+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I can't assign my general-ruler to an army.

I can't assign my general-ruler to an army.

I'm not exactly sure if this is a bug, so I'm not sure where to place this thread...

So, playing Japan, I turned my ruler into a general. And he appears on the millitary tab. However, when I click on an army to select the general, he doesn't appear there. And the weird part is, he isn't assigned to any army. If I click on any other general or admiral on the military tab it will automatically select the army it is leading but when I click on my general-ruler, nothing happens...

Lt. General
    EU3 Collectors Edition

Did you create him before forming Japan?

Quote Originally Posted by lordkestrel View Post
    Did you create him before forming Japan?
    I formed Japan some 200 game-years ago. Or more, can't really remember.

Are you leading or in a personal union?

Yes, leading a PU with Korea. Is that the problem?

Lt. General
    EU3 Collectors Edition

That bug should have been fixed, but yes that is most likely the issue. Lesser partners in a PU can steal your general-king. It was fixed in one of the HTTT patches, but it might be a problem again.

I loaded up a game as Korea and they are not using my king-general. So that's not the problem.

Yes, it is. It won't show your king as the general when loaded as Korea. In other words, you can only watch your king being used by Korean when your are playing yourself (japan).

Rule no.1 of personal union: never ever make your king a general.

But they are not using him... I checked. Unless they have an invisible army that I can't see.

EU3 CompleteEuropa Universalis: Rome

Perhaps try deleting all their armies, saving and loading as Japan? I have no idea will it work, but if the issue is a bug, it might

Quote Originally Posted by colinljx View Post
    Yes, it is. It won't show your king as the general when loaded as Korea. In other words, you can only watch your king being used by Korean when your are playing yourself (japan).

Rule no.1 of personal union: never ever make your king a general.
    except when your king is killed in peacetime by fighting rebels you have a chance to inherit

Quote Originally Posted by simon chatfield View Post
    except when your king is killed in peacetime by fighting rebels you have a chance to inherit
    LOL that's partially what I wanted to do. My war exhaustion is huge so I'm just whacking moles, my king is incompetent, has a 29 year old heir and I wouldn't mind inheriting Korea. But mostly so the heir takes over.

You can write a decision yourself to kill the king instantly, and since your heir is 29 years old you might inherit Korea instantly as well.

Where is the army? I know you can't assign leaders if your army is in enemy territory, there may be others.

Quote Originally Posted by sbr View Post
    Where is the army? I know you can't assign leaders if your army is in enemy territory, there may be others.
    I'm not at war. That's not the problem. I can't assign him to any army.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Do you have a savegame you can compress and upload to a file-hosting site?
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

Here it is:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J72K30BL

Don't be scared by my huge WE and tons of rebels.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Was this done with some mod? There appears to be an IBE tag that doesn't exist in the vanilla game (which means the savegame won't work properly without the mod installed).
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)

Quote Originally Posted by jdrou View Post
    Was this done with some mod? There appears to be an IBE tag that doesn't exist in the vanilla game (which means the savegame won't work properly without the mod installed).
    that'd be Iberia, wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by fenwayb View Post
    that'd be Iberia, wouldn't it?
    Most likely but it doesn't exist in the vanilla game so we'd need to know what mod he was running to be able to look at the savegame.

Playing EU4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast