• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
End of Year, 1902

Great Britain said:
F Nth retreat BEL

Turkey said:
A Sev retreat Arm

19026fall.png

Great Britain said:
Build F edi

Germany said:
Disband A Pic.

Austria-Hungary said:
One army in Budapest

Russia said:
Build Army Stp

Turkey said:
Disband Army Constantinople

Spring, 1903
19031spring.png

Last edited:
IT IS NOW THE DIPLOMATIC AND ORDER WRITING PHASE, SPRING 1903. DEADLINE FOR ALL ORDERS WILL BE 2100 GMT (~24 Hours 30 Minutes from now).

Colour in Picardy and Burgundy, would you?

-Kaiser Tamius von Kartoffel

See what happens when I go out and try to have a real life and post one update in a rush? Three whole pictures in a row have incorrect coloring and I have a controversy involving orders.

I want nothing to do with this "life" randakar seems to find so compelling.

... Fix'd

No, the rules explicitly state that if I get conflicting orders I will use the senior diplomat's orders... I will honor the wishes of the senior diplomat if, for example, he asks me to use the most junior diplomat's order when they come in. I will honor the wishes of the senior diplomat if he says he doesn't want the orders he sent to be the "final orders" and wants me to accept any changes that are made at a later point in time. If the senior diplomat did NOT actually specify that he wanted to change the orders later, then it is MY mistake in allowing a junior diplomat's orders to supersede.

I need honesty here... when the senior diplomat PMed me did he or did he not state that the orders would be changed later?

I never said they would be changed, or that I wanted them changed. I asked for the junior diplomats "thoughts" on the matter, not that they change it. If they wanted to change it I wanted them to go through me.

I wish I had been here sooner to say this :(

The Wise Tsar's wishes should be respected, this is the belief held by His Majesty, King of Great Britain, Emperor of the Half-Globe, in London.

My thanks for your support, Majesty. I pray for this matter to be resolved in a way that would benefit Russia.

As do we, Most Wise Tsar, for the friendship and goodwill between our nations, situated on opposite ends of the European continent, has lasted more than three hundred years. May St. Petersburg and London continue to enjoy warm relations.

As do we, Most Wise Tsar, for the friendship and goodwill between our nations, situated on opposite ends of the European continent, has lasted more than three hundred years. May St. Petersburg and London continue to enjoy warm relations.

:cough: Crimean War :cough:

The game is currently on hold while I resolve the situation with Russia.

The orders Russia's senior diplomat submitted are used in the Fall of 1902. Russia will thus be given control of Sevastopol, their army in Ukraine will be placed in Sevastopol, and they will have a build order completed. Turkey will lose control of Sevastopol, their army will retreat to Armenia, and they will have one disband order completed. The updates and maps for Fall 1902 and End of Year 1902 will be edited accordingly.

This game will not be continued until I have those orders from Turkey, and both parties understand the situation. I apologize for my failure to strictly adhere to my own rules. I hope in the future that this game can run smoothly and without these kinds of mistakes.

I feel like a bad GM :(

I don't see any other Diplomacy GMs around here, so how can you be a bad one?

By failing to follow my own rules and failing to follow good procedure in making my updates, I have had to retroactively change at least 4 of my maps, some of them twice, and have felt myself compelled to make decisions I wouldn't have made as a GM with enough time to fully think things through.

I could have avoided all of this by pushing the Fall 1902 deadline back by ~14 hours, and coming to the update when all the orders were in and I didn't have a real life rush to try and push the update out ASAP. At the very least I could have been methodical and have had time to think about any mistakes I may have been making.

---

EDIT: But let's not add spamming and moping to the list.

MAPS UPDATED. THE PHASE WILL RESUME WITH A NEW DEADLINE AS SOON AS A DISBAND ORDER IS RECEIVED FROM TURKEY. I WILL NOT RESUME UNTIL I HAVE TALKED WITH NAJS ABOUT THIS ISSUE.

Shouldn't England, Germany, and Austria have an opportunity to revise their orders given the new Russo-Turkish situation?

(Not that I think they will...but for good procedure's sake)

Also, many thanks joebthegreat for hosting this game. I don't mind a few errors here and there; we're all human. Just to play is fun enough.

The game is currently on hold while I resolve the situation with Russia.

The orders Russia's senior diplomat submitted are used in the Fall of 1902. Russia will thus be given control of Sevastopol, their army in Ukraine will be placed in Sevastopol, and they will have a build order completed. Turkey will lose control of Sevastopol, their army will retreat to Armenia, and they will have one disband order completed. The updates and maps for Fall 1902 and End of Year 1902 will be edited accordingly.

This game will not be continued until I have those orders from Turkey, and both parties understand the situation. I apologize for my failure to strictly adhere to my own rules. I hope in the future that this game can run smoothly and without these kinds of mistakes.

Thank you, thankyouthankyouthankyou, THANK YOU!