CD Key available on Steam for CiM Mac version

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

co_martsu

Colossal Order CEO
Colossal Order Dev
1 Badges
Aug 25, 2010
  • Colossal Order Staff
Hey everyone owning a Mac version of Cities in Motion bought from Steam!

I just got a word from Steam saying that the CD Key is available when you start the game, so please register your game and you'll get access to the tech support as well as to the user modifications forums.

If you continue having problem with the Key, please let me know and I'll contact Steam again :) And I'm very sorry for the inconvenience, sorry it took so long to get fixed.

Open Steam game library, choose Cities in Motion, you should have CD key on the menu on the right side of the screen, or right click on Cities in Motion.

Speaking of CIM for the MAC, i just noticed that my GG profile now has a CIM (MAC) available for me to download or gift to someone. I never bought it, does anyone else noticed this?

I don't even own a MAC, I should probably give it away to someone if it is indeed the game.

The cdkey should pop up after the paradox and CO logos when you start the game. Why steam would do it like this and not put it available in the game library menu is beyond me, but that's how it is for now. Our CEO is aware of this and has contacted Steam about it, let's hope they act swiftly on it.
Sorry for the inconvenience!

Also could someone please post here if they actually find the cdkey on mac so we know for sure it is available, even if it is quite an annoying way at the moment. Probably beats emailing paradox or the hassle of going somewhere with a windows machine and getting it that way though.. :)

Last edited:
The cdkey should pop up after the paradox and CO logos when you start the game. Why steam would do it like this and not put it available in the game library menu is beyond me, but that's how it is for now. Our CEO is aware of this and has contacted Steam about it, let's hope they act swiftly on it.
Sorry for the inconvenience!

Also could someone please post here if they actually find the cdkey on mac so we know for sure it is available, even if it is quite an annoying way at the moment. Probably beats emailing paradox or the hassle of going somewhere with a windows machine and getting it that way though.. :)

Hi,

Checked and wish to confirm that the CD-Key does NOT appear after the CO logo (this comes first) and the Paradox logo after I start the game.

You bought from Steam, right? Try following the instructions in this thread:

Steam key is 5 sets of 5 numbers & letters: 12345-6789A-BCDEF-GHIJK-LMNOP

Paradox forum requires 6 sets of 4 numbers & letters: 1234-5678-9ABC-DEFG-HIJK-LMNO P<---- odd man out, not used!

So as you can see, from left to right, we made groups of 4 letters and numbers but in the same order, leaving out the last letter P, as it's not used.

I have the steam version of the game also ;)

Oddly, I cannot access the CD key by right clicking the game in the library of the steam client, nor from its right pane.
However, if I start the game, I get the key in the bottom right steam popup, which I am given the opportunity to hide forever.
And when I shift+tab to bring up the steam overlay, I have a link to the CD key in the top right corner of the screen, along with the links to DLCs available in the store, the forums and the groups thingy.
Hope you get it too :)

Wow. That was stupid. I had the steam community turned off with the hopes of increasing performance, so I never got the pop up. Turned it on by right clicking game titel in library, choosing properties, then checking the box. Thank you thank you thank you rcl-damsku!!!!

I too have a really stupid problem. Bought the came from Steam, it does offer the key on game start. However, the key pops up in an unresizeable dialog box and I simply cannot see the last 3 letters of the final 5-letter group. And as such the key is unusable for me :(
209g8s0.png

I turned Steam Community on and I got the key. Thanks inthepm848, I wanted to try this but I couldn't remember WHERE I turned community off...
By the way, what is the latest Steam version? 1.0.19?