• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(313479)

Captain
1 Badges
May 9, 2011
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
I'm not exactly sure if this is a bug, so I'm not sure where to place this thread...

So, playing Japan, I turned my ruler into a general. And he appears on the millitary tab. However, when I click on an army to select the general, he doesn't appear there. And the weird part is, he isn't assigned to any army. If I click on any other general or admiral on the military tab it will automatically select the army it is leading but when I click on my general-ruler, nothing happens...

That bug should have been fixed, but yes that is most likely the issue. Lesser partners in a PU can steal your general-king. It was fixed in one of the HTTT patches, but it might be a problem again.

Yes, it is. It won't show your king as the general when loaded as Korea. In other words, you can only watch your king being used by Korean when your are playing yourself (japan).

Rule no.1 of personal union: never ever make your king a general.

Yes, it is. It won't show your king as the general when loaded as Korea. In other words, you can only watch your king being used by Korean when your are playing yourself (japan).

Rule no.1 of personal union: never ever make your king a general.

except when your king is killed in peacetime by fighting rebels you have a chance to inherit

Do you have a savegame you can compress and upload to a file-hosting site?

Was this done with some mod? There appears to be an IBE tag that doesn't exist in the vanilla game (which means the savegame won't work properly without the mod installed).

that'd be Iberia, wouldn't it?
Most likely but it doesn't exist in the vanilla game so we'd need to know what mod he was running to be able to look at the savegame.