• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A supply center (or any territory) switches to the control of a Great Power if a unit is in control of it by the end of the Fall Order Phase. A Great Power may then build Armies and/or Fleets to get their number of units equal to supply centers. A Great Power may never have more units than supply centers. When building units a Great Power may only build those units on one of the original supply centers their country owns (example, Austria must build any new units it gets in Vienna, Budapest, or Trieste), though that province must be empty at the time, as there may only ever be one unit in any province at one time.

That about covers it.
Ah, good, what I remembered.

The game doesn't start for ~ 1 more hour. I will accept the orders that have been sent to me prematurely if they are valid orders.
is that start "first orders processed" or "no more changes to the setup" ?

is that start "first orders processed" or "no more changes to the setup" ?

"no more changes to the setup". We have some players that, as a condition of joining, needed to wait until today to start playing.

The time was 1901, it was spring, a ridiculous buildup of Armies and Fleets was all across Europe. Diplomats stopped being diplomats and started sending military orders themselves. What madness was this? The world was on the edge of insanity.

Great Britain: EUROO7, randakar
France: esemesas, Morrell8
Germany: tamius23, reis91
Austria-Hungary: Stuckenschmidt, ForzaA
Italy: Adamus, sbr
Russia: Taiisatai64
Turkey: Boris ze Spider

---

Kingdom of Eutopia: jacob-Lundgren
The Daily Kiwi: Capt. Kiwi
Still Looking For a Job: Athalcor

These were the diplomats that would be directly responsible for the mass genocide of their enemies, and for the wholesale slaughter of entire armies. These were the diplomats who would usher in a restructuring of all of Europe, changing what we thought we knew about the balance of power. These were the diplomats that played with the lives of all of Europe.

These were the Great Diplomats.

GAME OFFICIALLY STARTED. YOU HAVE 24 HOURS TO SEND ME YOUR ORDERS VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE

(Signups will remain open, if any player still wishes to join either Russia or Turkey as a junior diplomat they may still do so.)

I have just learned that my map is cut short on it's southern side. There is supposed to be a connection between the Ionian Sea (ION) and the Eastern Mediterranean (EAS). The map I am using does not show that connection.

This is the only error in the map. We will continue to use the map I have been given for the moment, however I will be working to resolve this issue and provide you with a correct map.

No press from the other powers? Are you all plotting in silence? You know public appearance is important in this game, you must present yourself as civilized and wise, even if you're about to plunge the dagger into your allies's hearts.

Herzog ForzaA von Salzburg is still installing himself in his new office. Rest assured, however, that regular updates will be forthcoming as soon as the situation allows.

No press from the other powers? Are you all plotting in silence? You know public appearance is important in this game, you must present yourself as civilized and wise, even if you're about to plunge the dagger into your allies's hearts.

Italy is still waiting for its sandwich...

The King of Great Britain and Ireland, Emperor of the Half-Globe, is on expedition in the Pacific Territories. Prime Minister Randakar is hereby granted supreme authority over all matters European.

Ta-Ta!

Boris ze Spider. You will remain as a diplomat of Turkey, and if you fail to send orders then you fail to send orders. If it is at all possible I will get a junior diplomat or two to help cover for you.

How much time would this demand from me each day if I hypothetically were to join and replace Boris?

How long does it take you to type the following?

"A xxx move xxx
A xxx hold
F xxx support A xxx move xxx"

It'll only take that plus or minus however much time you spend plotting with the Russians and/or the Austrians and/or the Italians and/or the Germans and/or the French and/or the Brittish.

I can't tell you exactly how long it would take to read and respond to the PM conversations (those are going on behind my back for the most part). Ask someone who is currently playing. I'd say if you have enough time to play werewolf then you have enough time to play diplomacy.

How long does it take you to type the following?

"A xxx move xxx
A xxx hold
F xxx support A xxx move xxx"

It'll only take that plus or minus however much time you spend plotting with the Russians and/or the Austrians and/or the Italians and/or the Germans and/or the French and/or the Brittish.

I can't tell you exactly how long it would take to read and respond to the PM conversations (those are going on behind my back for the most part). Ask someone who is currently playing. I'd say if you have enough time to play werewolf then you have enough time to play diplomacy.

Fair enough. But does it require me to think more than 24 hours ahead?

The King of Great Britain and Ireland, Emperor of the Half-Globe, is on expedition in the Pacific Territories. Prime Minister Randakar is hereby granted supreme authority over all matters European.

Ta-Ta!

Prime Minister Randakar thanks the King for his vote of confidence, and suggest they confer privately to discuss matters of state.

Euro, please clear your PM box. I can't very well inform you of latest events if I can't send you messages .. :(

Fair enough. But does it require me to think more than 24 hours ahead?

Yes... ?

But it doesn't require intensive plans with extensive contingencies... more of a "that will put me in this position and him in that position and is it favorable?" sort of thing. Like reis91 says a partner can make it easier if you decide to split tasks (Say, for example, one person decides to talk to Italy, Austria-Hungary, and Russia about the Balkan situation. The second person talks to France, Germany, and Great Britain about possibly opening up a second front against a possible enemy)

Imagine playing WW as a seer in a LITE game (I doubt you're capable of imagining such a thing but we'll try ;) ), how long does it take you to coordinate with your JL, think about who the wolves might be, and make your vote/send your scan order? (Assume for this votecounts are being created for you by someone reliable).

Ambassador Suleiman is honored to make your acquaintance and wish to sincerely express our desire to live in peace with our neighbours. We come in peace.

Disclaimer: Above statement may or may not stay true for long.