• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is it just me or could he have retreated the Bel army to Hol and the Kie army to Den, instead?

Is it just me or could he have retreated the Bel army to Hol and the Kie army to Den, instead?

Since the army in Kiel was dislodged by an army coming from Denmark, the Kiel army can't retreat to Denmark.

Units can only swap places if the swap is mediated by a convoy.

Edit: For the same reason, the A Munich R Tyrolia order is illegal.

Since the army in Kiel was dislodged by an army coming from Denmark, the Kiel army can't retreat to Denmark.

Units can only swap places if the swap is mediated by a convoy.

Edit: For the same reason, the A Munich R Tyrolia order is illegal.

So he -could- have retreated to Hol, then.

So he -could- have retreated to Hol, then.

Ill be upset if that is the case as i am currently playing a diplomacy game else where and its done by computer, and such move are not allowed. I would like clarification from joeb so no more unnecassary* damage can be done..

Kiel could have retreated to Holland, Belgium could not have.

Kiel borders Holland. Kiel was not attacked from Holland. No stand-off occured in Holland. It is empty.

I'm surprised the computer won't let you do that...have you checked that you're entering the orders for the past turn exactly as they occured?

Ill be upset if that is the case as i am currently playing a diplomacy game else where and its done by computer, and such move are not allowed. I would like clarification from joeb so no more unnecassary* damage can be done..

Considering how that move would be the obvious nobrainer move in such a case I'd probably allow you to change that.
Of course I'm not the GM :p

Well i rechecked the rules joeb stated and he did cover this issue specifically "retreats can be made into deeper enemy territory" so in this case it was my stupidity. On the case of the comp i cant replicate exact at the moment but will try.

It's all part of learning the game. No worries. It just takes a few errors before you start really living-and-breathing the rules.

I still forget details all the time...that's why I try to avoid sending in orders late at night or inebriated and always send in dead-hand orders.

Cheers randy, but stupidity is stupidity and were all learning and making mistakes as bag said so i will take it on the chin.

@randy - you prime minister again? Or just spectating for now?

Just spectating. RL crisis seems to have abated somewhat but I don't think it's wise to get into a high stakes high-involvement-level-required game like this right now again. Not when I can't really predict from day to day how much time I'll be able to invest into it.

Thanks for catching that illegal move. I will have the army disbanded with the next update.

End of Year, 1908 (PT 2)

Germany said:

Austria-Hungary said:

Italy said:
A Bur, A Tyr & A Gas Disband

Russia said:
Build Army Mos

Spring, 1909
19091spring.png

IT IS NOW THE DIPLOMATIC AND ORDER WRITING PHASE, SPRING 1909. DEADLINE FOR ORDERS WILL BE 1900 GMT, 04 AUGUST (~24 Hours from now).

What a fancy column of troops to conquer the world with!

Ha! Too bad you still have that Baltic fleet...if you ran your column from Piedmont to Moscow you'd have a chain of single-links running down a major stale-mate line.

-I- will take control of Germany.