• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
seboden is now a junior german diplomat, working with reis91 and tamius23

Spring, 1909 (PT 2)

Germany said:
A Spa - Gas
F NAt - Nrg
F Bel - Nth

19094spring.png

Fall, 1909
19095fall.png

I don't know the next time I'll be able to get to my computer. So...

IT IS NOW THE DIPLOMATIC AND ORDER WRITING PHASE, FALL 1909. I WILL COME BACK WITH A DEFINITE DEADLINE TOMORROW, IT WILL NOT BE UNTIL SOME TIME ON SUNDAY, THE 7TH OF AUGUST.

I welcome seboden to the German High Command and nominate him, by the authority of our Kaiser, as interim ambassador and Supreme Commander of the German Forces.

OOC : I travelled 10Km to the nearest city to get wireless connection to check up on here, and I am glad I can leave the fate of Germany in good hands.

Graf Kuno von Sebodenstein gratefully accepts this highest honor and the high responsibility it carries and will his do his utmost to protect the German Empire from all threats. Long live the Kaiser!
He also reminds all the powers of Europe that he's new in the European diplomacy sphere, having just come back from an expedition to the sources of the Nile. So all powers that wish to uphold any old secret treaties he may not even know about or propose new ones, are welcome to cable the German Foreign Office.

DEADLINE WILL BE 2300 GMT, 07 AUGUST (~24 Hours from now)

Fall, 1909

UNDERLINED MEANS THE ORDER FAILED.

great britain said:
f den m kie
f eng m lon
f lvp m cly
f nat m nrg

germany said:
f nth - nwy
f nrg - edi
f kie - den
a ruh - hol
a gas - par

austria-hungary said:
a ven - rom
a alb - (adr) - ven
f adr c a alb - ven
f eas - ion
a bud - ser
a tri s a vie
a vie s a tri

italy said:
a hol hold
a bel support a hol hold
f mat move spa sc (???)
f tyr move tun
a mar gas
f bre hold

russia said:
fleet bal support fleet kie move den
army mun move bur
army tyr move pie
army boh move tyr
army sil move mun
army war move sil

turkey said:
a apulia s a venice - rome
f ionian - tyrhennian
f naples s f ionian - tyrhennian

19096fall.png

THE BRITISH FLEET IN DENMARK IS DISLODGED. A RETREAT ORDER FOR IT MUST BE SENT BEFORE THE GAME CAN CONTINUE.

Fall, 1909
19097fall.png

WHY TRUST A GERMAN

WHY :mad:

Backstabbing Russians, gee. I'm out anyway, I'd completely forgotten about this and only sent in orders an hour or two before deadline. I'm only going to get busier in the next week or two, and this takes so much more time than werewolf or BSG.

Backstabbing Russians? What did I do?

"fleet bal support fleet kie move den" much? Rather than the hoped for

F Bal move Ber
A Sil support F Bal move Ber
A Mun support F Den move Kie

With you to get both Berlin then and Sweden later?

"fleet bal support fleet kie move den" much? Rather than the hoped for

F Bal move Ber
A Sil support F Bal move Ber
A Mun support F Den move Kie

With you to get both Berlin then and Sweden later?

Yeah, I don't think it really counts as a backstab if you're loyal to the alliance you signed up for rather than move against your allies at the first opportunity.

Oh, wait, that's exactly what you would do :eek:

:p

Yeah, I don't think it really counts as a backstab if you're loyal to the alliance you signed up for rather than move against your allies at the first opportunity.

Oh, wait, that's exactly what you would do :eek:

:p

No, it's only what I would do when supposed allies are refusing to comunicate their intentions. Or indeed communicate much at all. Generally I favour picking an alliance and sticking at it, but here I've been left stranded by other Great Britain players and by a lack of replies. Case in point, I tried to set up an alliance against Italy for a tie. No response, stick to their plan anyway, and it turns out that one of the alliance "members" had told Italy I was going to attack them. So then I go back to Italy to try and stop a runaway of the other countries who didn't want a tie, and suddenly they want one.

All I've done is try and pick up the pieces long enough that no one power gets ahead, but no one wanted to play nicely.

Not that what I'd usually play like matters much.

Did Russia stab England? Did England stab Russia? I really can't tell.

None ever come to chat in Istanbul...we've got tokai and delights...they're delightful, it's in the name!

Traditionally, England and Turkey keep up a steady but not torrential stream of correspondence since their interests rarely conflict, and they can both benefit from sharing intelligence.

Ah....

I didn't want to be mean to the new guy. Sorry.

I'm newer at Diplomacy than he is :p

But yeah, with all the civil disorder in Great Britain we probably deserved it. It's game over for Italy and us now.

Regardless, what provinces can F Den legally retreat to? Ber? Swe? Anything else and it's probably better getting disbanded.

Did Russia stab England? Did England stab Russia? I really can't tell.

None ever come to chat in Istanbul...we've got tokai and delights...they're delightful, it's in the name!

Traditionally, England and Turkey keep up a steady but not torrential stream of correspondence since their interests rarely conflict, and they can both benefit from sharing intelligence.

You're right, we don't exactly have overlapping spheres. Although in this case the deal I proposed to you, Austria-Hungary and Russia would have favoured you much more than what you actually got - I had you down as getting Rome. Instead, Russia is cutting you and Austria-Hungary off from the SCs in Western Europe. With a strong German ally, they could even have the power to turn on you rather than take the immediate draw, and sneak a win that way.

Regardless, what provinces can F Den legally retreat to? Ber? Swe? Anything else and it's probably better getting disbanded.

Legal retreats are:

Sweden
Skaggerak
North Sea
Helgoland Bight

I don't think there are any others.