• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You've always played -for- the draw? ;)

You know how bloody hard it is to win?!

Least for me...I've only won out-right once...and it was as Italy, but in that case I'd gobbled up Austria and Turkey before heading West.

Without England, there is nothing we can do, as much as it pains me to admit. UK didn't block Nth (which Italy didn't take advantage of, for some reason). EURO doesn't content himself with trying to kill me in WW, I suppose. :(

Yes, winning is hard, especially when you are playing a central power. Diplomacy favors corner positions, except for Turkey where their growth options are somewhat hamstrung by ION.

Without England, there is nothing we can do, as much as it pains me to admit. UK didn't block Nth (which Italy didn't take advantage of, for some reason). EURO doesn't content himself with trying to kill me in WW, I suppose. :(

Hey, if we all capitulate now, everyone wins equally...

...except for France...*tear* she didn't even get the chance to capitulate...robbed of her natural birth-right.

Yes, winning is hard, especially when you are playing a central power. Diplomacy favors corner positions, except for Turkey where their growth options are somewhat hamstrung by ION.

Britain has a very good memory. Italy has done nothing but aid us, while Germany has done nothing but attempt to destroy us.

Ahh ok sorry still learning this game as well really and joeb and co's maths lesson the other day on victory points has only confused me. I want to win so i will continue with this course of action until such time everyone has decared they are apart of the great alliance led by italy, at least i can then have a moral victory, unitl such time onwards to moscow and to 8 more sc's.

Ahh ok sorry still learning this game as well really and joeb and co's maths lesson the other day on victory points has only confused me. I want to win so i will continue with this course of action until such time everyone has decared they are apart of the great alliance led by italy, at least i can then have a moral victory, unitl such time onwards to moscow and to 8 more sc's.

Let's give him his moral victory then...

If Austria grows beyond a certain point...I think all of the Balkans plus one of Turkey or Italy's supply centers, isn't it usually pretty difficult to kill?

And for Germany it's always a race to secure the West before the Russians come knocking. The Prussia-Silesia cooridor just takes so long to get through.

If Austria grows beyond a certain point...I think all of the Balkans plus one of Turkey or Italy's supply centers, isn't it usually pretty difficult to kill?

And for Germany it's always a race to secure the West before the Russians come knocking. The Prussia-Silesia cooridor just takes so long to get through.

Germany has the strongest position of the three powers, but it is also vulnerable to a 3 power attack (usually France/UK/Russia, in this game Italy replaced France). The Pru - Sil corridor isn't worse than ION, MAt or Con bottlenecks.
Austria is more likely to have to deal with 3 powers, but they have better conditions to do so (hedgehog openings). But Austria, according to articles on the Pouch, has the worse record for early eliminations.
Italy can generally have the freedom to pick opponents, but starts out in a less favorable position and generally requires deals such as Lepanto, or 3-way attack on France or Austria to make significant gains.

@ ForzaA : Nope, Italy wants it all. He's just being ambiguous about it so you can resume your Balkan clusterf*ck.

Here Italy shows their true ambition that is "Eliminate every nation".

The Padishah Sultan awaits the commands of the Emperor of the Romans.

So let me get this straight... the Young Turks lynched a formerly French adviser, to bring in Italian overlords? ;)

He is, after all, and imperialist running-dog.