• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Surely Picardy, not Piedmont?

Picardy is irrelevant in the first year since no one can get to it without violating one of the other DMZs. If it helps convince England, Germany and Italy, I am happy saying France will not move into Picardy (the same as we will not move into Burgundy), but it is not a priority compared to the other territories which all touch foreign home supply centers.

Oh, is this still part of your hypothetical opening moves? I misinterpreted it as a proposal for what to do now.

Oh, is this still part of your hypothetical opening moves? I misinterpreted it as a proposal for what to do now.

Haha. I've got a new country, so no open move discussions.

Yeah, those're my preferred opening moves for France.

My preferred for England are:
F Edi - Norwegian Sea
A Liverpool - Edi
F English Channel - North Sea

Keeps it ambiguous whether you're going to take Norway with an army or try for Belgium with an army. Additionally, allows you to guarantee a build in Norway should Russia open with A Moscow - St. Petersburg.

If Italy is righteous country as it claims, then you should give back at least "Bohemia and Tyrol" to Austria-Hungary and Belgium to England. Can you?

Edited: Also you don't have a right to wholly own former French Territories. England and Germany should take their share.

the tyr boh passage way is austria's, we are merely travellers passing through on our way to the heart of the russian heart.

Edit: and Britain can always ask if it has things to discuss with Italy. At this time they have not enquired about belgium so at this time Italy has no position on this matter.

Edit 2: lol i said heart twice, im sooo random!

the tyr boh passage way is austria's, we are merely travellers passing through on our way to the heart of the russian heart.

Edit: and Britain can always ask if it has things to discuss with Italy. At this time they have not enquired about belgium so at this time Italy has no position on this matter.

Really? After claiming Russian lands, what will you do? Time to be unrighteous?

I might be forced to push my update back a few hours due to unforeseen real life issues. I will get it up ASAP.

I might be forced to push my update back a few hours due to unforeseen real life issues. I will get it up ASAP.

Thanks for the warning. Good luck getting done what ya need to get done. Real life take priority.

anyway all's said and done, good luck for the next year guys :)

Agreed! Well-wishes all around. Is just fun getting to play!

Sorry I'm so late. The internet died at my house. Things are fixed and update is coming.

OMFG OMG update will be pushed back again... :wacko:

I agree that when I arrived England, Germany, and Italy were at war or in preparations for war with France...not at all my preferred French opening, but you take what you can get. Italy's initial decision to ignore the superior Ionian Sea position and go for the Tyrhennian made it clear what its plans were...a cleverer move would have been for Italy to take the ambiguous Ionian position then take Tunis from there after 'accidentally' sending A Rome to Venice...

If you were really crafty you could have moved A Venice to Tyrolia and A Rome to Venice...but that would require significant diplomatic skill.

I like the full-scale retreat:
F Brest - Mid-Atlantic
A Paris - Gascony
A Marseilles - Spain

With a clearly broadcast ultimatum that English Channel, Burgundy, and Piedmont are de-militarized and occupation of any will be considered an act of war.

Yes, but if Germany orders to Bur, you will have to give up a SC. England doing F Lon - Eng is less negative, and you can defend Bre with Gas or MAt (according to what Italy played). But overall a solid opening, waiting for other countries to start fighting and have a better picture.

@ Joeb : Solving a diplomacy paradox?

Spring, 1907

UNDERLINED MEANS THE ORDER FAILED.

great britain said:
f lvp move cly
f edi move nrg
f nor move swe
f lon hold

germany said:
a bur - gas
a swe - den
f nrg - nat
f ber - kie
f kie - hol

austria-hungary said:
f ion- eas
f tri - alb
a bul - rum
a vie s a bul - rum
a bud s a bul - rum
a gal s a bul - rum

italy said:
f nap move ion
f rom move tyr
a pie move mar
a par move bur
a pic support a par move bur
a bel move hol
a tyr move mun
a boh support a tyr move mun
f nat move nrg
f eng hold

russia said:
fleet stp move bot
army mun hold
army sil support army mun
army ukr move war
army sev support army rum
army rum hold

turkey said:
f aegean sea - greece
a constantinople - ankara
f black sea - constantinople

19072spring.png

THE RUSSIAN ARMY IN RUM IS DISLODGED. THE ONLY LEGAL RETREAT ORDER IS INTO UKR. IT RETREATS THERE UNLESS I RECEIVE SPECIFIC ORDERS TO DISBAND IT INSTEAD.

Fall, 1907
19073fall.png

@ Joeb : Solving a diplomacy paradox?

If I were dealt a diplomacy paradox I would immediately point out that fact and explain how I will solve it, why I will solve it that way, and show examples online that give some precident for why it is solved that way.

No this was just plain old fashioned real life getting in the way. :(

IT IS NOW THE DIPLOMATIC AND ORDER WRITING PHASE, FALL 1907. DEADLINE FOR ORDERS WILL BE AT 0100 GMT (~24 Hours 30 Minutes from now).