+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 89 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 27 52 77 ... LastLast

Thread: (MOD) Phoenix III

Try to remove flag.dds file, fixes it in vanilla alteast.

Europa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Yes, however i tried to modify them but without success. I was very anoyed from the lack of seize option availability.
    You can see Phoenix mods thanks to Google.

Another bug found, don't know if it's reported allready.

When assaulting fortress neither the attacking or fedenfing forces will lose and troops, intended or not?

Also, anyone know a tactic to beat the almighty roman empire in the early start dates? Trying to unify northern europe as the franks but romans are trashing my empire whenever they can. Or should I just w8 till the AI does it's thing and run the empire to ashes?

Blog Entries
    In the beginning assaulting is a bit harder as the technology is in the beginning. However since the "one year old version" we added a little more morale in the starting technology. It will be still not easy but should be easier.

As for the strategy - I really don't know. I would rather try expand north pass Denmark, so that I can block Roman legions by sea if needed. However Romans has all bonuses on their sides, Franks are designed for another era - maybe 7 century.

Ah then I see
    One minor question though. The germanic nations existing at 0-800bc, will they be able to form germany and such nations? Or are those unifications restricted to vanilla EU 3 nations?

Started playing this again and It's fun to play as the Roman Empire. But the amount of troops and ships it have is far too low to defend such a large empire.

I am taking over Ireland by colonists though, is that suppose to happen?
    Darkest Hour Helpful Links:
    How to modify the Darkest Hour Technology Tree:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-the-tech-tree.
    A collection of Blank Graphic files for Darkest Hour.
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?645555-Resource-Blank-Gfx-files

EU4 Mod Links:
    Cheat Mod:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...2#post17580322

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiokrona View Post
    Ah then I see
    One minor question though. The germanic nations existing at 0-800bc, will they be able to form germany and such nations? Or are those unifications restricted to vanilla EU 3 nations?
    Something that I forgot - unification decision for Germany. I will add as soon as possible, thank you

Blog Entries
    Yes Romans made colonies as well, and on the other hand if some one is smart enough (and more important rich enough) to colonize, why not

About the armies, the things gets even worse when Huns came in Europe...

that sounds very ominuis... Craked down on some Rebels and making my Legions is nice. I know that it's possible to change Cities names and stuff but Do you think it's wortht he effort to change the names to it's roman names? I am trying to do 3 things:

Get an army large enough to protect my borders
    Take over Brittania entirely
    Live as long as I can My main goal is to live up to 1399.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?645555-Resource-Blank-Gfx-files

EU4 Mod Links:
    Cheat Mod:

Surviving as the roman empire shouldn't be to hard after the initial years as even the smaller nations can w/o fo much problem field up to 30-40k armies. You should easily be able to field a few 100ks armies stationed around the empire
    Encountered a new problem. CTDs after about 50-75 years of gameplay. No matter what country or time era it will crash after that time period. :/

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Looks nice.

Question please - you have included many things from other mods and given them credit which is nice. Did you ask them for permission before including in your mod? Most people are glad to give permission but they like to be asked first.

I only ask because a different mod by someone else did not ask for permission and was shut down fairly recently.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Iron CrossLegioMarch of the EaglesRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Looks very nice, i will try it out.
    I've been looking foward to save the roman empire for some time.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More Edition

Very glitchy, random CTD when I tried to send a missionary to a province, spelling errors abound. Otherwise, looks extremely cool. Once you guys get this mod stable it will be pretty awesome. I also recommend releasing a map only version for the standard EU3 timeline(1399-1821). That would be fun.

EDIT: Now I can't even load the game. It crashes almost immediately while trying to load. Oh well.
    Last edited by ciadude2; 03-07-2011 at 05:52. Reason: Additional info
    Composer of the MEIOU and Taxes Official Soundtrack:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ial-Soundtrack

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 17blue17 View Post
    Looks nice.

Question please - you have included many things from other mods and given them credit which is nice. Did you ask them for permission before including in your mod? Most people are glad to give permission but they like to be asked first.

I only ask because a different mod by someone else did not ask for permission and was shut down fairly recently.
    We are new to the mod section so we did ask post factum for the permission, still waiting for answer. So if the answer is negative there will be plenty of work. I hope with time I will get used to Modding community manners.
    Last edited by Dr_Quin; 03-07-2011 at 12:36.

Blog Entries
    Then would you mind If I ask you when you get CTD to write me the country, time and/or anything else which you see? The game is not actually tested....the mod is developed for maybe half year (16 december), going by different versions of DW. So I started one game with the first version, but it was compatible only to the version of Beta from 7th may. So in fact one country is tested for the period of 400 years. Not much in fact.

As for the map - we started the mod because of the time line. It may sounds nationalistic, but there is only one strategic game which include our country (Bulgaria). I was Medieval Total War player. Ok I like the powerful Byzantine Empire or the aggressive Ottomans, but wanted to try something new..Bulgaria, Cumans (Kipchaks), Kievan Rus, Pechenegs, Uzis. So to make the long story short if there is real interest for making vanilla timeline, maybe we could try it, but otherwise I've played this period just once

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiokrona View Post
    Surviving as the roman empire shouldn't be to hard after the initial years as even the smaller nations can w/o fo much problem field up to 30-40k armies. You should easily be able to field a few 100ks armies stationed around the empire
    Encountered a new problem. CTDs after about 50-75 years of gameplay. No matter what country or time era it will crash after that time period. :/
    I will tested this, never experienced it before.

As for the Romans....it won't be easy. Ok you will seize hole Europe, maybe vast parts of Africa. Didn't you forget something? Oh yes....Chinese, they are at least 20 levels ahead in the beginning of the game and most often seizing hole Asia. In my personal save I'm investing in technology for almoast 340 years, and I'm still 12 levels behind them. I have larger armies, more provinces, but didn't won a single war against them.

Blog Entries
    By the way what is the difference between glitches and bugs?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Quin View Post
    By the way what is the difference between glitches and bugs?
    The are mostly the same thing. A glitch is something that could be triggered by the player, while a bug is something that isn't triggered by the player.

I can't seem to see the Flag at my Top Left screen. That means that I can't access my Advisors screen or anything.

EU4 Mod Links:
    Cheat Mod:

Blog Entries
    This should be installation issue - reinstall the interface files from the mod, and flag files. Did you renamed the mod folder?

I am having the same issue here.
    I copied the flag and interface-files into the correct directories once more.
    Still there is no coat of arms at the top left or in the screen where i pick countries while the flags on the map
    are clearly visible. I also noticed, that the custom icons for the merchants, priests,
    infamy and legitimacy do not work properly. Furthermore the correct name of the province
    '' Königsburg'' should be '' Königsberg'' . Other than that i liek this mod very much so far (:

Edit: Opening the Country tab with F1 is possible by the way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 89 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 27 52 77 ... LastLast