• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So I will be moving back to the States from China at the end of March, and so unable to host a game for a few weeks around then. As I see it, the current game will end mid-February or so, and we'll all probably want a little break.

If waiting till mid-April to start is too long, I'll gladly relinquish hosting duties to another.

So, if some of you are getting a little antsy waiting for a new Diplomacy game here, I do have an offer. On the Giant in the Playground forums (GiantITP), which you should be able to find with a quick search for "The Lyapunov Affair" if you're interested (no linking allowed), they're running a Diplomacy game with the Chaos variant, which basically boils down to each SC being an independent country with its own player, and your home SCs being the first three that you build in. At present, Fall 1903, the map exists as below, but with turn deadline today, that's likely to change.

chaosf1903m.png

Now then, to the point - they've been having problems with players going absent, with NMRs being received. Also, I (playing Venice) am interested in dropping since I'm going to be helping GM a different game, but I want to find a player to replace me before I do something like that. I do not know if anyone here would be willing to join in for the game over there, especially when you'll be dropping into a preexisting situation, but if you happen to be interested, feel free to send a PM or e-mail to thewamp on the forums there.

I'm neither GMing nor able to play the next game. Got to sort out some stuff. Keep those long knives sharpened.

I'm neither GMing nor able to play the next game. Got to sort out some stuff. Keep those long knives sharpened.

And the forum wept.

Then I'll yield to either of you. I just offered to GM in case nobody else really wanted to.
I can highly recommend using Realpolitik for checking the order resolution. You can load the orders from the pm texts, instantly see on the map if every unit has an order and let the program resolve any difficult situations with dislodged units, cut support orders, etc. It's fast and makes it less likely that you completely miss something.

Also, you can use this map template I made for easy and fast editing of the map, if you want to:
View attachment Diplomacy-map.zip

Then I'll yield to either of you. I just offered to GM in case nobody else really wanted to.
I can highly recommend using Realpolitik for checking the order resolution. You can load the orders from the pm texts, instantly see on the map if every unit has an order and let the program resolve any difficult situations with dislodged units, cut support orders, etc. It's fast and makes it less likely that you completely miss something.

Also, you can use this map template I made for easy and fast editing of the map, if you want to:
View attachment 46501

I am not sure whether your template differs from the one Joeb and I used or not, but because it is a GIMP file (and the one in the post 1 is a Photoshop one), I will include it in the first post as well if you allow me to do so.

I would also like to recommend the Realpolitik order-manager in the thread OP, but AFAIK it is against the forum rules.

I am not sure whether your template differs from the one Joeb and I used or not, but because it is a GIMP file (and the one in the post 1 is a Photoshop one), I will include it in the first post as well if you allow me to do so.
The main difference is that there are masks for every province, so if you select the mask for Naples, you'll automatically select Sicily as well.
Of course you can link it in the first post.
I would also like to recommend the Realpolitik order-manager in the thread OP, but AFAIK it is against the forum rules.
Why's that? It's a non-commercial open-source tool and no forum?

The main difference is that there are masks for every province, so if you select the mask for Naples, you'll automatically select Sicily as well.
Of course you can link it in the first post.

Why's that? It's a non-commercial open-source tool and no forum?

Thanks.

This is the rule:
{No External Links} You will not post a link to an external website or forum without prior approval of an Administrator. (Sites with no user interaction (that only host media are okay, as long as that media meets and obeys all other rules) You will not link to images on other websites unless you have authorization to do so (or the site is designed for that purpose). This kind of "hot linking" is stealing the bandwidth of the server you link from, and is not appreciated. You will not post material (including text, images, graphics or other artwork) unless the copyright is owned by you, and/or Paradox, and/or the material is not in violation of any NDA (non-disclosure agreement) that you may have signed, and/or you have the expressed permission of the copyright holder to do so, and/or you fully attribute the holder of the copyrighted material.

Are you sure you did not violate it? If yes, I will post the link in the OP.

I hate that rule passionately. I believe it's really just a catch-all to prevent advertising, but many of us break it unintentionally and possibly face punishment.

I am able to start any day so IMHO the beginning of the next week could be suitable.

I for one would like to begin as soon as possible.

Also, as GM of the previous game, I believe I am allowed to choose my nation first, no? If so, I choose Russia again. The violet text shall strike again, without mercy or noobishness!

View attachment 46501

What program do you use to edit that map?

All I have is paint, that I am aware of. (Damned new computer...)