• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

alicuza

Field Marshal
109 Badges
Mar 23, 2007
  • Sengoku
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Dungeonland
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Cities in Motion
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
I was playing with the idea to modd the versus maps for my tournament, so I wanted to ask for oppinions.

First of all I will zoom out a bit, so almost the whole map will be visible if you are standing in the center.

Secondly I would like to change the magicks which are unlocked.
For example:
1. Nullify and Haste should always come in first. I'm not sure about the Teleport.
2. Revive is useless in 1v1.

So what do you think, which spells should be added on which maps, in what order and why.

Changing vanilla setup for a tournament is a bad idea. It has been tested and confirmed as a working one. Changing it might topple the game balance and put people in a new situation when they didnt have an opportunity to test and practice it. If you have to, change the viewing distance, but remember that even this small change will shift the whole metagame.

Changing vanilla setup for a tournament is a bad idea. It has been tested and confirmed as a working one. Changing it might topple the game balance and put people in a new situation when they didnt have an opportunity to test and practice it. If you have to, change the viewing distance, but remember that even this small change will shift the whole metagame.

This discussion is theoretical. I probably won't change the maps for the tournament more than I need to (only zooming out a bit). I just wanted to know what peoples ideas were on this.

On the subject: I will as a matter of fact not change the vanilla maps, but simply add the modified maps to the bunch.

So there is none whith any ideas towards which magicks should be added to/deleted from the different maps? Ok, then I will simply do some modding, post it here and see if anyone wants to test them with me.