+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4 29 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1341

Thread: Diplomacy I: The Great Diplomats

Europa Universalis 3

Quote Originally Posted by reis91 View Post
    OOC : I travelled 10Km to the nearest city to get wireless connection to check up on here
    Dedication.
    "My good man, this is not the time for making enemies." - Voltaire, on his deathbed, when asked to renounce Satan.

"We give you no fixed place to live, no form that is peculiar to you, nor any function that is yours alone. According to your desires and judgement, you will have and possess whatever place to live, whatever form, and whatever functions you yourself choose." - God to Adam, Oration on the Dignity of Man by Pico della Mirandola.

EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Bagricula View Post
    Dedication.
    Madness.
    And one day we will die and our ashes will fly from the aeroplane over the sea
    But for now we are young let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see......

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by EUROO7 View Post
    Madness.
    Madness?
    THIS. IS. SPARTA!

Practitioner of "Calm Rage" joebthegreat's Avatar
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Victoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

seboden is now a junior german diplomat, working with reis91 and tamius23
    Come play our most recent game of werewolf, or diplomacy
    Werewolf MICRO: Wolf: 1(1 wins) TOTAL: 1(1 wins) || GMed: 0(0 goodie wins/0 baddie wins)
    Werewolf LITE: Villager: 20(40 wins) Wolf: 11(33 wins) Seer: 2(4 wins) TOTAL: 33(66 wins) || GMed: 11100101(0 goodie wins/0 baddie wins)
    Werewolf BIG: Villager: 1(600 wins) Wolf: 600(1 wins) Cultist: 2(2 wins) Priest: 1(1 wins) Lover: 1*(1 wins) Thief: 1(1 wins) TOTAL: 20(1 wins) || GMed: 1(200 goodie wins/0 baddie wins)
    GRAND TOTAL: 2(0 wins) || GM TOTAL: 0(42 goodie wins/42 baddie wins)
    ----------
    Diplomacy: Great Britain: 0(0 wins) France: 0(0 wins) Germany: 0(0 wins) Austria: 0(0 wins) Italy: 1(0 wins) Russia: 0(0 wins) Turkey: 0(0 wins) TOTAL: 0(0 wins) || GMed: 1(0 wins/0 wins/0 wins/0 wins/0 wins/0 wins/0 wins)

"Quote" -Author

Spring, 1909 (PT 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Germany
    A Spa - Gas
    F NAt - Nrg
    F Bel - Nth

Fall, 1909
    Werewolf MICRO: Wolf: 1(1 wins) TOTAL: 1(1 wins) || GMed: 0(0 goodie wins/0 baddie wins)
    Werewolf LITE: Villager: 20(40 wins) Wolf: 11(33 wins) Seer: 2(4 wins) TOTAL: 33(66 wins) || GMed: 11100101(0 goodie wins/0 baddie wins)
    Werewolf BIG: Villager: 1(600 wins) Wolf: 600(1 wins) Cultist: 2(2 wins) Priest: 1(1 wins) Lover: 1*(1 wins) Thief: 1(1 wins) TOTAL: 20(1 wins) || GMed: 1(200 goodie wins/0 baddie wins)
    ----------
    Diplomacy: Great Britain: 0(0 wins) France: 0(0 wins) Germany: 0(0 wins) Austria: 0(0 wins) Italy: 1(0 wins) Russia: 0(0 wins) Turkey: 0(0 wins) TOTAL: 0(0 wins) || GMed: 1(0 wins/0 wins/0 wins/0 wins/0 wins/0 wins/0 wins)

"Quote" -Author

I don't know the next time I'll be able to get to my computer. So...

IT IS NOW THE DIPLOMATIC AND ORDER WRITING PHASE, FALL 1909. I WILL COME BACK WITH A DEFINITE DEADLINE TOMORROW, IT WILL NOT BE UNTIL SOME TIME ON SUNDAY, THE 7TH OF AUGUST.
    ----------

"Quote" -Author

200k clubEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineRome: Vae Victis
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by reis91 View Post
    I welcome seboden to the German High Command and nominate him, by the authority of our Kaiser, as interim ambassador and Supreme Commander of the German Forces.

OOC : I travelled 10Km to the nearest city to get wireless connection to check up on here, and I am glad I can leave the fate of Germany in good hands.
    Graf Kuno von Sebodenstein gratefully accepts this highest honor and the high responsibility it carries and will his do his utmost to protect the German Empire from all threats. Long live the Kaiser!
    He also reminds all the powers of Europe that he's new in the European diplomacy sphere, having just come back from an expedition to the sources of the Nile. So all powers that wish to uphold any old secret treaties he may not even know about or propose new ones, are welcome to cable the German Foreign Office.

DEADLINE WILL BE 2300 GMT, 07 AUGUST (~24 Hours from now)
    ----------

"Quote" -Author

Fall, 1909

UNDERLINED MEANS THE ORDER FAILED.

Quote Originally Posted by great britain
    f den m kie
    f eng m lon
    f lvp m cly
    f nat m nrg
    Quote Originally Posted by germany
    f nth - nwy
    f nrg - edi
    f kie - den
    a ruh - hol
    a gas - par
    Quote Originally Posted by austria-hungary
    a ven - rom
    a alb - (adr) - ven
    f adr c a alb - ven
    f eas - ion
    a bud - ser
    a tri s a vie
    a vie s a tri
    Quote Originally Posted by italy
    a hol hold
    a bel support a hol hold
    f mat move spa sc (???)
    f tyr move tun
    a mar gas
    f bre hold
    Quote Originally Posted by russia
    fleet bal support fleet kie move den
    army mun move bur
    army tyr move pie
    army boh move tyr
    army sil move mun
    army war move sil
    Quote Originally Posted by turkey
    a apulia s a venice - rome
    f ionian - tyrhennian
    f naples s f ionian - tyrhennian

THE BRITISH FLEET IN DENMARK IS DISLODGED. A RETREAT ORDER FOR IT MUST BE SENT BEFORE THE GAME CAN CONTINUE.

Fall, 1909
    ----------

"Quote" -Author

EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

WHY TRUST A GERMAN

WHY
    And one day we will die and our ashes will fly from the aeroplane over the sea
    But for now we are young let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see......

Backstabbing Russians, gee. I'm out anyway, I'd completely forgotten about this and only sent in orders an hour or two before deadline. I'm only going to get busier in the next week or two, and this takes so much more time than werewolf or BSG.

If you want a picture of the future, imagine an episode of Mr. Bean—forever.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Kiwi View Post
    Backstabbing Russians, gee. I'm out anyway, I'd completely forgotten about this and only sent in orders an hour or two before deadline. I'm only going to get busier in the next week or two, and this takes so much more time than werewolf or BSG.
    Backstabbing Russians? What did I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Taiisatai64 View Post
    Backstabbing Russians? What did I do?
    "fleet bal support fleet kie move den" much? Rather than the hoped for

F Bal move Ber
    A Sil support F Bal move Ber
    A Mun support F Den move Kie

With you to get both Berlin then and Sweden later?

Paradox QA Paradox Dev Team ForzaA's Avatar
    200k club500k club

Blog Entries

F Bal move Ber

Yeah, I don't think it really counts as a backstab if you're loyal to the alliance you signed up for rather than move against your allies at the first opportunity.

Oh, wait, that's exactly what you would do

Error in war on error on line 1.

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaA View Post
    Yeah, I don't think it really counts as a backstab if you're loyal to the alliance you signed up for rather than move against your allies at the first opportunity.

Oh, wait, that's exactly what you would do

No, it's only what I would do when supposed allies are refusing to comunicate their intentions. Or indeed communicate much at all. Generally I favour picking an alliance and sticking at it, but here I've been left stranded by other Great Britain players and by a lack of replies. Case in point, I tried to set up an alliance against Italy for a tie. No response, stick to their plan anyway, and it turns out that one of the alliance "members" had told Italy I was going to attack them. So then I go back to Italy to try and stop a runaway of the other countries who didn't want a tie, and suddenly they want one.

All I've done is try and pick up the pieces long enough that no one power gets ahead, but no one wanted to play nicely.

Not that what I'd usually play like matters much.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

F Bal move Ber

Ah....

I didn't want to be mean to the new guy. Sorry.

Europa Universalis 3

Did Russia stab England? Did England stab Russia? I really can't tell.

None ever come to chat in Istanbul...we've got tokai and delights...they're delightful, it's in the name!

Traditionally, England and Turkey keep up a steady but not torrential stream of correspondence since their interests rarely conflict, and they can both benefit from sharing intelligence.
    "My good man, this is not the time for making enemies." - Voltaire, on his deathbed, when asked to renounce Satan.

"We give you no fixed place to live, no form that is peculiar to you, nor any function that is yours alone. According to your desires and judgement, you will have and possess whatever place to live, whatever form, and whatever functions you yourself choose." - God to Adam, Oration on the Dignity of Man by Pico della Mirandola.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiisatai64 View Post
    Ah....

I didn't want to be mean to the new guy. Sorry.
    I'm newer at Diplomacy than he is

But yeah, with all the civil disorder in Great Britain we probably deserved it. It's game over for Italy and us now.

Regardless, what provinces can F Den legally retreat to? Ber? Swe? Anything else and it's probably better getting disbanded.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagricula View Post
    Did Russia stab England? Did England stab Russia? I really can't tell.

None ever come to chat in Istanbul...we've got tokai and delights...they're delightful, it's in the name!

Traditionally, England and Turkey keep up a steady but not torrential stream of correspondence since their interests rarely conflict, and they can both benefit from sharing intelligence.
    You're right, we don't exactly have overlapping spheres. Although in this case the deal I proposed to you, Austria-Hungary and Russia would have favoured you much more than what you actually got - I had you down as getting Rome. Instead, Russia is cutting you and Austria-Hungary off from the SCs in Western Europe. With a strong German ally, they could even have the power to turn on you rather than take the immediate draw, and sneak a win that way.

Europa Universalis 3

Regardless, what provinces can F Den legally retreat to? Ber? Swe? Anything else and it's probably better getting disbanded.
    Legal retreats are:

Sweden
    Skaggerak
    North Sea
    Helgoland Bight

I don't think there are any others.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4 29 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast