• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Did u know that...

When u make the theater build the forces they deem necassery for the protection of their theater, the troops build in the productionscreen r made from non-existing manpower. Deleting those units from the production screen will give u free manpower!

Did u know that...

When u make the theater build the forces they deem necassery for the protection of their theater, the troops build in the productionscreen r made from non-existing manpower. Deleting those units from the production screen will give u free manpower!

yes, its a known bug but it only happens when you don't have enough manpower.

Units are able to receive medals for their actions on the battle field. Notice today one of my Battleships had earned the Congressional Medal of Honor, along with Purple Heart, Bronze, and Silver Stars. And one more that I do not recognize.

Did u know that,

When playing Holland and u succesfully survive the first year of the war with Germany and help france and Belgium in their struggle against Germany, that in 1942 the complete German army miysteriously vanishes from the front lines leaving only weak Italian forces to defend? Meaning we can roll them up all the way to Soviet Union, liberating everyone along the way. Only to be attacked by Soviet Union, that liberates DDR and doesnt advance further into my Holland?

I love HOI3. I try FTM now (liked the old mods in SF too much I guess...) but I feel a bit confused about this: 1) It is almost impossible to invite another nation to be "allied" with you, and 2) The trade seems to be odd, because it is most of the time "impossible" to trade with another country. Thats for one, there are other things, but these are most urgent I guess.

Im not sure if the statement from Hollandia on theather build units is right! Tried, but did not get more manpower than before. One more thing: Released Indochina and lost their benefits in terms of "black soil"... Why on earth is that? They are now part of my realm as a puppet country... but I dont benefit from their special atributes anymore.... That is: No more "Black soil"....

Yeah, I noticed my bug only works if u load up, dont have enough manppower for the 30 divs the theater wants to build and before clicking "unpause", u press them to build and they pop up at the production screen. Delete them all and u have a nice normal amount of manpower. Holland without it is just screwed.

Timing when to save

This may seem like an odd thing to discuss, but has some important implications for your game due to when certain things are calculated. At 0:00 of the 2nd day of a month (or 24:00 of the 1st day), several variables get recalculated. Those are:

1) Revolt Risk due to nationalism. It goes down by 0.1% each month and this decrease happens at midnight of the 1st day. This also affects IC, MP, resources, and LS lost by revolt risk; you'll gain or lose IC the same day the revolt risk is recalculated.
2) Party Organizations. Party organizations are scaled on midnight such that the total of all party org is 100. While the "support party" spy missions don't seem to do much at first, because of the scaling done every month the gains are non-linear and have a greater impact the higher the party organization is.
3) Events that were queued during the previous month all fire on the 2nd day of the next month. This is why you get a flood of political events on the 2nd day of the month.

On top of that, if you save on say, the 23rd then quit and reload later, all party organization increases will be reset to 0. With all that in mind, the best day to save your game is on the 2nd of the month if you can help it. If you have monthly autosaves, then you'll miss out on the above mentioned updates when you reload the autosave and will have to wait another month to get the updates.

Lots of modding-related tests over the past 2 years. I kept seeing the same behavior over and over then dug into the details to figure it out. The nationalism stuff I figured out after I kept seeing my LS shift each month after annexing some countries. The event stuff Slan figured out.

Maybe it was because you were playing the Germans?:p

Henri
Maybe that, or playing another Mod.. :)
Because these are no "real" Medals, "just" the experience stars in a different look..

Cheers,
Chromos

Maybe it was because you were playing the Germans?:p

Henri

I was/and am playing FTM 3.05 and was playing as USA. The award that the ship received that I did not know at the time looks like the Navy Cross. Was not playing a mod at the time.

The awards appear when you call up the ship stats. The same page where you can see the list of ships that your ship has sunk.

Most units will receive at least the Purple Heart after some damage has been received. None of my land units have received any more than the Purple Heart, some times a Bronze Star.

-----
jaf

I was/and am playing FTM 3.05 and was playing as USA. The award that the ship received that I did not know at the time looks like the Navy Cross. Was not playing a mod at the time.

The awards appear when you call up the ship stats. The same page where you can see the list of ships that your ship has sunk.

Most units will receive at least the Purple Heart after some damage has been received. None of my land units have received any more than the Purple Heart, some times a Bronze Star.

-----
jaf

you definitely played a mod. maybe stars and stripes?