Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: World in Flames

Darkest Hour Game Designer Fernando Torres's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEast India Company Collection
    Elven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegioThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries

Thumbs up World in Flames

Download

World in Flames for Darkest Hour Light

World in Flames for Darkest Hour Full (by novapaddy)

-----------------------------------

Extras

World in Flames music/video

Hax propaganda pictures for WIF

-----------------------------------

Installation

Unzip World in Flames in the Mods folder.

Main Features

Experience the fearful WIF AI on Darkest Hour engine
    Reshuffle your cabinet, including the Prime minister
    Research technologies with up to 10 teams working at the same time
    Win the war thanks to the elite of your army (Ski infantry, US Marines, Indian Gurkhas, German SS)
    Units get upgraded as you reinforce them
    Owned provinces can be transferred/sold
    Single province and region targeting for air and naval units
    Puppets send supplies and money to masters
    Allowed brigade attaching as long as the unit is in supply no matter on whom territory it is
    And so much more!

President of Sweden Azzinoth104's Avatar
    200k clubA Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcanePride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Does it use the DH map?
    Amazing things will happen here soon, you just wait. - Dr. Malcolm Betruger - Doom 3

Citizen of Prima Nostra Res Publica Intra Nostrum Oceanum on Paradoxia 3.0!

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEast India Company Collection
    Elven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Blog Entries
    Nope it's just a conversion of the HOI2 version and I have no plan to develop it further (other than quick bugfixes).

Heart_of_Darkness modder novapaddy's Avatar
    56 games registered

Achtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEast India Company
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    Rise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernando Torres View Post
    Nope it's just a conversion of the HOI2 version and I have no plan to develop it further (other than quick bugfixes).
    Quick Question: If you put the WIF province csv file to suit the vanilla dh province csv file, I mean the 6 main parameters (IC etc) .. is that all there is to getting the WIF game using the DH main map? Or is there much more?
    I ask because I've just completed doing this for a particular mod, and I wonder if ...?
    [WIP] Conquista, a mod for Victoria 2, Heart of Darkness, 1600 to 1936.

If it isn't a fun thing to do, then there is no point in doing it.

Originator of the Darkest Hour Manual and Meneth's Guide to CKII.
    Ported HOI2 World In Flames and Modern Day Scenario mods to Darkest Hour. Created the Homeland and NovapaddysMDS mods for Darkest Hour.

A SPECIAL THANK YOU GOES TO: My Favourite Russian, Andrei Gijgorev for his genius with regex.

Blog Entries
    You'll also going to need to adjust the AI, events and scenarios files. As well as the province-specific graphics. But ewphoenix could probably tell more.

Nice!!! Gonna check it directly. :O)

Quick Question: If you put the WIF province csv file to suit the vanilla dh province csv file, I mean the 6 main parameters (IC etc) .. is that all there is to getting the WIF game using the DH main map? Or is there much more?
    I ask because I've just completed doing this for a particular mod, and I wonder if ...?
    It's a lot of work.

If you are really confident/good with macrotools / s&r-tools like textcrawler and know what you do (and have a complete id transfer table) you can convert a vanilla like mod in about 1-2 very busy weeks.
    20-30 hours of preparing files, run the id conversion through textcrawler, 30-40 hours of cleaning the files of the most obvious errors.
    With WIFs expanded ai files the time would probably be longer.

If you try to do it manually... well you know yourself how many successful mapconversion to E3 exist, it's just an insanely montonous and tedious work to check/edit hundreds of files. (roughly 500 in vanilla)

Also you will introduce a lot of little bugs when you convert an id wrong, or miss it.
    I think it took 2-3 months to get rid of all id bugs after the initial conversion to the new dh map, mostly because I wasn't that good at the beginning. *g*
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Darkest Hour
    ✪ ☭ ✠
    a 1914-1963 Grand Strategy Game

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourHearts of Iron IIIIron Cross
    March of the EaglesRome GoldVictoria II: A House Divided

Thx Fernando

First report
    Looks very good and it seams to work very well but it seams to have many unknown string wanted in research. Is WAD in your conversion or did I fail in my install ?
    On a second note , do you get any good source for production figures for Me 109 with all its versions ? Is tricky to find for me.

how do i download the propagandas?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf1455 View Post
    First report
    Looks very good and it seams to work very well but it seams to have many unknown string wanted in research. Is WAD in your conversion or did I fail in my install ?
    On a second note , do you get any good source for production figures for Me 109 with all its versions ? Is tricky to find for me.
    I'm interested in getting any report on Unknown String messages.
    Please provide me with the most details you can so that I can fix these.

Blog Entries
    Save them as .bmp, rename them with the proper tag (propaganda_GER for instance) and move them to World in Flames/scenarios/data

Save them as .bmp, rename them with the proper tag (propaganda_GER for instance) and move them to World in Flames/scenarios/data
    thank you

I send u a printscreen but didnt found your email adress so I send it to DH dev teams hotmail adress. Hope it help u.

Heart_of_Darkness modder novapaddy's Avatar
    56 games registered

Achtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEast India Company
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    Rise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ewphoenix123 View Post
    It's a lot of work.

If you are really confident/good with macrotools / s&r-tools like textcrawler and know what you do (and have a complete id transfer table) you can convert a vanilla like mod in about 1-2 very busy weeks.
    20-30 hours of preparing files, run the id conversion through textcrawler, 30-40 hours of cleaning the files of the most obvious errors.
    With WIFs expanded ai files the time would probably be longer.

If you try to do it manually... well you know yourself how many successful mapconversion to E3 exist, it's just an insanely montonous and tedious work to check/edit hundreds of files. (roughly 500 in vanilla)

Also you will introduce a lot of little bugs when you convert an id wrong, or miss it.
    I think it took 2-3 months to get rid of all id bugs after the initial conversion to the new dh map, mostly because I wasn't that good at the beginning. *g*
    Thanks ewphoenix123: .. every journey begins with the first step... Fernando, when I know more and am more useful, I'll be back to you.
    [WIP] Conquista, a mod for Victoria 2, Heart of Darkness, 1600 to 1936.

If it isn't a fun thing to do, then there is no point in doing it.

Originator of the Darkest Hour Manual and Meneth's Guide to CKII.
    Ported HOI2 World In Flames and Modern Day Scenario mods to Darkest Hour. Created the Homeland and NovapaddysMDS mods for Darkest Hour.

A SPECIAL THANK YOU GOES TO: My Favourite Russian, Andrei Gijgorev for his genius with regex.

I'm interested in getting any report on Unknown String messages.
    Please provide me with the most details you can so that I can fix these.
    To provide a 1st few examples, all sliders informations in the Diplomacy tab are in UNKNOW STRING WANTED (be it in English or French)

By the way, could you add in your first post how you are supposed to install the music/video addon?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn_Saitoh View Post
    By the way, could you add in your first post how you are supposed to install the music/video addon?
    Extract in main DH folder

Blog Entries
    I have fixed the issue with policy sliders but can't find the problem with tech names.
    They should be located in tech_names and they are there indeed.
    (eg TECH_APP_INFANTRY_1_NAME Great War Infantry Division)
    So no idea for now.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Could WIF please be uploaded to other sites too? Now it takes an hour to install, and I dont want to install that stupid searchbar. Fileshare, megaupload, multiupload etc.
    "Don't start a fight when there is nothing to win."
    - Erwin Rommel, The "Desertfox"

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast