+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: FTM - Did you know this?

Oberkommando HOI4 Paradox Dev Team podcat's Avatar
    200k clubHoI AnthologyDiplomacyFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrenown View Post
    But...find province is already shift-f, f is only build infra. What version are you using?
    we did that in FTM I think, so earlier versions wont have it
    Reject reason to make the impossible possible!

Ahhh, ok... looked into it and now it's fixed thankfully...

Agonizing before though... please don't return to such a dark place

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIMagicka
    Majesty 2Semper Fi

How can I define theatres in FTM? The button in the production window is gone and I can't seem to find a corresponding one in the theatres window (or anywhere else for that matter).
    Cry 'Havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war!

Theatre HQs themselves feature a map-like button. Hit that.

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIMagicka
    Majesty 2Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jazumir View Post
    Theatre HQs themselves feature a map-like button. Hit that.
    Ok, that lets me modify existing theatres. How about creating new ones?
    Cry 'Havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war!

Crusader Kings IIHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Detach an existing army group HQ from a theatre HQ and it will then allow you to click to create a new theatre HQ. You will still have to adjust which provinces it has with the map-button.

200k clubAchtung PanzerHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Semper FiRome: Vae Victis

Subs can be stacked rather much with their low hull and if they go on patrol they got 30% possibility to have 500% the attack value the first 3 combat rounds.
    Montgomery to Colonial secretary Oliver Lyttelton 23 December 1951:

Dear Lyttelton, Malaya
    We must have a plan. Secondly we must have a man.
    When we have a plan and a man, we shall succeed: otherwise not.
    Yours sincerely , Montgomery (F.M.)

Lyttelton in his memoirs: I may, perhaps without undue conceit, say that this had occurred to me.

Quote Originally Posted by bryanrows View Post
    You should try to put aside the fanboism and really look at the manual. Apart from the great Hoi 1 manual, the documentation for each subsequent Hoi has been...lacking.
    Waiting for a workable Pacific theater since 2003...
    "Even a powerful arrow at the end of its flight cannot penetrate a silk cloth" - kongming

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Holistic_Cookie View Post
    You should try to put aside the fanboism and really look at the manual. Apart from the great Hoi 1 manual, the documentation for each subsequent Hoi has been...lacking.
    1) You do realize that FtM is an expansion. The industry standard for expansions is to just detail the changes/additions from previous versions.
    2) HOI3 (Vanilla) came with pretty good documentation PLUS a free strategy guide that answered just about any question you could have. Sadly it hasn't been updated in a while.
    Beta Tester: HOI2-DD Armageddon 1.3 Patch
    Team Member: Darkest Hour (on Hiatus for School and other projects)

I am an American, not a United Statian, United Stater, USAian or any other PC alternative, live with it.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Semper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaV2 AHD Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Not to worry, we have a very knowledgeable and friendly forum community who will answer specific questions when they are not prefaced with "HOI3 SUCKS!"

Sometimes, even the developers will chime in when you are particularly charming in your innocence.

Me? I ignore all of you.
    I'm a 19th century man inflicting himself upon a 21st century world.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Unbelievers always want other people to act like Christians." - Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Perfected by the sixteen men of Tain.
    Phishing link to HOI4 site removed.

10+ Years on the Forum Demi Moderator SAS's Avatar
    85 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDiplomacyFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
    Warlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaAncient Space

Blog Entries
    God I love RELee and his humor.
    - March of the Eagles mod: The Gods

- When I speak in Cyan its as a Demi-Moderator. Please review the following links: FAQ / Forum Rules / General Usage

200k clubCrusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Semper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaV2 AHD Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SAS View Post
    God I love RELee and his humor.

What? I was joking?
    I'm a 19th century man inflicting himself upon a 21st century world.
    "Unbelievers always want other people to act like Christians." - Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card
    Perfected by the sixteen men of Tain.
    Phishing link to HOI4 site removed.

EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by bryanrows View Post
    When I go to my games, I am registered. When I click on that link I am told I do not have permission, not registered.

Hmmm.

The Closer Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by jbarradale View Post
    When I go to my games, I am registered. When I click on that link I am told I do not have permission, not registered.

Hmmm.
    You need to register HoI3, you now just have registered SF ans FtM

Quote Originally Posted by AdityaMookerjee View Post
    To master HOI3, it is imperative that one reads the manual. I have read the original HOI3 manual, but not the Semper-Fi Manual. I must get around to doing it. What about Das Irae G...? Does it have a manual? I have the mod.
    Havent read a single HOI/EU manual.

I did the HOI3 tutorial. After that its trial and error plus forum. Plus a little wiki at start.

Plus the AI isnt too tough, so after a half dozen screwed up games, you can really just play a story. Its not like you MUST know how to edge 100% effectiveness out of everything just to win as one of the big players.

Bit it is a really fun way to play the game. You can get hilarious stuff happening. OK im Germany and im waiting for the Soviet moloch to attack me (keeps sending old infantry divisions to the eastern front since mechanized is the new hotness).

Corporal
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jbarradale View Post

Hmmm.
    I have same issue. I understand it is because i've only registered SF and HTM. I purchased every HOI3 "product" there is via an Impulse sale a few weeks back. Upon installing the game, i find the HOI3 has disappeared (thus no rego number available). FTM etc still work fine, but it seems like FTM has effectively overwritten HOI3. I installed HOI3, then sprites, then SF, then Dies Irae, then FTM. Seriously, HOI3 is disappeared... really weird.

Edit: is there a way to obtain the serial from within the game?
    Last edited by robbiow; 24-08-2011 at 14:30. Reason: adding the point

Quote Originally Posted by robbiow View Post
    I have same issue. I understand it is because i've only registered SF and HTM. I purchased every HOI3 "product" there is via an Impulse sale a few weeks back. Upon installing the game, i find the HOI3 has disappeared (thus no rego number available). FTM etc still work fine, but it seems like FTM has effectively overwritten HOI3. I installed HOI3, then sprites, then SF, then Dies Irae, then FTM. Seriously, HOI3 is disappeared... really weird.

Edit: is there a way to obtain the serial from within the game?
    contact impulse.

Quote Originally Posted by TerminusStop View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is new, I don't remember anything happening when you mouse'd over your flag in SF. Anyway, very convenient way to see all your countries modifiers.

That is really nice indeed. The more tooltips the better.

One place that could do with some additional tooltips is the production screen modifiers that affect IC cost and build time. Since there are a number of sources that can affect these (e.g. IC efficiency, policy settings, practical score and now also strategic resources) it would be great to see how all these modifiers work together to create the final cost. Just a thought for the next patch

Cool Oh Noes!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarayakat View Post
    Here's a good tip I haven't seen anywhere else.

Paraphrasing Darkrenown from another thread:

How to remove the fractured govt. modifier - It's due to parties wanting cabinet seats. Check the popularity graph on the politics screen ( the tooltip will note how many cabinet positions are desired by each party) and assign ministers as needed.
    I had NO idea. Is that in a manual somewhere?
    Of course, the condition satisfying candidates for filling the positions may be worse
    than the fracture penalty.

Thumbs up Cash and Carry

Quote Originally Posted by Der Bismarck View Post
    Would it be possible to have an ongoing, downloadable - electronic manual that would be comprehensive, thorough, explanatory & updated as things are patched, features added and things change???
    They could always make it DLC. If it was REALLY detailed and up to date, I would most
    likely pay for it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast