• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Spring, 1905

(I'll be honest, I had this update prepared hours ago. Why did I wait for people to send orders when there was only one viable order for each unit? Why do you care so much, huh?)

Germany said:
F Bel retreat to Hol
A Den retreat to Kie

Austria-Hungary said:
A Gal retreats to Boh

19054spring.png

Fall, 1905
19055fall.png

IT IS NOW THE DIPLOMATIC AND ORDER WRITING PHASE, FALL 1905. DEADLINE IS 2300 GMT, 20 JULY (~38 Hours 30 Minutes from now). THAT SHOULD BE MORE THAN ENOUGH TIME TO GET ORDERS IN. IF YOU FAIL TO SEND ORDERS I WILL CRY AND THEN YOUR GREAT POWER WILL GO INTO CIVIC DISORDER.

Oh..... my....

I didn't even notice that. Im going to assume that Turkey did it to get Bulgaria, but DAMN, I need Romania!

Might be time for another vodka-tokai conference for the unstoppable Juggernaut, eh?

I find turkey's evident betrayal annoying. It came at the worst possible time for me, just as other plans were starting to lumber slowly into motion.

GODDAMNIT WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU DO THAT TURKEY YOU LITTLE ARGHHHHH RAAAAGGEEE!!!!!1111ONE!!!!ONE!!1

Might be time for another vodka-tokai conference for the unstoppable Juggernaut, eh?

Perhaps just the vodka...

IF YOU FAIL TO SEND ORDERS I WILL CRY AND THEN YOUR GREAT POWER WILL GO INTO CIVIC DISORDER.

If I recall correctly, this means all units will HOLD, not that they lie down and die or support each other.

I'm sure our illustrious (and perhaps slightly irritated) GM will clarify if I'm mistaken.

As a suggestion for everyone, I usually send in a set of dead-hand orders right after the update, so if the entire French diplomatic corp is kidnapped or otherwise too sloshed to formulate a coherent strategy, the GM still has orders to process at the deadline and we don't fall into civil disorder.

Granted, I'm sure joebthegreat doesn't appreciate the inbox spam.

So if everyone turns in orders of hold, in Winter 1905 the supply center count will be:

Italy 8
Russia 7
Austria-Hungary 6
Germany 5
Turkey 4
England 2
France 1

I imagine we can expect some shifting among these, but I'd say Italy will easily be ahead both from a SC count and from a strategic position. They'll have only Austria-Hungary on their border, and an offensive position against Germany / England.

The only flaw I see is that they have 2 fleets in the Atlantic, whereas 3 is necessary to steamroll through the British Isles and into the North Sea.

Given that situation, I would not be totally surprised to see Italy instead use its builds this year to open a second front against Austria-Hungary, which has so far failed to grow significantly beyond its initial conquests (like most of us crabs here on the board).

Edit: Further I do not expect Russia to be able to expand fast enough to establish a stalemate line.

If I recall correctly, this means all units will HOLD, not that they lie down and die or support each other.

I'm sure our illustrious (and perhaps slightly irritated) GM will clarify if I'm mistaken.

As a suggestion for everyone, I usually send in a set of dead-hand orders right after the update, so if the entire French diplomatic corp is kidnapped or otherwise too sloshed to formulate a coherent strategy, the GM still has orders to process at the deadline and we don't fall into civil disorder.

Granted, I'm sure joebthegreat doesn't appreciate the inbox spam.

Civic disorder means all units simply hold position, they do not support anybody, and if they are dislodged they are immediately disbanded. It might not have a major effect, but it could also be ruinous to any Great Power with ambition.

I don't mind inbox spam. It makes me feel slightly less bad about not having a life :nods:

I'd say the strength of the Austro-Italian non-aggression treaty has been the core advantage for Italy this game.

An Anglo-German alliance could have gotten similar momentum. They had a truly fantastic early victory against France by taking Brest and Belgium. I'm not sure what destabilized it, but the Winter 1901 build of a second German fleet certainly didn't help.

After the initial Russo-Turkish spat the eastern triangle was doomed to either be dominated by Austria-Hungary or to being bloody Balkan quagmire...which based on the latest betrayal I expect to continue.

As for my beloved France...I probably should have picked England or Germany and stuck with it...however, I didn't come in until she had already suffered an unusually strong set-back. I should have been more patient in waiting until a truly opportune moment to stab...though even then, I'm not sure I could have held out much longer against Italy given the level of support England or Germany was likely to offer.

If France doesn't live to see 1906...I am entertaining offers to serve another nation in some junior capacity. It'll be ever so quiet when I'm pushed out to the very periphery of diplomatic correspondence and are no longer invited to even the third-best parties.

If France doesn't live to see 1906...I am entertaining offers to serve another nation in some junior capacity. It'll be ever so quiet when I'm pushed out to the very periphery of diplomatic correspondence and are no longer invited to even the third-best parties.

Despite the undeniable fact that you talk too much Turkey is willing to accept you into its ranks.

Despite the undeniable fact that you talk too much Turkey is willing to accept you into its ranks.

Turkey for the win! I'll start thinking strategy, and if France falls, relocate to Istanbul.

**Breaking News**

As Italy breaks new ground in Mainland france, it seems the politcal front in Italy has reached boiling point. We can report that the General behind Italy's massive territorial gains has returned to Rome with several battalions stationed outside all goverment buildings... actually coming jurst now in the last five minutes we have been given a statement made by the general's party.. it reads

"Today, Italy has come of age. Italy has once again breathed life into itself and the barren wastelands, poverty and desperation once felt by this great nation has disappeared. I have today instigated a revolution for all the people of Italy. The King has accepted my order for his abdication and officially declared myself his rightful Heir Apparant. He has declared his alleigence to me, Julius Scipili Adamissimo Emperor of Italy, Iberia & France. All government officials shall continue their duties as normal.

Together once again the Italian people are reunited to fight the struggle's created by Europe's old masters.

The Italian Empire, once alone, now almighty"

Last edited:
With the announcement of proclamation of Italian Empire, The Russia wants to have ceasefire with our enemies in order to counter this ever growing superpower or threat for all of Europe.

Edited: "Grand Alliance"? :)

Last edited: