• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
But...find province is already shift-f, f is only build infra. What version are you using?

we did that in FTM I think, so earlier versions wont have it

How can I define theatres in FTM? The button in the production window is gone and I can't seem to find a corresponding one in the theatres window (or anywhere else for that matter).

Subs can be stacked rather much with their low hull and if they go on patrol they got 30% possibility to have 500% the attack value the first 3 combat rounds.

You should try to put aside the fanboism and really look at the manual. Apart from the great Hoi 1 manual, the documentation for each subsequent Hoi has been...lacking.
1) You do realize that FtM is an expansion. The industry standard for expansions is to just detail the changes/additions from previous versions.
2) HOI3 (Vanilla) came with pretty good documentation PLUS a free strategy guide that answered just about any question you could have. Sadly it hasn't been updated in a while.

Not to worry, we have a very knowledgeable and friendly forum community who will answer specific questions when they are not prefaced with "HOI3 SUCKS!" ;)

Sometimes, even the developers will chime in when you are particularly charming in your innocence.

Me? I ignore all of you. :p

God I love RELee and his humor. :D

God I love RELee and his humor. :D
daffy4.jpg

What? I was joking?

To master HOI3, it is imperative that one reads the manual. I have read the original HOI3 manual, but not the Semper-Fi Manual. I must get around to doing it. What about Das Irae G...? Does it have a manual? I have the mod.

Havent read a single HOI/EU manual.

I did the HOI3 tutorial. After that its trial and error plus forum. Plus a little wiki at start.

Plus the AI isnt too tough, so after a half dozen screwed up games, you can really just play a story. Its not like you MUST know how to edge 100% effectiveness out of everything just to win as one of the big players.

Bit it is a really fun way to play the game. You can get hilarious stuff happening. OK im Germany and im waiting for the Soviet moloch to attack me (keeps sending old infantry divisions to the eastern front since mechanized is the new hotness).

When I go to my games, I am registered. When I click on that link I am told I do not have permission, not registered.

Hmmm.

I have same issue. I understand it is because i've only registered SF and HTM. I purchased every HOI3 "product" there is via an Impulse sale a few weeks back. Upon installing the game, i find the HOI3 has disappeared (thus no rego number available). FTM etc still work fine, but it seems like FTM has effectively overwritten HOI3. I installed HOI3, then sprites, then SF, then Dies Irae, then FTM. Seriously, HOI3 is disappeared... really weird.

Edit: is there a way to obtain the serial from within the game?

Last edited:
I have same issue. I understand it is because i've only registered SF and HTM. I purchased every HOI3 "product" there is via an Impulse sale a few weeks back. Upon installing the game, i find the HOI3 has disappeared (thus no rego number available). FTM etc still work fine, but it seems like FTM has effectively overwritten HOI3. I installed HOI3, then sprites, then SF, then Dies Irae, then FTM. Seriously, HOI3 is disappeared... really weird.

Edit: is there a way to obtain the serial from within the game?

contact impulse.

I'm pretty sure this is new, I don't remember anything happening when you mouse'd over your flag in SF. Anyway, very convenient way to see all your countries modifiers.

tooltipss.jpg

That is really nice indeed. The more tooltips the better.

One place that could do with some additional tooltips is the production screen modifiers that affect IC cost and build time. Since there are a number of sources that can affect these (e.g. IC efficiency, policy settings, practical score and now also strategic resources) it would be great to see how all these modifiers work together to create the final cost. Just a thought for the next patch ;)

Oh Noes!

Here's a good tip I haven't seen anywhere else.

Paraphrasing Darkrenown from another thread:

How to remove the fractured govt. modifier - It's due to parties wanting cabinet seats. Check the popularity graph on the politics screen ( the tooltip will note how many cabinet positions are desired by each party) and assign ministers as needed.

I had NO idea. Is that in a manual somewhere?
Of course, the condition satisfying candidates for filling the positions may be worse
than the fracture penalty.

:blink: