• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Fire and Ash

Lt. General
105 Badges
Dec 4, 2009
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Magicka
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Gettysburg
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • East India Company Collection
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
Fight for Freedom
A Mexico Mini AAR

1722826.jpg

Authors Note: After some being asked I have decided to share to you all my journey as Mexico. From the depressing days of only 19IC too the most awesome days of 66IC that I am currently hanging around at. Yeah. That's where all the cool kids hang out. I'll update whenever, usually when I've run out of steam for my other AAR in DH. That's right. I love to discriminate.

I hope you all enjoy and feel free to have a burrito. I had one for the first time recently... So GOOD!

EDIT: I should also mention that this FTM with no modification.

Last edited:
Chapter 1: We're not off to a great start

Welcome one and all to a Fight for Freedom, in this instalment of ASB funded WW2 dramas we bring to you the rise of Mexico and...

HoI3_2.jpg

Wha? Seriously! You have got to be joking, only 19IC and over 200 manpower. That's like making a jam sandwich with too much jam! What? You mean I have to do it? What do you mean breaking the fourth wall? I'll break it as much as I like. Lalalalalala... Ugh. I'm bored. Might as well get on with it. Don't get any ideas you freaky Space Bat. I'm doing this for the money. WHAT DO YOU MEAN NO MONE-

HoI3_3.jpg

Right. Well, lets get started then. By started I mean skipped two years ahead. Moving on. As you can see I've been building convoys. Lots of them. I was doing it for the money I swear! On a serious note convoys are so damn important in keeping things running. They will be super important later on. I can't even talk about the future? You know what? I don't like you but as time is important we'll move on. Transports are also important. Enough of them can see off a small fleet and as an American Nation with no starting navy, planning to go after the Axis I'll be needing them.

HoI3_4.jpg

Research. Well this was tough.. I needed to focus only on what could be useful to me and I'll admit I get it wrong at first. What I really need is an army capable of moving fast and hitting hard. There's no way I can really IC horde so there's no way I can do this with numbers. Org is the future. Org and Guns. Big guns. Lots of Big guns. This gun really.

doracol.jpg

-In twenty years time a gun like this in every Mexican driveway!

HoI3_5.jpg

All seems to be in order here- Wait one second! Who are you?

"Me?"

"Yes. You. Who are you and what are you doing here?"

"I'm ???. I thought that was obvious."

"... What do you mean ??? How do you even pronounce that?"

"..."

"Who's the idiot now, eh? Nah, You don't look so bad. You can stay for now."

Back to work then.

HoI3_6-1.jpg

For all of you wondering as to what made my IC jump, this is it. The new system for neutrality and threat means I have to increase the threat of a nation to decrease my neutrality. Yes I know their not stupid. It's a new expansion let me finish please. Yes you can have burrito. The new system means that my neutrality is only gets less when compared to the nation that has the highest the threat. Yep, I don't quite get it either but give it a go and you'll get the idea.

Increasing the threat of my neighbour Guatamala lets me get to all those lovely economic policies early. It also makes me chuckle to see Germany, Japan, the USSR and the UK feeling the most threatened Guatamala. :D

HoI3_7.jpg

Diplomatically I'm pretty much in place to join the Allies as soon as I can. That sums up chapter 1. You have been good so have a biscuit. I'm off for tea.

I just subbed as well. I'm very interested in this since I've always wanted to do smaller nations, but never knew how.

Chapter 2: We're great. Just don't look over there

Hello and welcome back to the slightly sooner than expected update of Fight for Freedom. In our previous episode Charlie gave birth to an alien who was addicted to Australia. Hilarious situations ensue and they all learn a thing about friendship and responsibility...It was joke damn it. Just go make me some Tapas and I'll deal with the rest of the update.

HoI3_1.jpg

So what's happened? I've finished my convoys giving me a monopoly on convoys. Years from now the world will bow to Mexico as I demand the release South Wales. from the alien horde in return for continued shipping! And I now have a large amount of convoys in reserve so my troops should never really run out of supplies if there is a port in the area. As you can see I'm now attempting to IC whore. However this whore has standards and will not accept any shmuk. I will have to be patient but the rewards will be great. The importance of doing this as a minor nation is that to field the sort of Divs needed to fight this war, eventually you'll hit a roof. Usually it will be your supplies but reinforcements will shoot up in combat as well. Where's my Tapas? Great. Hang on. Ugh, anchovies.

HoI3_2-1.jpg

Ahh! Don't sneak up on me like that. What was I doing with my hands? What do you- Ah man. That's not cool. You stay way from me with your dirty thoughts. Please. No calm down. Look if it makes you feel better I've got a navy now. Yep all big and strong. Well no, it hasn't got any battleships but it does have 7 transports. Eh? Eh? EH? ... Screw you man. I could'a been a rock star!

HoI3_3-1.jpg

Yes! About time. Time to join the big leagues. Time to join the awesome.

"You. What are you doing here?"

Wait. I'm the only guy who's allowed to do this. Who the hell are you?

"I'm the UK and I want to know what your doing here."

Um, okay. I want to join the Allies.

"Oh my! Good for you old chap. We're always looking for new recruits. Very brave of you, especially with the current situation."

Yes. We in Mexico want to stand up against tyranny wherever it may be.

"For truth, freedom and honour?"

Yes exactly.

"Fantastic. With you joining we can finally deal with Guatamala."

Yes, I know I'm am amazing. I'm just too awesome for words- Wait what?

"Guatamala is truly the greatest threat to the Allies right now. With you here we can now finally curb Guatamala aggression."

But they haven't attacked anyone?

"That's exactly what they want you to think."

I border them.

"Exactly! The Guatamala war machine will take a while conquering you. Their annexation of Mexico will delay them giving us enough time to prepare for war. Good bye. Your sacrifice will be remembered."

HoI3_4-1.jpg

What about Germany!?! It just annexed Austria! You know what. I think you are right. If I'm going to do this I'm going to have to rely on myself. Never fear though I have a much larger IC than before. I'm building the first of my attack force and I have plenty of resources. What's the worst that can happen?

GerWar.jpg

Oh you bugg-

Last edited:
Chapter 3: Welcome to the Jungle!

War with Germany. Now we can get started with a real war. The mighty Mexican Army will march through Europe like a hot knife through butter. Our army of..

HoI3_6-2.jpg

... Three divisions... At least our mighty air force of... 1 interceptor... Fine. Maybe our army isn't that great a threat but I will still make Germany hate the day it made Mexico it's enemy! With my huge amount of convoys, surely we could just hurl them at Germany.

HoI3_8.jpg

So our army isn't great but I shall change that.

Yo...Uh...

???: What is it? I'm doing something here.

Yes. You I need troops, fast!

???: Just change the law to minimum training, whata ya stupid?

Thanks, why have you gone brooklyn though?

???: Gotta go.

Hey! Maybe he's a spy from the USA!?! I'll get him next time. Strange thing is though. The USA would join the Allies in 1939 if I continued to increase the threat of Guatamala. :wacko:

HoI3_10.jpg

Yes I am getting to it. No, I still hate you. Okay maybe one burrito. Oh crap their back!

Uh- IC whoring! I said earlier that you would hit a roof and we did. I know what your thinking though. Your looking at that reinforcement slider and thinking WASTE. At the same time war costs lives and you will usually have to keep that slider at least 1IC ahead of what you need. If you can do that then you can keep it low, but some battle will demand a lot of IC to deal with afterwards. Be prepared like Bear Grylls.

bear-grylls-every-episode.jpg

-Yes. That man is prepared.

Lets see what else is happening...

HoI3_12.jpg

Persia is continuing its time honoured tradition of national loonicey and Dowing the UK with no chance of survival. GOOD TIMES!

HoI3_11.jpg

Germany has just stormed through the lowlands and have broken through The Maginot Line. BAD TIMES!

HoI3_9.jpg

Mexico leading the charge through Tripoli and wiping out 3 Inf divs in the space of a month. PARTY TIMES!!!

I know. No territory for me, but hey, at least France wins.

Last edited:
You don't hear that every day.
- :D

well that is a really positive contribution to the Allied war effort ... what is your plan B if France collapses and Vichy end up in charge of Tripoli?
- I'm going to place Divs at the ports just in case. As long as I've got them then I can still hold Africa.

Chapter 4: Swings and Roundabouts

Look at that. Can you see it? It's never done that before. Well yeah, I know it's quite large but that's never been an issue before. Hahaha, yeah... Oh! Hello and welcome back...How long were you there? Never mind, important stuff to cover.

HoI3_1-1.jpg

Mexico has one again proved to the world how awesome it is by kicking several different shades out of some Italians in North Africa. I think I figured out the Italian plan though.

"Gentlemen things have not been going so well in Africa recently, so command has come up with a new plan. Our only hope to stop the Allies is that they kill so many of us they become slightly depressed. Question?"

"What about the officers?"

"Hmm. That is a good question, have him taken outside and shot."

Actually that might work. I'm feeling awfully depressed now. Lets see some good stuff.

HoI3_4-2.jpg

British troops have started making some real progress into Persia. Even though some of the divs from India seem to be going in the wrong direction. At least they've realised that Guatamala is no longer the real threat. It only took a year of war with Germany.

HoI3_5-2.jpg

Looks like France are throwing all their troops into Ethiopia. Its obvious to me that Ethiopia is the real threat to France.

HoI3_7-2.jpg

Yep. Absolutely no other threat is as dangerous as Ethiopia. You want me to look up. Why would I need to lo-

HOLY **** **** on a hamster **** with the wheel **** robot **** Michael Bay **** film ****.

Exaggeration aside we all saw this coming. What else is going on?

HoI3_6-3.jpg

Tobruk will be MINE! Ohhh...I was about to do Lord of the Rings... Ugh.

Chapter 5: Bringing in the New Year

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! To celebrate the New Year we all have a shot whenever the Allies make progress. I've got my drink ready and Lets do this- Yes, I know it's not New Year yet but it's clo- Summer. In the game it's close...

Just go. Go stand over there. I'll deal with you later. Don't you give me that look! I invented that look. How do you think I got this gig?

... Lets get on with the update.

14j3lol.jpg

SHOT! Ethiopia is French! and Italy is about to lose it's last holdings in Africa. SHOT!

zn6emu.jpg

SHOT! Hick-

Ugh the British have finally taken control of Persia! I have a strange feeling this isn't the end of Persia though. On a side not since FTM came out very few countries in factions ever get annexed. They just refuse to surrender. It's like every nation became the Black Knight from The Holy Grail.

UK: Now stand aside, worthy adversary.
Persia: 'Tis but a scratch.
UK: A scratch? Your ports are gone! What are you going to do, bleed on me?
Persia: I'm invincible!
UK: You're a loony.
Persia: Persia always triumphs!
Have at you! Come on then.
[whop]
[UK take Persia's capital]
Persia: All right; we'll call it a draw.
UK: Come, France.
Persia: Oh, oh, I see, running away then. You yellow
*******! Come back here and take what's coming to you.
I'll bite your legs off!

SHOT!!!

o02b95.jpg

Boo-Hich-Oooo! Italy has- they uh attacked Greece! That's not cool. What did Greece ever do? Maybe I should help out? Hmm. Yeah. What they ever do for us, except Pythagoras theorem and when I have ever needed to use that 'ey!?! Hick-
At least their on my side now though... SHOT!!!

HoI3_5-3.jpg

Huhu yeah... What? Oh France gone. Or is it? Unexpected consequence of French defeat is they still hold Libya and any unit, plane or ship that was in Libya still belongs to France. Not a large amount but a portion of their navy and enough troops to ocupy Libya. Do you know what means? SHOT!!!

HoI3_4-3.jpg

What do you mean I should stop? I haven't even got started yet...BUUURP. Libya is also ours now if you hadn't already seen. I even helped the Brits clear out Egypt. We had a weird ending though. As the last of the Italian army was being pushed back it was finally forced to make a stand at El Alamein. Surprisingly still supplied considering I'd taken Tobruk about two week earlier. SHOT!!!

Hey! Come back with the booze! Hick.

2pquidw.jpg

Drop the booze now! I'm telling you I can't get ill from booze. Yep, I've never gotten drunk from throwing up. Come back here! Wait- What's happening here. Looks like Japan has finally started making progress in China. I should probably plan something in case it all goes wrong but the Space bat has got my booze!

210dmhs.jpg

Gottya! Noe give me the booze... Wayt, this issssn't you. It's a broom. Hahaha! There you are. Now give me the booze! Only after I explain my plan? Grrr. Alright then. It's time to start taking the fight to take to the Italy. My plan of attack is to take Sardinia, then when I have enough Units attack Sicily. From that point I march my forces up the boot till we reach Napoli. Try to destroy a few Italian Units while I'm there.

Now give me the booze! Haha the booze is mine! Aww my head hurts. I think- I think I'm going to slurp noz...

Last edited:
Nice AAR

like your style

Chapter 6: The Axis Eat Russia and No Pizza in Italy

... Urh. Please be quite. You take over for this one. Just show them the pics. I'm going to go lie down over there.

ipqmtu.jpg

Sardinia is ours. Go Team. That aside a lot of what I'm able to do has only been achievable due to the Allies Naval AI. In fact I would say big improvement compared to previous versions. In the battle for Sardinia I managed to take the north port without challenge, then forcing my way south I wiped out a Italian Inf Division. Ugh, yes I'll stop breaking the fourth wall. You're giving me a head ache.

6hus5k.jpg

Things are looking bad in Greece their sacrifice will be Mexico’s Glory though. Without those Italian troops to defend Italy chance of Mexican victory increases. As much as a nation with less than 10 units to attack with and a navy that consist of only 7 transports…This can only end well.

24fwviu.jpg

War in Russia! It's on now! With the Russia from the East, the Allies from the West and the Mexican Army from the south the Axis have no chance. With the Axis at war with the USSR this will be a prime time to take the boot from Italy. Yes! There is absolutely, positively no way the Axis can win now.*

2cid9uo.jpg

It took the better part of year to build up troops and to recover from my head ache but we can finally launch the invasion of Italy. Caught 4 garrisons defending Sicily and decimated them.

33b0ldu.jpg

A months later, Mexican troops have finally reached their last objective and trapped the lower Italian Defence force but also two German units that got caught in the trap. Looks like I was right about the Italy's forces, but it was no cake walk. I suspect they took took the Pizza with them as supply situation has been appalling at points. All that aside, Italy is now wide open. Nothing can go wrong.

2mo9u7b.jpg

fuuuuu.png

* I shall eat my hat in 5...4...3...2...

_________________________________________________-

Authors Note: I honestly thought as this new expansion should have made the USSR even harder to defeat that this game would end quickly. Oh boy did that turn out wrong. More on the ramifications of the catastrophe next update.

Chapter 7: From this point on things can only get better

There was once Mexicans in Italy,
who dreamed of marching to Rome from Sicily.
So they marched off to Rome,
even though their supply convoys moaned,
and got all the way to Napoli.

2z9jrsk.jpg

Unfortunately for them
Stalin wasn't holding his pen
as he never signed the orders to restore sanity.

So the convoys moaned
and the Mexican army groaned
at the sign of no supplies and German artillery

2nqrss6.jpg

Thankfully for them I started paying attention
and decided to move my army.

Looking at the map I decided that
maybe Europe just isn't where I want to be.
So off I went off I went
even further than Kent
and decided Japan was where it was happening.

9k2yop.jpg

Okay maybe it's not the best Limerick in the world but if you can do a better one I'd like to see it.

Limericks aside, Japan is the prefect target right now. It's lost all its pacific holdings, US troops have landed in Manchukuo, Guangxi Clique is invading Indonesia and Japanese/Siam troops are barely holding the British back in Burma. The Mexican Empire shall be born!

In Japan!

xckbps.jpg

The overall plan is to size the port of Nagasaki as a beach head for further invasion of Japan. Once I've cleared out the surrounding region, I shall advance to Hiroshima and from there to Kyoto. Of course Kochi could be a threat but it's one I can contain. If I can I'll take it but it's not the priority. From there it's Tokyo and the Imperial Palace!

34oa6uh.jpg

The Green Dawn is coming.

Last edited:
Tora Tora! We are ready to dictate terms of peace in the Mexican White Hou-

Oh screw this. Uh... We surrender. Just let Hirohito stay in power.

Disgraceful. Lost a war to Mexico... *kicks dirt*

Tora Tora! We are ready to dictate terms of peace in the Mexican White Hou-

Oh screw this. Uh... We surrender. Just let Hirohito stay in power.

Disgraceful. Lost a war to Mexico... *kicks dirt*

Probably go into exile instead.