• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That was not our impression when the Kaiser generously let you convoy into Sweden in 1901...

Germany's words were of little effect. Germany was fully engaged in their operations against France at the time. Germany had no strategic interest in Sweden, no means to defend it, and nothing more than hubris to claim it within her 'sphere of influence.' As such, great Russia humored your delusions, and took Sweden anyway. There was no diplomacy there, only Germany's acknowledgement of a practical reality.

In fact, the 'diplomacy' was all on Russia and Britain's side...as they guaranteed (and still guarantee) your posession of Denmark.

however, we in Russia have found that no one respects us unless they have tasted our steel. This is amply born out by our dealings with your Empire, and the Turk.

What warped notion of respect are you going by, pray tell? The one where we kowtow to your every whim and desire?

What warped notion of respect are you going by, pray tell? The one where we kowtow to your every whim and desire?

No, one that recognizes the reality of each nation attempting to reach world domination through the acquisition of 18 supply centers.

Spring, 1904

UNDERLINED MEANS THE ORDER FAILED.

Great Britain said:
A Bre move Par
F Pic move Eng
F Nth hold
F Edi support F Nth Hold

France said:
A Bur - Paris
F Mid-Atlantic - English Channel

Germany said:
A Ruh - Mun
A Bel - Bur
A Den Hold
F Nrg - Cly
F Hol - Nth
F Kie - Hol

Austria-Hungary said:
A Rum -> Gal
A Vie S A Rum -> Gal
A Bud S A Rum -> Gal
A Bul -> Gre
A Ser S A Bul -> Gre
A Alb S A Bul -> Gre

Italy said:
A Ven Move Pie
F Nap Move Ion
A Spa Move Por
F Wes Move MAt
F Gol Move Spa sc
A Mar Hold

Russia said:
Army Gal move Rum
Army Ukr support Army Gal move Rum
Army Sev support Army Gal move Rum
Army War move Gal
Army Fin move Swe
Fleet Nwy Hold

Turkey said:
A Con move Bul
F Bla support A Con move Bul
F Aeg support A Con move Bul

19042spring.png

NO UNITS ARE DISLODGED, NO RETREATS NECESSARY. WE THEREFORE SKIP DIRECTLY TO FALL.

Fall, 1904
19043fall.png

IT IS NOW THE DIPLOMATIC AND ORDER WRITING PHASE, FALL 1904. DEADLINE IS 2200 GMT, 16 JULY (~26 Hours from now).

Ah, well, turn-about is fair-play.

Ah, well, turn-about is fair-play.

´tis a pity.

We do not recognise the German government. We believe Our Cousin, the Kaiser, has been removed from power in a coup d´etat, and that nation is now being led astray by he-who-must-not-be-named.

As such, Britain officially declares war on this faux German government in order to restore Kaiser Tamius to His rightful place .

Brief summary of current European situation.

Great Britain: Currently fighting 2 wars which is against Germany and France. Unfavorable position against Germany. Unless there is some intervention GB is likely to defeated against Germany even without French assistance to Germany.

France: It seems they are fighting in the 3 fronts, but in truth they have one active front which is Italian. Already weakened France will be no match against Italians.

Germany: As I have mentioned earlier Germany has advantages against GB. Only threat for them is Russian intervention.

Austria: Balkan wars tide turned against them, but they are still recognizable force. While Italy and Germany is busy, their current worry is war against Russian and Ottomans. They hope for split between Russian and Ottomans.

Italy: With Iberian peninsula is within their reach and doesn't have threat around their border makes Italy the most powerful kingdom. They can choose their enemy carefully, because they have time. After France, if they play carefully I think they can be the winner with current situation.

Russia: War against Austria is going well with the help Ottomans who were once their hatred enemies. The Russia has too many distractions and whichever direction they goes it's likely to make new enemies and new fronts that will be impossible to manage.

Ottomans: They were losing war against Russia, because of Austrian intervention. But now is the situation changed, they believe in their power. After Austria they have many choices, including war against Russia. But I would like to advise them not to do because meantime Italy will be unstoppable.

Fair assessment. I think Italy's long-term advantage is that they're likely to hold both SCs on both sides of the main stalemate line. Assuming they can survive a stab from Austria-Hungary or a German invasion south through the Tirol, I think they've more or less got it in the bag.

Fair assessment. I think Italy's long-term advantage is that they're likely to hold both SCs on both sides of the main stalemate line. Assuming they can survive a stab from Austria-Hungary or a German invasion south through the Tirol, I think they've more or less got it in the bag.

But Austria-Hungary and Germans are too busy to make that kind of movements. That's why I have said they have time to make decisions. ;)

Edited: I think our Russian senior diplomat did make a good choice to wage undeclared war against Austria-Hungary. Because even it was unexpected attack for them, they are powerful with 7 units against Russian 4 and Ottomans 3. If we waited for 1 turn, then it would be very powerful Austria-Hungary who could have handle Russian and Ottomans fronts with ease.

Last edited:
brief summary of current european situation.

Great britain: Currently fighting 2 wars which is against germany and france. Unfavorable position against germany. Unless there is some intervention gb is likely to defeated against germany even without french assistance to germany.

France: It seems they are fighting in the 3 fronts, but in truth they have one active front which is italian. Already weakened france will be no match against italians.

Germany: As i have mentioned earlier germany has advantages against gb. Only threat for them is russian intervention.

Austria: Balkan wars tide turned against them, but they are still recognizable force. While italy and germany is busy, their current worry is war against russian and ottomans. They hope for split between russian and ottomans.

Italy: With iberian peninsula is within their reach and doesn't have threat around their border makes italy the most powerful kingdom. They can choose their enemy carefully, because they have time. After france, if they play carefully i think they can be the winner with current situation.

Russia: War against austria is going well with the help ottomans who were once their hatred enemies. The russia has too many distractions and whichever direction they goes it's likely to make new enemies and new fronts that will be impossible to manage.

Ottomans: They were losing war against russia, because of austrian intervention. But now is the situation changed, they believe in their power. After austria they have many choices, including war against russia. But i would like to advise them not to do because meantime italy will be unstoppable.

and the turkic ambassador ali is really drunk

That, and having 3 fleets in the Med, which is the same as everyone else combined. Plus, they can take advantage of the power vacuum to break open the Strait of Gibraltar and launch into MAt.

As for intervention, Germany has the Tyrol window, but that is limited and needs major distractions. Germany cannot, in it's current position, project significant power southwards. Plus, it's nigh impossible to kill Italy without naval forces (which means that A-H or Turkey would have it hard without a fleet buildup, and for Turkey there is the Ion which is a major pain to pass) It is the country with the most stalemate spots, if I recall correctly.

Russian intervention in the Seelowe campaign has to be taken into account indeed. Unless there would be a Molotov-Ribbentrop pact...