• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ForzaA Herzog von Salzburg is wondering what happened to the postal services, was he placed out of the loop, is there a strike of the mailmen, or something more sinister?

ForzaA Herzog von Salzburg is wondering what happened to the postal services, was he placed out of the loop, is there a strike of the mailmen, or something more sinister?

I think at this point, the conflicts currently occuring are sufficiently well defined, but not yet concluded, so that nations already know what their own goals are, and are sufficiently confident in the goals of their neighbors to not require excessive discussion and debate.

In other words, the diplomats are idle, because the generals are slow.

So, random strategic tip from Turkey to Russia and AH:
Disband all your armies. There is this unwritten rule that gives you free pr0n if you do! :D

If it would give me 24 hours with Megan Fox, I`d consider it.

Disband all your armies. There is this unwritten rule that gives you free pr0n if you do! :D

Stuckenschmidt said:
If it would give me 24 hours with Megan Fox, I`d consider it.

:rolleyes:

I'm already married to a far more beautiful woman than 'Megan Fox,' so I don't see how this offer of 'pr0n' is in my interest at all. The Sultan needs to do better than offer seventy virgins if he wishes for peace. Perhaps if he converted to christianity?

You have fewer, so surely the cost benefit analysis in this case would suggest that you'd CERTAINLY be disbanding them all? :D

I think I spotted a glaring mistake in your update ;)

hint: the mistake starts with an N that should be an L, and ends with an E that should be a Y :p

You speak in foreign tongues too complex for my simple mind to understand.

Was anyone talking about marriage?

I was...

I pointed out that I have the pleasure of the company of a more beautiful woman, on a permanent basis, who doesn't see me as a payday or another chump or one-night-stand. I am thus not tempted by the Sultan's offer.

Get thee a wife, Stuck. If you choose well, you will be a happy man.

Get thee a wife, Stuck. If you choose well, you will be a happy man.

I already have, but you still don`t get my point. :D

But it`s okay, you`re a little bit confused. Just a reminder: Ukraine left, Moscow right. :p

I already have, but you still don`t get my point. :D

But it`s okay, you`re a little bit confused. Just a reminder: Ukraine left, Moscow right. :p

Excellent! :thumbsup: I hope you chose well...

I did get your point, but it wasn't much of a point. That sort of 'entertainment' just doesn't compare to what my spouse can bring to the relationship.

Thanks for the reminder...I'll try to avoid sending orders when I'm, uh, distracted like that, uh, again.

I only just realised that Saint Petersburg shares a border with Norway, and so, if I had wished, I could have stood off the British fleet to Norway on turn two... Hm.

Oh well, doesn't make much difference now.

I only just realised that Saint Petersburg shares a border with Norway, and so, if I had wished, I could have stood off the British fleet to Norway on turn two... Hm.

Yeah, that's a pretty classic opening. Russia bounces England in Norway (unless England opens North and Norwegian), takes Rumania in the south after bouncing Turkey in the Black, and usually ends up bouncing with Germany in Sweden (since rarely there's a good reason for Germany to let the Russians get a second build).

I like it because it's pretty daring and takes advantage of Austria-Hungary's generally cautious and conservative nature (being in a very precarious opening position).

It is not, however, as awesome as the Key Lepanto, which I've still never seen.

Is it against forum rules to run two Diplomacy games at once? I'm just anticipating a disruption in my supplier in the next few days.

Yeah, that's a pretty classic opening. Russia bounces England in Norway (unless England opens North and Norwegian), takes Rumania in the south after bouncing Turkey in the Black, and usually ends up bouncing with Germany in Sweden (since rarely there's a good reason for Germany to let the Russians get a second build).

I like it because it's pretty daring and takes advantage of Austria-Hungary's generally cautious and conservative nature (being in a very precarious opening position).

Is it against forum rules to run two Diplomacy games at once? I'm just anticipating a disruption in my supplier in the next few days.

Unfortunately we are limited to only doing one of each type of game at a time on this forum (unless it is werewolf... those spoiled brats...)

Key Lepanto is awesome against those that do not know the tactic. It is a strong opening, but it is not unbeatable.

Joeb - What about a variant of diplomacy? Could there be a case for it? It's a question that was raised in the BSG game threads, where there was talk of running two games with different rulesets...

My favorite French opening is to turn-tail and retreat. It has an insouciance that I find delightful.

Explicitly:
F Brest - Mid-Atlantic
A Marseilles - Spain
A Paris - Gascony

Then if perfidious Albion opens to the English Channel, you can self-bounce in Brest and build a fleet there with your one build.

Admittedly, it does require that you only suffer one or at most two attacks in the first year...but I feel that typically the Western Theatre doesn't turn hot until 1902 anyway.

If you're left unmolested, you can move A Spain - Portugal and A Gascony - Spain, maintain a splendid strategic position in the Mid-Atlantic and have two builds to split among three open home centers. C'est magnifique!

Joeb - What about a variant of diplomacy? Could there be a case for it? It's a question that was raised in the BSG game threads, where there was talk of running two games with different rulesets...

Hah! Let's do F Rome Diplomacy. I always felt Italy was under-powered.