• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The whole point here is that the parties in question have been able to gain sufficient popularity that they do deserve the seats, but the government in question won't allow them to have them.

Use the Support Ruling Party spy mission, and ministers that do the same thing. If you aren't ruthless enough to suppress the dissidents then they are going to cause problems for you...just look at North Africa and the Middle East for what happens when a government doesn't suppress the opposition.

EDIT: In other words, the countries that don't have election can't get away with ignoring the fact that (because of "enemy" spy actions) the dominant party is no longer their own.

Oops: Meant to edit that post, not reply to it.

The whole point here is that the parties in question have been able to gain sufficient popularity that they do deserve the seats, but the government in question won't allow them to have them.

Use the Support Ruling Party spy mission, and ministers that do the same thing. If you aren't ruthless enough to suppress the dissidents then they are going to cause problems for you...just look at North Africa and the Middle East for what happens when a government doesn't suppress the opposition.

That does work if your a Fascist/Communist type country who can enact better laws(press/civil) to protect yourself from the 12-15 "enemy" countries who are simultaniously using their "support our party' mission, but not if your a Democracy! In that case your pretty much screwed, especially so if your England or France. Although, France has it much worse, it has to either choose to support our party or raise NU, since you(AI/player) can't do both. Well, not at the same time anyway. But, you need to know what your doing and how to balance them out. In other words, new players and the AI are SOL!

I'm with SAS on this one. Also, an informative tooltip of how to avoid an FG would be nice. That or the ability to mod it's triggers/effects.

ever seen the sticky threads?

Yes I named 3 of them in my previous message but this don't answer my question !
I want to avoid reading [sticky] threads to know what are the FTM rules.

Imagine I take FTM out of the box and have no internet, I will explore the CD to get a pdf (because I have not seen paper manuals in the last years) this is what I want, a complete manual describing the game I bought, not the addition of 3 addon + 10 patches

Yes I named 3 of them in my previous message but this don't answer my question !
I want to avoid reading [sticky] threads to know what are the FTM rules.

Imagine I take FTM out of the box and have no internet, I will explore the CD to get a pdf (because I have not seen paper manuals in the last years) this is what I want, a complete manual describing the game I bought, not the addition of 3 addon + 10 patches

since you can't take ftm out of any box i don't see the problem and you need only one patch. however, without registering hoi3 you can't access the manual anyway. when you have registered it you find it on the very top of the forum.

Is FTM really worth it for a new player like me or should I wait and learn how to play first ?

FTM 3.04 is by far the best version of HOI3 and is a great buy!

Is FTM really worth it for a new player like me or should I wait and learn how to play first ?

get FTM for sure !!!
Personally I couldn't stand HOI3 before it came out. Each time I tried to play it felt like was a Huge waste of time because it was so incomplete and flawed. About the only use I found for it was having the CD server as a drink coaster.

- You can scroll the map by holding down the middle mousebutton.

- The breakthrough combat event is very good to reduce attack delay after combat.

- Mud now declines quite alot slower, and only accumulates when above -5.

- You can set continous orders to start at a later date, instead of just immediately.

Tidbits are great. Manual better.

To master HOI3, it is imperative that one reads the manual. I have read the original HOI3 manual, but not the Semper-Fi Manual. I must get around to doing it. What about Das Irae G...? Does it have a manual? I have the mod.

I'm pretty sure this is new, I don't remember anything happening when you mouse'd over your flag in SF. Anyway, very convenient way to see all your countries modifiers.

tooltipss.jpg

OMG! I never knew! :-D

Is there any way to change the hot-key for the "find province" function?

I either want to make hitting "f" build infrastructure alone, and nothing else what so ever, or what ever means necessary for "Find Province" and "Build Infrastructure" to be two separate keys.

Even if "Build Infrastructure" was made "Shift + F" that would be satisfactory, like so many other building hot-keys already requiring Shift... But duplication of uses on a single key is just an aggravation.