAY DRAW BETWEEN:
Germany
Austria-Hungary
Turkey

Long live the Central Powers!

Great Britain gave up, after years of hard struggles. Everybody expected it to happen eventually. Nobody expected it to be so sudden.

Every man woman and child in Great Britain went out and drowned themselves in the ocean.

A most fitting end. Oh Brittania will rule the waves.

Now, we can't let all those territories be painted white, can we?

I'd like to thank Seboden and Tamius for taking good care of Germany when I could not.

PS : We can let this one off the book, but let's agree on a scoring system for the future, for the prideful leaders who need history to view them in a positive light, beyond their deeds.

Diplomatic mistakes that I observed in this game.

Germany's stance on France. Seeing Brest taken, and Italy's moves, I assumed France would go down fast. Germany moved on Bur, and had a good position in Belgium to move on Paris, but we decided to let France battle Italy while we would take advantage of the situation to dispose of UK, hoping to wrap it up while France and Italy were deadlocked. I hoped that, by sending A Bur to Belgium France would trust us more, but they had sought to cut support into Belgium to preserve the balance of power in the West.

Austria supporting Russia into Sev. This could have been the first nail on their coffin, if not for the next mistake.

Russia choosing to commit to a non-productive strike on Germany, instead of safeguarding her position against Turkey. It gave time for UK to come back, true, but it also gave leeway for Italy to finish France and move on Germany, and let Austria off the hook. So, overall, quite a poor move. Especially because it was announced beforehand.

If you're going to shoot, just shoot, don't talk

Italy moving into the middle without safeguarding their holdings and forming a coherent front, and, most importantly, without making any important, strong alliance.

PS : Joeb, can you list the last orders for this turn?

Austria supporting Russia into Sev. This could have been the first nail on their coffin, if not for the next mistake.
Oh, you won't believe how much I screamed at Stuckenschmidt about that... Or at least about the decision to backstab Turkey.

PS : Joeb, can you list the last orders for this turn?

If we didn't end in a TIE the orders would have been as follows:

Great Britain said:
Fleet Nwy Support Army Mos Move Stp
F Edi to Nrg
F Lon to Nth
F Lvp to Iri
F Bre to Eng

Germany said:
A Bur S F Spa (sc) - Mar
A Kie - Hol
F Bel S A Kie - Hol
F Swe - Den
A Mun S A Ber - Sil
A Ber - Sil

Austria-Hungary said:
F Wes S F GoL - Spa(SC)
A Mar S F GoL - Spa(SC)
F Ion- Tyr
A Pie H
A Tyr H
A Tri - Ven
A Vie H
A Bud H
A Rum - Ukr
A Gal - War
A War - Lvn

Italy said:
F pic move bel
F Spa (SC) move Wes
F Mat support F Spa move Wes

Russia said:
CIVIC DISORDER

Turkey said:
A Moscow - St. Petersburg
A Sevastopol - Moscow
A North Africa holds
F Gulf of Lyon - Spain (SC)
F Tyrhennian Sea - Gulf of Lyon
F Eastern Mediterranean - Ionian Sea
F Smyrna - Eastern Mediterranean

Oh, you won't believe how much I screamed at Stuckenschmidt about that... Or at least about the decision to backstab Turkey.

That`s why I quit. ForzaA was simply the better (and more dedicated) player. Well done, btw.