• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fernando Torres

Darkest Hour Game Designer
48 Badges
Dec 2, 2006
rayan-nezzar.fr
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Elven Legacy Collection
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Pride of Nations
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • East India Company
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Iron Cross
  • Legio
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • March of the Eagles
Download

World in Flames for Darkest Hour Light

World in Flames for Darkest Hour Full (by novapaddy)

-----------------------------------

Extras

World in Flames music/video

Hax propaganda pictures for WIF

-----------------------------------

Installation

Unzip World in Flames in the Mods folder.

Main Features

Experience the fearful WIF AI on Darkest Hour engine
Reshuffle your cabinet, including the Prime minister
Research technologies with up to 10 teams working at the same time
Win the war thanks to the elite of your army (Ski infantry, US Marines, Indian Gurkhas, German SS)
Units get upgraded as you reinforce them
Owned provinces can be transferred/sold
Single province and region targeting for air and naval units
Puppets send supplies and money to masters
Allowed brigade attaching as long as the unit is in supply no matter on whom territory it is
And so much more! :)

468786ScreenSave0.jpg

800662ScreenSave1.jpg

Last edited:
Nope it's just a conversion of the HOI2 version and I have no plan to develop it further (other than quick bugfixes). :)

Quick Question: If you put the WIF province csv file to suit the vanilla dh province csv file, I mean the 6 main parameters (IC etc) .. is that all there is to getting the WIF game using the DH main map? Or is there much more?
I ask because I've just completed doing this for a particular mod, and I wonder if ...?

Quick Question: If you put the WIF province csv file to suit the vanilla dh province csv file, I mean the 6 main parameters (IC etc) .. is that all there is to getting the WIF game using the DH main map? Or is there much more?
I ask because I've just completed doing this for a particular mod, and I wonder if ...?
It's a lot of work.

If you are really confident/good with macrotools / s&r-tools like textcrawler and know what you do (and have a complete id transfer table) you can convert a vanilla like mod in about 1-2 very busy weeks.
20-30 hours of preparing files, run the id conversion through textcrawler, 30-40 hours of cleaning the files of the most obvious errors.
With WIFs expanded ai files the time would probably be longer.

If you try to do it manually... well you know yourself how many successful mapconversion to E3 exist, it's just an insanely montonous and tedious work to check/edit hundreds of files. (roughly 500 in vanilla)

Also you will introduce a lot of little bugs when you convert an id wrong, or miss it.
I think it took 2-3 months to get rid of all id bugs after the initial conversion to the new dh map, mostly because I wasn't that good at the beginning. *g*

First report
Looks very good and it seams to work very well but it seams to have many unknown string wanted in research. Is WAD in your conversion or did I fail in my install ?
On a second note , do you get any good source for production figures for Me 109 with all its versions ? Is tricky to find for me.

First report
Looks very good and it seams to work very well but it seams to have many unknown string wanted in research. Is WAD in your conversion or did I fail in my install ?
On a second note , do you get any good source for production figures for Me 109 with all its versions ? Is tricky to find for me.

I'm interested in getting any report on Unknown String messages.
Please provide me with the most details you can so that I can fix these.

It's a lot of work.

If you are really confident/good with macrotools / s&r-tools like textcrawler and know what you do (and have a complete id transfer table) you can convert a vanilla like mod in about 1-2 very busy weeks.
20-30 hours of preparing files, run the id conversion through textcrawler, 30-40 hours of cleaning the files of the most obvious errors.
With WIFs expanded ai files the time would probably be longer.

If you try to do it manually... well you know yourself how many successful mapconversion to E3 exist, it's just an insanely montonous and tedious work to check/edit hundreds of files. (roughly 500 in vanilla)

Also you will introduce a lot of little bugs when you convert an id wrong, or miss it.
I think it took 2-3 months to get rid of all id bugs after the initial conversion to the new dh map, mostly because I wasn't that good at the beginning. *g*

Thanks ewphoenix123: .. every journey begins with the first step... Fernando, when I know more and am more useful, I'll be back to you.

I'm interested in getting any report on Unknown String messages.
Please provide me with the most details you can so that I can fix these.

To provide a 1st few examples, all sliders informations in the Diplomacy tab are in UNKNOW STRING WANTED (be it in English or French)

By the way, could you add in your first post how you are supposed to install the music/video addon?

Could WIF please be uploaded to other sites too? Now it takes an hour to install, and I dont want to install that stupid searchbar. Fileshare, megaupload, multiupload etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.