+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: FTM - Did you know this?

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourIron CrossSemper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Curious View Post
    I think that we've just been spammed.
    really? you'd think so?

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2

I really, really, really think so!

Can someone tell me how does it work here now?
    We work on a big modification (http://www.designmodproject.de/forum...f=1937&t=26477) but does Paradox still make DLC's?

Quote Originally Posted by ToWModdingGroup View Post
    Can someone tell me how does it work here now?
    We work on a big modification (http://www.designmodproject.de/forum...f=1937&t=26477) but does Paradox still make DLC's?
    how does work what? nobody knows if we will get additional DLC and expansions but it is very likely.
    if you want to mod the game register it and post in the mod forum. btw, outside links are against the forum rules.

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneIron Cross

Did u know that...

When u make the theater build the forces they deem necassery for the protection of their theater, the troops build in the productionscreen r made from non-existing manpower. Deleting those units from the production screen will give u free manpower!

Quote Originally Posted by Hollandia View Post
    Did u know that...

When u make the theater build the forces they deem necassery for the protection of their theater, the troops build in the productionscreen r made from non-existing manpower. Deleting those units from the production screen will give u free manpower!
    yes, its a known bug but it only happens when you don't have enough manpower.

HoI AnthologyFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi
    500k club

Units are able to receive medals for their actions on the battle field. Notice today one of my Battleships had earned the Congressional Medal of Honor, along with Purple Heart, Bronze, and Silver Stars. And one more that I do not recognize.
    From the Southern Shore of Lake Superior, its not the Edge of the Earth, but you can see it from here.

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III Collection

Did u know that,

When playing Holland and u succesfully survive the first year of the war with Germany and help france and Belgium in their struggle against Germany, that in 1942 the complete German army miysteriously vanishes from the front lines leaving only weak Italian forces to defend? Meaning we can roll them up all the way to Soviet Union, liberating everyone along the way. Only to be attacked by Soviet Union, that liberates DDR and doesnt advance further into my Holland?

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2

I love HOI3. I try FTM now (liked the old mods in SF too much I guess...) but I feel a bit confused about this: 1) It is almost impossible to invite another nation to be "allied" with you, and 2) The trade seems to be odd, because it is most of the time "impossible" to trade with another country. Thats for one, there are other things, but these are most urgent I guess.

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2

Im not sure if the statement from Hollandia on theather build units is right! Tried, but did not get more manpower than before. One more thing: Released Indochina and lost their benefits in terms of "black soil"... Why on earth is that? They are now part of my realm as a puppet country... but I dont benefit from their special atributes anymore.... That is: No more "Black soil"....

Yeah, I noticed my bug only works if u load up, dont have enough manppower for the 30 divs the theater wants to build and before clicking "unpause", u press them to build and they pop up at the production screen. Delete them all and u have a nice normal amount of manpower. Holland without it is just screwed.

Where can I find a manual for ftm?

Quote Originally Posted by Chromos View Post
    Hi Johan and thank you for the Infos.

I suggest pinning them or putting them into the FAQ section or..
    Put them in the manual..

But have a sticky here with ongoing tips would maybe the best solution..?

Kind regards,
    Chromos

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis: RomeHoi 2 Beta500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Heim View Post
    Where can I find a manual for ftm?
    FAQ forum.
    "To punish me for my contempt for authority, they made me an authority myself" - Albert Einstein

My Demi-Mod color is GOLD. If I'm posting in this color, I'm not just being a jerk. I use WHITE for that.

"The Game"... my first AAR. Armageddon v1.2 Mod-34, Germany.
    Winner, Q2-2008 HOI-2 Comedy Award.
    Winner, 2008 Iron HeAARt Award for the best HOI-2 AAR of 2008.
    Autocrat of Earth in the Forum Game "Ad Astra"
    Welcome to BloodCarnage... Hope you like snakes! - A Dwarf Fortress succession game.

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaSword of the Stars II
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessV2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Timing when to save

This may seem like an odd thing to discuss, but has some important implications for your game due to when certain things are calculated. At 0:00 of the 2nd day of a month (or 24:00 of the 1st day), several variables get recalculated. Those are:

1) Revolt Risk due to nationalism. It goes down by 0.1% each month and this decrease happens at midnight of the 1st day. This also affects IC, MP, resources, and LS lost by revolt risk; you'll gain or lose IC the same day the revolt risk is recalculated.
    2) Party Organizations. Party organizations are scaled on midnight such that the total of all party org is 100. While the "support party" spy missions don't seem to do much at first, because of the scaling done every month the gains are non-linear and have a greater impact the higher the party organization is.
    3) Events that were queued during the previous month all fire on the 2nd day of the next month. This is why you get a flood of political events on the 2nd day of the month.

On top of that, if you save on say, the 23rd then quit and reload later, all party organization increases will be reset to 0. With all that in mind, the best day to save your game is on the 2nd of the month if you can help it. If you have monthly autosaves, then you'll miss out on the above mentioned updates when you reload the autosave and will have to wait another month to get the updates.
    The Historical Plausibility Project - 1.0.4 (final) for HoI3, 2.04 (final) for SF, 3.0.0 (final) for FtM, 3.3.2 (beta) for TFH
    Alt-History: Code Geass Timeline - v1.8 for Victoria 2: A House Divided (final), v2.2 for Heart of Darkness, based on the Pop Demand mod

My AARs:
    Banner of the White Sun - an HPP 1.0 (final HOI3) Nationalist China AAR - DONE
    Teutonic Dreams - an HPP 1.7.3 (mid-SF) Germany AAR - Done
    Jiěfng Zhnzhēng - A Chinese HPP 2.04 (final SF) AAR - Done
    Kantai Kessen - Empire of Japan HPP 2.6.71a (mid-FTM) AAR - Last update April 16, 2013 - Abandoned

My information thread about ww2 naval expansion for the world's naval powers, large and small. Last update August 22, 2013; reworked the Soviet entry.

Covert Mastermind Demi Moderator Secret Master's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

That explains so much. How did you even figure that out?
    All Hail Him,

The Secret Master

Note: If I write a post in this hideous color, I am speaking as a Demi-Moderator. Paying attention is strongly advised.

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaSword of the Stars II
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessV2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Lots of modding-related tests over the past 2 years. I kept seeing the same behavior over and over then dug into the details to figure it out. The nationalism stuff I figured out after I kept seeing my LS shift each month after annexing some countries. The event stuff Slan figured out.
    The Historical Plausibility Project - 1.0.4 (final) for HoI3, 2.04 (final) for SF, 3.0.0 (final) for FtM, 3.3.2 (beta) for TFH
    Alt-History: Code Geass Timeline - v1.8 for Victoria 2: A House Divided (final), v2.2 for Heart of Darkness, based on the Pop Demand mod

My AARs:
    Banner of the White Sun - an HPP 1.0 (final HOI3) Nationalist China AAR - DONE
    Teutonic Dreams - an HPP 1.7.3 (mid-SF) Germany AAR - Done
    Jiěfng Zhnzhēng - A Chinese HPP 2.04 (final SF) AAR - Done
    Kantai Kessen - Empire of Japan HPP 2.6.71a (mid-FTM) AAR - Last update April 16, 2013 - Abandoned

My information thread about ww2 naval expansion for the world's naval powers, large and small. Last update August 22, 2013; reworked the Soviet entry.

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3For The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIMajesty 2Europa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Rome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by JAF1327 View Post
    Units are able to receive medals for their actions on the battle field. Notice today one of my Battleships had earned the Congressional Medal of Honor, along with Purple Heart, Bronze, and Silver Stars. And one more that I do not recognize.
    Maybe it was because you were playing the Germans?

Henri

AHOI-Mod Series Developer Demi Moderator Chromos's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club

Blog Entries

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Henri View Post

Henri
    Maybe that, or playing another Mod..
    Because these are no "real" Medals, "just" the experience stars in a different look..

Cheers,
    Chromos
    Former Game Developer East vs. West: - Lua AI / Political -
    AHOI-Mod - A Hearts of Iron 3 "Treasure Chest": Soon: Play WW-I up to the Cold War
    First AAR by me! -> Victory Ahoy! (A Let's Play AAR with AHOI-Mod-"Treasure-Chest")
    AHOI-Mod - Widescreen Mods (For std HoI3 from SF to TFH): See more at a glance/usable from 1280*768 on
    AHOI-Mod - Widescreen Mods (For other HoI3 Mods): See more with your fav mod -usable from 1280*768 on
    AHOI-Mod - Dynamic AI (For std HoI3 FTM): Play with an ai that is adjustible wih decsions
    Check my profile: Find out more info about HoI-III, modding and the AHOI-Mods

HoI AnthologyFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Henri View Post

Henri
    I was/and am playing FTM 3.05 and was playing as USA. The award that the ship received that I did not know at the time looks like the Navy Cross. Was not playing a mod at the time.

The awards appear when you call up the ship stats. The same page where you can see the list of ships that your ship has sunk.

Most units will receive at least the Purple Heart after some damage has been received. None of my land units have received any more than the Purple Heart, some times a Bronze Star.

-----
    jaf
    From the Southern Shore of Lake Superior, its not the Edge of the Earth, but you can see it from here.

Quote Originally Posted by JAF1327 View Post
    I was/and am playing FTM 3.05 and was playing as USA. The award that the ship received that I did not know at the time looks like the Navy Cross. Was not playing a mod at the time.

The awards appear when you call up the ship stats. The same page where you can see the list of ships that your ship has sunk.

Most units will receive at least the Purple Heart after some damage has been received. None of my land units have received any more than the Purple Heart, some times a Bronze Star.

-----
    jaf
    you definitely played a mod. maybe stars and stripes?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast