+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 107

Thread: [Mod] World War One/WW1 Mod

  1. #81
    BL-logic
    Event Team Leader
    Kalelovil's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMagickaMajesty II Collection
    March of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold War
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneV2 AHD BetaPride of Nations
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    2,372
    Is work still ongoing on this mod?

    Do you need any changes to the map (new provinces, border changes, region changes, etc.) done to better simulate the timeline?
    Game Developer East vs West - Event&Decision Team Leader
    Unless stated otherwise, the content of the above post is my personal opinion only.

    Utilities:
    Victoria 2 Pop Maker Utility: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Maker-Utility
    Victoria 2 Order Of Battle Maker Utility:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Maker-Utility
    Victoria 2 Savegame Analyser Utility: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?638277-Victoria-2-AHD-Savegame-Analyser

  2. #82
    Benevolent Imperialist flame7926's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Boulder, Colorado
    Posts
    2,218
    We are going to wait until the expansion comes out to do more work I think.

  3. #83
    Hey i noticed you need to work on Pops if you give me details i'll work on it for you. Also I'd like to help with this mod it seems to be a very good idea and is coming together well.

  4. #84
    Banned Arathian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Somewhere cold, also dark
    Posts
    565
    the mod looks really interesting.

    Right now I am in the middle of something that will take a few days, after that I will try to gather historical data about the Greek armed forces and information about the Greek civil war that preceded Greece joining world war 1 (we were, for quite some time, 2 states)

  5. #85
    Captain jaxx2009's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Southeast Texas,United States
    Posts
    420
    We may continue doing a little bit for this mod but for most of it we are waiting for AHD to release.
    Europa Universalis IV Scottish Let's Play/AAR
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...0#post15996540

  6. #86
    Benevolent Imperialist flame7926's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Boulder, Colorado
    Posts
    2,218
    We are about to begin starting work again on the mod. Anyone interested, please PM me or jaxx2009. I have made a tool that makes doing pop files a lot easier, and there are a few on the forums, so that POPs will be really quick. So we will need people to do events and decisions, graphics, and technology, that kind of stuff

  7. #87
    Recruit samgnzlz's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    9
    Is this mod still alive? If so, could the entrances of the Ottoman Empire and Bulgaria also be put if not there already.

  8. #88
    Recruit samgnzlz's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    9
    Also, if this mod is still being worked on and alive, I could do some modding on a few Balkan nations (like Romania and Bulgaria, or Montenegro and Albania).

  9. #89
    As I know this mod is not alive but it has descendant: SiR mod. I make it easy as possible so i dont going to change Balkan nations.
    Edit: there is another one mod about WWI
    Last edited by Nashetovich; 28-06-2012 at 17:38.

  10. #90
    Captain jaxx2009's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Southeast Texas,United States
    Posts
    420
    Now that I realize I have nothing better to do, I will probably once again begin working on this mod!
    Europa Universalis IV Scottish Let's Play/AAR
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...0#post15996540

  11. #91
    Captain jaxx2009's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Southeast Texas,United States
    Posts
    420
    First new version since the AHD is available for testing, please contact me if you would like to help out in the development of this mod!
    http://filesmelt.com/dl/World_War_1_Mod.zip
    Europa Universalis IV Scottish Let's Play/AAR
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...0#post15996540

  12. #92
    Colonel Xenophon13's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMajesty II CollectionSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    879
    When I load up this mod, I can get to the country selection screen, but I can't select a country.

  13. #93
    Captain jaxx2009's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Southeast Texas,United States
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenophon13 View Post
    When I load up this mod, I can get to the country selection screen, but I can't select a country.
    There was a problem in the bookmarks file, it should work now. Will update the post after I get home.
    Europa Universalis IV Scottish Let's Play/AAR
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...0#post15996540

  14. #94
    Captain jaxx2009's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Southeast Texas,United States
    Posts
    420
    Newest version now available.
    Alpha 0.2
    http://filesmelt.com/dl/World_War_1_Mod1.zip
    Europa Universalis IV Scottish Let's Play/AAR
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...0#post15996540

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxx2009 View Post
    Now that I realize I have nothing better to do, I will probably once again begin working on this mod!
    Great! But how do you cooperate with Yazem? Will it be a single mod? Or you just help each over.

  16. #96
    Colonel Xenophon13's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMajesty II CollectionSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    879
    I'm downloading now.

    A couple questions: Will the tech tree be extended to allow gameplay past 1836? (If it is, I have a few ideas for simulating blitzkrieg style warfare, if anyone is interested.) Also, are Yazem's new pops being used? I know he increased them for some GP's. Finally, are there any plans to change some unit types? For a mod focused on WWI, four types of cavalry seems really, really redundant. If the timeline is extended, perhaps we could add mechanized infantry, and maybe mobile artillery?

    I'll have feedback soon.

    Edit: One thing, before I forget, the ACW.txt is missing a close bracket for the removal of the warring parties.
    Last edited by Xenophon13; 07-07-2012 at 19:04.

  17. #97
    Captain jaxx2009's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Southeast Texas,United States
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenophon13 View Post
    I'm downloading now.

    A couple questions: Will the tech tree be extended to allow gameplay past 1836? (If it is, I have a few ideas for simulating blitzkrieg style warfare, if anyone is interested.) Also, are Yazem's new pops being used? I know he increased them for some GP's. Finally, are there any plans to change some unit types? For a mod focused on WWI, four types of cavalry seems really, really redundant. If the timeline is extended, perhaps we could add mechanized infantry, and maybe mobile artillery?

    I'll have feedback soon.

    Edit: One thing, before I forget, the ACW.txt is missing a close bracket for the removal of the warring parties.
    In my test playthroughs I haven't had a problem with the ACW, make sure you select the 1914 scenario from the start. For now we are not worried about extending it past 1936 until we get the 1914 scenario down.
    Europa Universalis IV Scottish Let's Play/AAR
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...0#post15996540

  18. #98
    Captain jaxx2009's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Southeast Texas,United States
    Posts
    420
    Newest Version is now available for Testing.
    Version 0.3 - Alpha
    http://filesmelt.com/dl/World_War_1_Mod2.zip
    Europa Universalis IV Scottish Let's Play/AAR
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...0#post15996540

  19. #99
    Hi, I tried out your WWI Mod and The Great War mod as well, and I had one question. I know they are different mods made by different groups, but in both mods I started either at the beginning of 1914 or just before the war and had fleets made up of wooden sailing ships. Now this doesn't make much sense to me as if I start say a campaign of A House Divided in 1861 I have ironclades already developed. I also noticed in both mods I needed to research steam turbine technology, which it would be logical to assume should already be researched by 1914. Now I'm not trying to be critical of your work, as I certainly am new to this game system, but you did ask for feed back, and I just wanted to know if this could be fixed or could I change something myself (doubtfull) to fix it for my own use. Also I think it would make sense to have the fleets, already built or in reserve, to be made up of modern warships such as dreadnoughts and armored cruisers at least, to begin with, as you can imagine my surprise when I take what the game says is a German battlecruiser to sea and I have a sailing frigate show up on the map. If I start building these ships at the beginning of the war, I won't even have a modern armored cruiser until late 1914 or in many cases mid 1915, much longer build times for a dreadnought. Now I assume (since I've never actually seen one in game) that Vic II has the sprites for these ships (I always use sprites, not counters) as the game is advertised as going up to 1935. Anyway thanks for any response.

    Regards:
    CaptainTorry

  20. #100
    Captain jaxx2009's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Southeast Texas,United States
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainTorry View Post
    Hi, I tried out your WWI Mod and The Great War mod as well, and I had one question. I know they are different mods made by different groups, but in both mods I started either at the beginning of 1914 or just before the war and had fleets made up of wooden sailing ships. Now this doesn't make much sense to me as if I start say a campaign of A House Divided in 1861 I have ironclades already developed. I also noticed in both mods I needed to research steam turbine technology, which it would be logical to assume should already be researched by 1914. Now I'm not trying to be critical of your work, as I certainly am new to this game system, but you did ask for feed back, and I just wanted to know if this could be fixed or could I change something myself (doubtfull) to fix it for my own use. Also I think it would make sense to have the fleets, already built or in reserve, to be made up of modern warships such as dreadnoughts and armored cruisers at least, to begin with, as you can imagine my surprise when I take what the game says is a German battlecruiser to sea and I have a sailing frigate show up on the map. If I start building these ships at the beginning of the war, I won't even have a modern armored cruiser until late 1914 or in many cases mid 1915, much longer build times for a dreadnought. Now I assume (since I've never actually seen one in game) that Vic II has the sprites for these ships (I always use sprites, not counters) as the game is advertised as going up to 1935. Anyway thanks for any response.

    Regards:
    CaptainTorry
    Yes, actually the WW1 Mod and The Great War mod have been combined and is now this. Now for the fleet issue, I have not yet worked on nations fleets and have been focusing on the Army/Land forces of the Major/Minor Powers of the War. After I have finished this I will begin work on the Fleets and Navy Techs. Thank you for reporting this!
    Europa Universalis IV Scottish Let's Play/AAR
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...0#post15996540

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts