+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 38 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Diplomacy I: The Great Diplomats

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Most excellent, it looks like the Russian Bear will easily recover from my military and diplomatic ineptitude. I assure my fellow country men that I will do better in future.

Europa Universalis 3

Whispers and rumors

A special delegation of junior ministers from every department and bureau has left Paris for a "good-will tour" of the United States. Rumors speak of baggage trains much larger than expected for a party of that size. Simultaneously all the state-owned museums in Paris have been closed as well as the private collection of the Sorbonne.

A bill authorizing martial law is under debate in the Senate and all trains leaving Paris for the south-east are filled with civilians who can afford a ticket. A temporary rations increase has been authorized to boost morale, but the picture in Paris is grim.
    "My good man, this is not the time for making enemies." - Voltaire, on his deathbed, when asked to renounce Satan.

"We give you no fixed place to live, no form that is peculiar to you, nor any function that is yours alone. According to your desires and judgement, you will have and possess whatever place to live, whatever form, and whatever functions you yourself choose." - God to Adam, Oration on the Dignity of Man by Pico della Mirandola.

The Guardian of Divergences Athalcor's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDungeonlandEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    Sword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k clubTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    Europa Universalis IV

Oh, you really got into the game! I am happy to see that .

And ese, I warned you about losing Brest...
    All Hail Britannia - a V2 AAR - awarded the Weekly AAR Showcase on 6/15/14, came 2nd in the 2014 Q2 ACAs.

Will mod for food. Last meal for [MiniMod] Holy Britannian Empire Formation.

My two other shamefully abandoned AARs...(there is also a third one hiding in the corners of the V2 AARland, not even worth linking)

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Did you warn him about losing France?

Anyway, I hear that Elba and St Helena are wonderful places to spend your lives in...
    Last edited by reis91; 09-07-2011 at 23:04.
    Come and hunt your fellow Paradoxians in the Werewolf Forum

What this means is that no one technically voted on the first day and we have all been auto-lynched. Since none of us were following ghost rules from that point forward, we are all banned from werewolf for life. - Cymsdale

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindMagicka
    Sword of the Stars500k club

The british are most pleased with how matters regarding the French conflict are turning out. The British empire however is not hatefull; There will be positions of repute and influence to be gained within the British administration for those who choose to wisely support the British claim to Brest and Paris.
    "Donít only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
    -- Ludwig von Beethoven

Boris ze Spider: I have a question, was this just luck, or?
    EUROO7: No, this was Randy's black magic.
    Boris ze Spider: Lesson learned, always trust Randy's black magic.

*** Current Overseer of BloodCarnage, a Dwarf Fortress Succession Game. Get dorfed today! ***

Holder of the sacred Eurobuck of Immunity

The future scares me. It should scare you too!

Practitioner of "Calm Rage" joebthegreat's Avatar
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Victoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Update will probably be late. If I don't get all the orders in I will move deadline back (I don't want our first game of Diplomacy to be ruined by civil disorder in a Great Power).

I have sent PMs to any Great Powers that still haven't sent me orders.
    Come play our most recent game of werewolf, or diplomacy
    Werewolf MICRO: Wolf: 1(1 wins) TOTAL: 1(1 wins) || GMed: 0(0 goodie wins/0 baddie wins)
    Werewolf LITE: Villager: 20(40 wins) Wolf: 11(33 wins) Seer: 2(4 wins) TOTAL: 33(66 wins) || GMed: 11100101(0 goodie wins/0 baddie wins)
    Werewolf BIG: Villager: 1(600 wins) Wolf: 600(1 wins) Cultist: 2(2 wins) Priest: 1(1 wins) Lover: 1*(1 wins) Thief: 1(1 wins) TOTAL: 20(1 wins) || GMed: 1(200 goodie wins/0 baddie wins)
    GRAND TOTAL: 2(0 wins) || GM TOTAL: 0(42 goodie wins/42 baddie wins)
    ----------
    Diplomacy: Great Britain: 0(0 wins) France: 0(0 wins) Germany: 0(0 wins) Austria: 0(0 wins) Italy: 1(0 wins) Russia: 0(0 wins) Turkey: 0(0 wins) TOTAL: 0(0 wins) || GMed: 1(0 wins/0 wins/0 wins/0 wins/0 wins/0 wins/0 wins)

"Quote" -Author

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindMagicka
    Sword of the Stars500k club

I wouldn mind a bit of a pushback here, since I'm still in discussion with some people regarding this turn.
    Besides, it's the weekend, so people are busy doing other stuff. You may want to put in a 48 hour deadline as a saturday-sunday standard anyway ;-)
    "Donít only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
    -- Ludwig von Beethoven

Boris ze Spider: I have a question, was this just luck, or?
    EUROO7: No, this was Randy's black magic.
    Boris ze Spider: Lesson learned, always trust Randy's black magic.

*** Current Overseer of BloodCarnage, a Dwarf Fortress Succession Game. Get dorfed today! ***

Holder of the sacred Eurobuck of Immunity

The future scares me. It should scare you too!

Quote Originally Posted by randakar View Post
    I wouldn mind a bit of a pushback here, since I'm still in discussion with some people regarding this turn.
    Besides, it's the weekend, so people are busy doing other stuff. You may want to put in a 48 hour deadline as a saturday-sunday standard anyway ;-)
    This may appease the "people who have lives" demographic, but it goes against my core "people who don't have lives" demographic that I try to appeal to with these sorts of games.

... I'll think about it.
    Werewolf MICRO: Wolf: 1(1 wins) TOTAL: 1(1 wins) || GMed: 0(0 goodie wins/0 baddie wins)
    Werewolf LITE: Villager: 20(40 wins) Wolf: 11(33 wins) Seer: 2(4 wins) TOTAL: 33(66 wins) || GMed: 11100101(0 goodie wins/0 baddie wins)
    Werewolf BIG: Villager: 1(600 wins) Wolf: 600(1 wins) Cultist: 2(2 wins) Priest: 1(1 wins) Lover: 1*(1 wins) Thief: 1(1 wins) TOTAL: 20(1 wins) || GMed: 1(200 goodie wins/0 baddie wins)
    ----------
    Diplomacy: Great Britain: 0(0 wins) France: 0(0 wins) Germany: 0(0 wins) Austria: 0(0 wins) Italy: 1(0 wins) Russia: 0(0 wins) Turkey: 0(0 wins) TOTAL: 0(0 wins) || GMed: 1(0 wins/0 wins/0 wins/0 wins/0 wins/0 wins/0 wins)

"Quote" -Author

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi500k club

Guilty.

What this means is that no one technically voted on the first day and we have all been auto-lynched. Since none of us were following ghost rules from that point forward, we are all banned from werewolf for life. - Cymsdale

No matter what happens, this update will be late.

At the moment, it appears I will be making an update around the original planned time, however.
    ----------

"Quote" -Author

Original time as in Lite's deadline?

Quote Originally Posted by reis91 View Post
    Original time as in Lite's deadline?
    Reprase: Update should still take place close to 2400 GMT, which was the time I originally planned today's update to be.
    ----------

"Quote" -Author

Fall, 1902

(UNDERLINED MEANS THE ORDER FAILED)

Quote Originally Posted by Great Britain
    F iri move Mat
    F Bre hold
    F Eng support hold F Bre
    F Nth hold
    A Lon hold
    Quote Originally Posted by France
    A Paris - Burgundy
    A Gascony - Marseilles
    A Spain - Marseilles
    F Mid-Atlantic - Spain (South Coast)
    Quote Originally Posted by Germany
    A Bur S A Bel - Pic
    A Bel - Pic
    A Mun - Kie
    A Kie - Den
    F Den - Nth
    F Hol S F Den - Nth
    Quote Originally Posted by Austria-Hungary
    A Tri XXX
    A Alb -> Gre
    F Gre -> Bul
    A Ser S F Gre -> Bul
    A Rum S A Ukr -> Sev
    Quote Originally Posted by Italy
    F Tyr to GoL
    F Wes to Spa
    A Pie Support A Spa move Mar
    A Ven to Tus
    Quote Originally Posted by Russia
    Arm Mos move Sev
    Arm Ukr support Arm Mos move Sev
    Arm Lvn holds
    Flt Bot move Swe
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkey
    A Bul hold
    A Con support A Bul hold
    A Sev hold
    F Bla support A Sev hold
    F Aeg move Gre

GREAT BRITAIN'S FLEET IN THE NORTH SEA IS DISLODGED. GREAT BRITAIN IS REQUIRED TO SEND A RETREAT ORDER FOR IT.
    TURKEY'S ARMY IN SEVASTOPOL IS DISLODGED. TURKEY IS REQUIRED TO SEND A RETREAT ORDER FOR IT.

Fall, 1902
    Last edited by joebthegreat; 11-07-2011 at 07:34.
    ----------

"Quote" -Author

(I made this in a bit of a rush I hope I didn't f**k anything up too bad)

I'm going to be away for the next few hours. I'll update the number of units and number of supply centers later... as of right now there is no set deadline for build orders or Great Britain's retreat order.
    ----------

"Quote" -Author

Europa Universalis 3

M. de M. in Paris

Late after midnight in Paris, senior diplomat M. de Montluzin-Sauzay was seen departing the …lysťe for La Sainte-Chapelle. Those who saw him entering in the leaving the government car, remarked that his hair had turned bright white, his unusually meticulously pressed suit rumpled, and his general demeanor harried.

La Sainte-Chapelle is known to be a favorite chapel of M. de M. though today it is much less to look on as the relics and stained glass have been removed to safe-keeping by government operatives.

Despite the apparent respite, a small cadre of aids remained outside in La Conciergerie with military wireless radio equipment to relay any reports from the front.
    "My good man, this is not the time for making enemies." - Voltaire, on his deathbed, when asked to renounce Satan.

"We give you no fixed place to live, no form that is peculiar to you, nor any function that is yours alone. According to your desires and judgement, you will have and possess whatever place to live, whatever form, and whatever functions you yourself choose." - God to Adam, Oration on the Dignity of Man by Pico della Mirandola.

Europa Universalis 3Victoria 2500k club

Shuttling back and forth between work and that someone special...
    Peste!

Now it is my turn to be humbled. My apologies, Austria and the Russian team, I wrote the orders incorrectly.

Argh...

The Last Mission A Love Story

There is no way to peace along the way of safety. For peace must be dared, it is itself the great venture and can never be safe. Peace is the opposite of security. To demand guarantees is to want to protect oneself. Peace means giving oneself completely to God's commandment, wanting no security, but in faith and obedience laying the destiny of the nations in the hand of almighty God, not trying to direct it for selfish purposes. Battles are won, not with weapons, but with God. They are won when the way leads to the cross.

Europa Universalis 3

Completely irrelevant to the outcomes, but I think Austria's "A Rum S A Ukr - Sev" should not be underlined. I say this because it should default to "A Rum S A Ukr hold" since A Ukr isn't going anywhere.

Though really rather disappointing lack of supply centers changing hands across the board...

I imagine the Sultan is laughing out loud in Constantinople...

And Germany demands that Pic and Bur be painted grey
    Last edited by reis91; 10-07-2011 at 02:59.

Europa Universalis 3

France strongly recommends England retreat F North to Belgium.

Edit: I can't actually see the map on my slow Chinese connection, so I'm inferring from past moves. I think England can then build a fleet in Edinburg with the new SC.

Yep. Wooden wall indeed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 38 63 ... LastLast