• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
M. de M. in Constantinople

Official correspondence bearing the heavy leaden seal of the Sublime Porte arrives on the desk of every senior diplomat in Europe reading:

By solemn decree of the Great Turk, Padishah Sultan, Caliph of Islam, and Protector of the South,

The groveling slave Louis Ferdinand de Montluzin-Sauzay is made Grand Vizier of the Ottoman Empire, Lord of the Sublime Porte.

Let none gainsay the command of the Great Turk, and let none forget to include his slave in correspondence.

THE FORMS MUST BE OBEYED

The foreign affairs press runs a short story in the back pages profiling this shake-up in the Turkish foreign ministry as well as M. de M.'s fondness for Turkish coffee, tokai, and baklava.

THE SULTAN IS DEAD

LOVE LIVE THE SULTAN

A consulate will be sent Constantinople post haste.

Yes, maybe this sultan can have better relations with the Great Alliance. Would you like to dismantle the "Juggernaut"? It maybe the only way to protect your fine nation turning into ruins. We await your capitulation accordingly in due course.

In other news, We accept the German's new position. We will send an envoy to the reichstag immediatly to discuss battle plans. Let it be known that we will activley work towards to reunification of germany and force the russian scoundrels from the land.

We warned them.

I guess I'm not one of "them" then...

Also; is it just Bagricula in Turkey then? I don't think I've seen much participation from Hearth...

Also Also; Is it really so hard for people to send in build/disband orders? :(

Also; is it just Bagricula in Turkey then? I don't think I've seen much participation from Hearth...

Yeah, I think I'm pretty much the only one rattling around the Topaki Palace nowadays.

I guess I'm not one of "them" then...

Also Also; Is it really so hard for people to send in build/disband orders? :(

Pretty sure I was the last one who had to send in orders, unless the order from my junior diplomat counted. But I thought I had to confirm it first.

M. de M. in Constantinople

Echoes never fade in the cavernous halls of the Topaki Palace, as the Padishah Sultan's Grand Vizier, a gaunt withered husk of a man, sucking on the thick sultry air rising from the Golden Horn, rattles around the Sublime Porte modernizing the ancient institution with dictatorial efficiency.

The work has done much to heal the long winter of 1906 still carried on M. de M.'s frame. His papery skin has been darkened by the southern climate, and he finds himself nightly in the arms of his favored singer and seductress the Fiery Nubian of Stamboul, as she is billed in the adverts.

Still the man is as much a slave to his past as to the Great Turk's purpose. The City All Men Desire will be changed forever by a faded Frenchman, but to her glory or her ruin?

My current list of active diplomats:

Great Britain: EUROO7, hygge0302
France:
Germany: reis91
Austria-Hungary: ForzaA
Italy: Adamus, sbr
Russia: Taiisatai64, enkhuush, TheExecuter
Turkey: Hearth, Bagricula

---

I would appreciate diplomats from each country telling me if any of their fellow diplomats haven't been doing their job (specifically if Hearth, sbr, or hygge0302 have been answering PMs or doing anything). Or if one of the diplomats I have currently marked as inactive is still active.

I have the full list on the front page, with players who are currently inactive underlined. Note that you can still rejoin the game under your original country if I've underlined you. There is no punishment for a diplomat going inactive for a period of time, it is to be expected.

Last edited:
I think you have the inactive players underlined.

Off the top of my head, I think Athalcor and Hearth both said they were going inactive. You'd have to check that though.

I think you have the inactive players underlined.

Off the top of my head, I think Athalcor and Hearth both said they were going inactive. You'd have to check that though.

Oi, I just woke up. I had Athalcor underlined and posted him there anyway... :wacko:

Then we can say it happens to the best of us.

I had a quick skim through, and it doesn't look like Hearth publically said he'd be inactive. I may be thinking of a WW game, pretty sure he said he had a lot on somewhere. But he hasn't been active for ten pages, and before that it was a few short history lessons and an ode to tequila.