+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [Mod] World War One/WW1 Mod

Victoria 2

I think that the Dominions should have different colors; Canada, New Zealand and Australia look too close.
    EDIT: Another thing: I believe that Schleswig-Holstein was entirely German at the time.
    EDIT 2: Can you please post a picture of South America?
    Last edited by Teak II; 04-07-2011 at 22:58.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxx2009 View Post
    Can you give me an image to use for the new flag?
    This one:

It might be RUS Republic, I'm not sure.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

You need to seriously work on the map, there's loads of errors. For instance here's a correct colonial map of Africa that I made a while ago with a blank VIC2 map (I think the colours are from PDM which is what I was working on at the time, but you get the picture).

Pre-war Africa (link to full sized image)

Post-war Africa (link to full sized image)

(Note that this map includes the annexation of Ethiopia by Italy, which of course didn't happen until 1936).

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

I see nothing wrong in Africa, I tried my best with that one section of German Africa, please keep in mind that everything except mainland Germany was done while I was on vacation, which I am actually still on until tonight. I will be back home tomorrow afternoon and will be able to devote more time to the map and the mod overall. Also if you could point out exactly what is wrong that would help a lot more than just showing a map, thanks!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Oh and where is the source you used to make those maps, our sources could use different maps. From that time

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

(Link)

This is the Correct Setup of the World in early 1914.
    Creator of World in Revolution
    <Haresus> [#WiR_Main] proves why monarchies and dictatorships are not completely rubbish.
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week Feb 05, 2012 | 3rd Place Winner of the AARland Choice AwAARds 2012 (Round 2) for Empire of the Pacific | Awarded Fan of the Week September 16th, 2012 | Awarded 2012 VictAARian Cross for Empire of the Pacific

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

I see nothing wrong in Africa, I tried my best with that one section of German Africa, please keep in mind that everything except mainland Germany was done while I was on vacation, which I am actually still on until tonight. I will be back home tomorrow afternoon and will be able to devote more time to the map and the mod overall. Also if you could point out exactly what is wrong that would help a lot more than just showing a map, thanks!
    Well I haven't actually downloaded your mod, so I'm only going on the pictures you posted. In this picture http://imageshack.us/f/148/v2game2011070200454526.png/, Portuguese Mozambique is wrong, you've given them one too many provinces.

German Kamerun doesn't seem to be correct and obviously France ruled Madagascar and the Comoros. Also, South Africa should be a Dominion of the UK (gained independence in 1910) and Swaziland and Lesotho should be British colonies.

Oh and where is the source you used to make those maps, our sources could use different maps. From that time
    That map was mostly compiled from maps on Wikipedia, and books, etc.

Check here and here, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Frymonmon View Post
    Figured I'd help. I will update this from time to time until I encompass the entire Deutsches Heer.

Guide:
    (Army Name - Country)
    (Location of Garrison)
    (# Infantry)
    (# Cavalry)
    (# Artillery)
    (# Special)

I. Königlich Bayerische Armee-Korps - Deutsches Reich
    Munich
    8 Infantry Regiments
    4 Heavy Cavalry Regiments
    4 Artillery Regiments

2. Königlich Bayerische Armee-Korps - Deutsches Reich
    Augsburg
    6 Infantry Regiments
    3 Heavy Cavalry Regiments
    3 Artillery Regiments

Gardekorps - Deutsches Reich
    Berlin(?)
    4 Infantry Regiments
    2 Cavalry Regiments
    1 Artillery Regiments
    1 Engineer Regiment
    1 Aeroplane Regiment

I. Armeekorps - Deutches Reich
    Königsberg
    15 Infantry Regiments
    5 Cavalry Regiments
    6 Artillery Regiments
    3 Engineer Regiments
    2 Areoplane Regiments
    1 Barrel Regiment

II. Armeekorps - Deutches Reich
    Stettin
    15 Infantry Regiments
    5 Cavalry Regiments
    6 Artillery Regiments
    3 Engineer Regiments
    2 Areoplane Regiments
    1 Barrel Regiment
    I think the "Gardekorps" should be made out of guard not infantry...

Benevolent Imperialist flame7926's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by snagon View Post
    I think the "Gardekorps" should be made out of guard not infantry...
    I think he is just using infantry as a general term for any foot soldier
    Come see my AAR: Scandinavia: 1890-1936 w/ Great Wars : Dead
    Try my user tweak for PDM mod Victoria 2. Winter, gaining cores, and more.
    Victoria 2 Pop Utility, works with any version
    White Man's Burden mod for Victoria 2. Greatly improves exploration and colonization, as well as rebellions and international affairs: Coming Soon
    Contact me by PM or at flame7926@gmail.com if you are interested in helping

Uploading updated Screenshots right now.

Victoria 2

I'm not sure if they're in there, but make sure that South Africa is a dominion and that Chile has the land that it gained from the War of the Pacific.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

Quote Originally Posted by flame7926 View Post
    I think he is just using infantry as a general term for any foot soldier
    Correct. I am only going by Foot Soldiers, Cavalry, Artillery, Barrels, and Areoplanes

EDIT: I would like to be credited for my research done for this Project. Thank you.
    Last edited by Frymonmon; 06-07-2011 at 21:40.
    Creator of World in Revolution
    <Haresus> [#WiR_Main] proves why monarchies and dictatorships are not completely rubbish.
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week Feb 05, 2012 | 3rd Place Winner of the AARland Choice AwAARds 2012 (Round 2) for Empire of the Pacific | Awarded Fan of the Week September 16th, 2012 | Awarded 2012 VictAARian Cross for Empire of the Pacific

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

the few events i made were just giving telling about the world, like why there is going to be a war, and what brought it up, whats happening in the balkans, that type of thing, just for flavor.
    White Man's Burden mod for Victoria 2. Greatly improves exploration and colonization, as well as rebellions and international affairs: Coming Soon

Can you give me more information likelike when those events fire and if they are for all nations? Thanks

500k club

Last edited by flame7926; 11-07-2011 at 21:01.

Quote Originally Posted by flame7926 View Post
    This is really good, and in the long run this mod is really innovative. Keep up the good work, I really am impressed.
    Last edited by Aurelian603; 10-07-2011 at 20:09. Reason: grammatical errors

would it not be better suited to hoi3 as days go by in a flash on vicky and the time setting would be over rather quickly

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dasVerruckteJoe View Post
    would it not be better suited to hoi3 as days go by in a flash on vicky and the time setting would be over rather quickly
    Would make sense, except WW1 is in the Vicky timeframe.

500k club

Quote Originally Posted by dasVerruckteJoe View Post
    What do you mean time setting would be over rather quickly? You can slow time down a lot and I do when I have lots of armies to control.

''waiting patiently for a unit to build on x3' oh boy

*1920 is here*

wtf ww1 is still on

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast