+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 89 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 50 75 ... LastLast

Thread: (MOD) Phoenix III

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event
    Europa Universalis IV

Well ,it seems to work now after another fresh install. I suppose I had done something wrong on the way... The only bug I found now is that Navarra (along with its religion and basque culture) is a neighbor to Goth territory in my 11AD Goth game. Quite weird.

Europa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    The new mod version is now available. The issue with crash due decision description is fixed.

The new version 0.924 of The Steppe Wolf from 13 Octoberr 2011 - now with corrected positions for ports!
    The Steppe Wolf:
    You can see Phoenix mods thanks to Google.

Blog Entries
    For sure you didn't install the mod in the correct way. The problem with the map means you have messed the vanilla map.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CivandEUIII View Post
    Somehow I can't open the newest version, but still, the old one works for me.
    ANYWAY... have you deleted the otto province at start yet?
    What does mean Otto?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ton de Vid View Post
    Can someone tell me if I for example start in the year 11, will the game eventually develop to a more modern day background (Like nations popping up, cultures upgrading, new religions showing up) or will it stay the same?
    There is a big chance many of the countries will appear.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred View Post

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Can someone tell me why I get this?
    Thank you.
    You have messed either your vanilla map or changed the mov file.

Modern Psycho-General CivandEUIII's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Quin View Post
    What does mean Otto?
    Ottomans also known under the tag of TUR
    Basically if you start in 11 there's a province in Sudan belonging to them, a muslim country.

Also hugely relieved this did not end with the report "The Three Mountains achievement broken. Steps to reproduce: ..." - Rufo
    "I pity the fool who has to fill out 272 years of Indian history." - Cuthuthulu
    "
    (Wouldnt Hitler look much friendlier with curls and that silly mustache shaved off?)" - podcat

Main errors i noticed till now:

A)

B)
    Cavalry is way too imba in the 1st century, i find myself with 20k cav stacks and never building infantry. The one time i did build infantry, I lose 50k men in one battle while my enemy lost some 3k.

C)Many colonizable provinces in the world don't get resources upon colonization as their region is nowhere defined in the file where you have the resource spawn rate and localization.

D)Game crashes if you hower your mouse over some decisions

E)There are many historical errors (I'm sure those are there because of the sheer scale and number of the scenarios, like the Bavarian culture in Slovenia in the "11" scenario), if the makers want me to list them then i will gladly do it.

F)The conditions to change the country religion should be a bit more tougher (Like I actually must have the religion within my country, so i cant change to Buddhism while my country is located in Germania).

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Ton de Vid View Post
    Cavalry is way too imba in the 1st century, i find myself with 20k cav stacks and never building infantry. The one time i did build infantry, I lose 50k men in one battle while my enemy lost some 3k.

The conditions to change the country religion should be a bit more tougher (Like I actually must have the religion within my country, so i cant change to Buddhism while my country is located in Germania).
    The cavalry thing happens because infantry shock modifiers suck hard. However, Quin did fix that in new versions (by way of magic I presume) so infantry is actually useful even with the tiny modifier.
    The country religion thing is probably imported from RN with a few added religions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Quin View Post
    You have messed either your vanilla map or changed the mov file.
    i have the same problem, you know how can i fix that?

Sergeant
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

well if you have steam, you can verify the files, and if they have been altered, it will redownload the correct version.

have tradegoods, and the straits been corrected?

Cities in MotionEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Brilliant mod in my opinion. Wanted to play for a while Byzantines around the time of Justinian I. Not got the latest version since i started my game before that, however, noticed a few things in the version i'm currently playing. (not quite sure which it is, most likely last or one before last. Havent upgraded since im still enjoying my roman game).
    1) Bulgarian Invasion makes sense in a way, and fired once per province (unlike someone mentioning earlier that it arrogantly fired all the time) for me. Although the fact that no barbarian nation was anywhere near me, especially bulgarian, was a bit odd. No one can completely close their borders, so barbarians migrating across to settle in new territory could happen. And sine it seemed to only take prestige away if i refused to release bulgaria. On the other hand, it changed the religion in the province (though not, as it said it would, the culture) which could be annoying. My opinion, add in a third option: genocide. nothing changes but you take a load of infamy.
    2) Westward migration fired at me for the magyars. I was playing Rome, not the Magyars, but it handed me the options of what to do. Sort of cheating when you can force them to lose money.
    3) Some event fired in Iberia (spain for you none romans) in the early 700s. Not sure what it was exactly because it was a missing localization, which might explain why it fired at me. Gave me the option to free Leon or take a stability hit. Now, this would make sense if i was a islamic nation intent on oppressing the christians, but not for an Orthodox nation in a world where islam has never come to pass. Could be that the province wasnt Orthodox (Was still converting Iberia then), which raises the question of why it became Orthodox when I looked at the province after i had taken the stability hit. On the other hand, if it converted just after, why did the culture not change as well, which seems to happen. And if it had already converted, why did this event fire at a nation of the culture and religion in the province? Also, only the province of Oviedo fired this event at me, and no other. To me, this seems to be a bug.
    Of course, some of these might have been fixed in a newer version, but since this seems to be an era most do not seem to play through, the problems might not have been picked up on.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event
    Europa Universalis IV

The last version of the mod is pretty stable and deeply enjoyable. Good job, guys!
    I do have a question though : In my Brandenbourg game, where I am the Emperor, I cannot annex Hamburg or Luneburg although I am sure they are OPMS. When I mouse hover the annex button it says the province is worth more than the warscore (which is 100%). Does anyone have the same problem?

This never happened to me in Vanilla and I have been playing EU3 since its release...
    Last edited by Shred; 18-10-2011 at 19:54.

Corporal Cannonfodder Killerflood's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I have noticed a few bugs / oddities and I thought I might ask about them.

1. Shogunate feature is broken throughout game.

-I- from start of game (1/1/11) till first unification (1/1/1350), the Shogunate only consists of Yamato, Ryuku, and Emishi and there is no "emperor" (Japan) in Kyoto to allow "normal" unification.

-II- from beginning of first Japan to ending of it (1/1/1350-1/1/1478) the shogunate still exists even though Japan exists.

-III- same thing goes for unified Japan

-IV- civil war period (1/1/1478-15/10/1600) has shogunate but it's the exact same one as the first one. (Ryuku, Yamato, Emishi). It has no emperor in Kyoto (Japan)

Extra Note(s): I would like to mention the fact that the northern isle (Hokkaido) only appears to have been controlled by the Japanese from around 1336 and only then did they control the southern peninsula. Up until then it was mainly populated by local Ainu natives.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hokkaido

The more I read up on Japan, the more I think that the Shogunate should not exist up until the civil war period. The Emishi weren't apart of Japanese culture and thus weren't apart of Yamato Japan. Meanwhile, Ryuku appears to only have been unified, and thus created, in 1429. It was invaded in 1609 by Japan.

http://oki-park.jp/shurijo_park/syuri_e/c/c100000.html

Conclusion(Concl.): If you want this feature to be fully functional, then I would turn it off up until the Japanese civil war. Kyoto would have to be under control of Japan and it should be designated emperor during this time period. Also it would be necessary to have a Japanese clan, whenever it is annexed during the civil war in the history files, removed from the Shogunate history files.

2. Is it WAD that the HRE exists before the Golden Bull of 1356?

-I- At the beginning of the game (1/1/11) the provinces of Lucern(606), Besancon(432), Lons(433), Lyon(451), and Nice(472) are part of the HRE. Also, since the province of Rome is not in the empire (nor should it be) and the HRE apparently exists, the Rebel entity is the emperor. (I figured this because any uncolonized land is shaded with the green of the Emperor in the imperial mapmode.)

-II- At the dissolving of the Roman Empire into its two parts (2/7/395), [Western] Rome is an elector but it is not part of the empire. (I think the provinces I mentioned are still Imperial ones but I'm not sure) Since they are an elector, I can view the HRE screen but no countries are members and the Rebels are indeed Emperor.

-II- During the post-roman world bookmark (2/1/718), Byzantium is the Emperor and an elector but are not a member and control no Imperial provinces. The only imperial provinces are the ones mentioned before plus the additions of Rotterdam(376), Utrecht(377), Middelburg(378), Amsterdam(375), Breda(380), Nancy(411), Epinal(414), Colmar(410) and Strasbourg(409).

-III- Now after the split of the Carolingian Empire (2/7/843); East Francia; all of the Benelux region except for Bruges(388), Ghent(389), Tournai(393), Charleroi(394); and Greater Moravia are a part of the HRE AND have imperial provinces. France meanwhile is currently emperor but does NOT have any imperial provinces. Burgundy owns 5 provinces to my knowledge but is not a member. (Bern(605), Sitten(609), Charleville(405), Cambrai(404), Laon(403) )

-IV- During the mongol invasion (2/6/1236), France is still the emperor and for some reason the Pyrenees mountain provinces of Pau(460), Foix(457), Lerida(500), Tarragona(501), and Barcelona(498) are imperial provinces as well as a few Polish, Teutonic Order, and Baltic provinces. I don't think Italy should be included either.

-V- At 2/5/1356, (Golden Bull) France is still the Emperor and does not have any imperial provinces. (I thought you were biased towards Bulgaria not France. ).

Notes: The golden bull states that Bohemia and Brandenburg were electors instead of Bavaria and Thuringia. Bohemia was also Emperor at the time. For a list of Emperors I would go to Wikipedia unless you have something against it. (My teachers hate it. )
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Roman_Emperor

Concl: I don't think the HRE should exist until the Golden Bull of 1356 since that is when the structure of the HRE becomes like that of the gameplay's design for the HRE. Also, the HRE would be more along the lines of the one in the MEIOU mod: no baltic provinces except for maybe Riga (that gets me curious) and HRE extends south up to the Papal State.

If you want the HRE to exist before, I would suggest creating it right after the split of the Carolingian Empire and have it consist of at least East Francia, France and ?Burgundy?. But there is also the option of the first "official" emperor, Otto I.

The history files may need a large clean up and I offer my services for that if you wish.
    My own quotes:
    "Everything is possible with time and imagination, time just hasn't caught up with our imagination."
    "A stagnant brain is a very bad thing. Try keeping your head open to allow fresh air in but not open enough for your brain to fall out."

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."
    -Altair

Corporal Cannonfodder Killerflood's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Shred View Post
    The last version of the mod is pretty stable and deeply enjoyable. Good job, guys!
    I do have a question though : In my Brandenbourg game, where I am the Emperor, I cannot annex Hamburg or Luneburg although I am sure they are OPMS. When I mouse hover the annex button it says the province is worth more than the warscore (which is 100%). Does anyone have the same problem?

This never happened to me in Vanilla and I have been playing EU3 since its release...
    Do they own Cot's and if so how lucrative are they? The only thing I can think of is base tax. If all else fails, vassalize them.
    My own quotes:
    "Everything is possible with time and imagination, time just hasn't caught up with our imagination."
    "A stagnant brain is a very bad thing. Try keeping your head open to allow fresh air in but not open enough for your brain to fall out."

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."
    -Altair

Dr_Quin, I hope you don't mind but I have fixed the province of Laredo belonging to Mexico when it doesn't in real life. I also added dozens of new names for USA for both surnames and first names to give elections when playing as them some flavor, here you go if you want it http://www.mediafire.com/?av178svmst8jj7s .
    Also thank you for taking the time to make such a awesome mod, I'm having lots of fun with the newest version.
    Last edited by ChippoTheHippo; 21-10-2011 at 09:21.

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    SengokuVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Minor nitpick: the black/white yin-yang symbol has nothing to do with confucianism and is 100% taoist. In the base game where there's only confucianism, I can sort of understand why they use it since it represents more the amalgam of "religions" that constitute the common chinese belief system, but if you're going to separate them, best to get the icons right.

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    SengokuVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Some things I found in my first game:

- Belgae have a weird starting situation. They have a fleet but no knowledge of the water right outside. Plus, of all the nations on Britain, they should gain knowledge of some of the mainland, since that's where they came from not that long ago.

- Also, no knowledge of the place they trade in. Means a whole bunch of worthless merchants. I do think this gives an unfair advantage to anyone that can see a Center of Trade.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2

Laredo should belong to the US and Caribou should as well. also the leader of the US should be called President.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegose View Post
    well if you have steam, you can verify the files, and if they have been altered, it will redownload the correct version.

have tradegoods, and the straits been corrected?
    I don't have any knowledge about the steam as I don't use it. As for the tradegoods - they are corrected, but for me after I used this event my savegame is much more slower then before. Which strait do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatpl View Post
    Brilliant mod in my opinion. Wanted to play for a while
    1) In fact in 680 if everything was fired correctly you should see big green country called Old Great Bulgaria. However Khazars migrates and destroyed it which makes Bulgarians go in your Danube provinces. It is the same with Magyars events. If you refuse to let Bulgarians has their own state this doesn't stop the hordes in going into your territory - not only your province religion, but the culture also is changed in those provinces.
    2) The migration of Magyars, now should be corrected.
    3) The Iberian events are fixed - I forgot to add Asturian, Galician, Castilian, Portuguese events. Thanks for the remark. As for the religion conversation - I don't think you need any provinces with this religion. There are many examples in history, where countries and even empires are change their religion because of political decision.

Thanks for your feedback it was very useful for me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 89 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 50 75 ... LastLast