+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: FTM - Did you know this?

Studio Manager Paradox Dev Team Johan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries

FTM - Did you know this?

- You can scroll the map by holding down the middle mousebutton.

- The breakthrough combat event is very good to reduce attack delay after combat.

- Mud now declines quite alot slower, and only accumulates when above -5.

- You can set continous orders to start at a later date, instead of just immediately.

Johan Andersson
    Studio Manager at Paradox Development Studio AB - Follow me at Twitter!

"A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!"

For our Patching and Expansion Policy, read here...

Read here why EU4 requires steam!

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourLeviathan: WarshipsSemper Fi
    CK2: Holy Knight500k club

Tidbits! Give us more tidbits!
    ztanz wrote:
    Dakk made me laugh, I love this forum <3

By breakthrough combat do you mean the breakthrough tech?

Quote Originally Posted by geezafrombrum View Post
    By breakthrough combat do you mean the breakthrough tech?
    Combat event

Give more tidbits please! The four already is great, and I dont wanna read thru 100s of threads or a manual or whatnot. One-line information like this is just superb!

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Johan View Post

- The breakthrough combat event is very good to reduce attack delay after combat.

- You can set continous orders to start at a later date, instead of just immediately.
    Is there an explanation for the "tidbits" which aren't self-explanatory? Some documentation for FtM and tidbits would be fantastic.

AHOI-Mod Series Developer Demi Moderator Chromos's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club

Blog Entries

Smile

Hi Johan and thank you for the Infos.

I suggest pinning them or putting them into the FAQ section or..
    Put them in the manual..

But have a sticky here with ongoing tips would maybe the best solution..?

Kind regards,
    Chromos
    Former Game Developer East vs. West: - Lua AI / Political -
    AHOI-Mod - A Hearts of Iron 3 "Treasure Chest": Soon: Play WW-I up to the Cold War
    First AAR by me! -> Victory Ahoy! (A Let's Play AAR with AHOI-Mod-"Treasure-Chest")
    AHOI-Mod - Widescreen Mods (For std HoI3 from SF to TFH): See more at a glance/usable from 1280*768 on
    AHOI-Mod - Widescreen Mods (For other HoI3 Mods): See more with your fav mod -usable from 1280*768 on
    AHOI-Mod - Dynamic AI (For std HoI3 FTM): Play with an ai that is adjustible wih decsions
    Check my profile: Find out more info about HoI-III, modding and the AHOI-Mods

Oberkommando HOI4 Paradox Dev Team podcat's Avatar
    200k clubHoI AnthologyDiplomacyFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

If you missed one of my weekend mini diaries a super nice addition is that you can see supply status and if a unit is unorganized after an attack directly on the lower right corner on the counter. Yellow for disorganized and red for out of supply (or fuel)
    Reject reason to make the impossible possible!

HoI AnthologyEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Semper FiSengokuMount & Blade: Warband500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Dakk View Post
    Tidbits! Give us more tidbits!
    That's Titbits - only the puritans across the pond call them tidbits - eeyuch
    A moment enjoyed is never wasted.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourLeviathan: WarshipsSemper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Think Tank View Post
    That's Titbits - only the puritans across the pond call them tidbits - eeyuch
    I had no idea, and I'm a stickler for the Queens English.
    ztanz wrote:

Cities in MotionDeus VultFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi
    Sword of the Stars

FTM - Did you know this?
    Yup. (Except the last point...)
    GORDONCZ WORKS presents:

FINEST HOUR

Finest Hour is a large-scale mod created for Hearts of Iron 3. The main goal of this mod is to convert the game into a more authentic simulation of the World War 2 era. With its focus on accuracy, immersion and plausibility, Finest Hour will let you relive the history and change the future as you will lead your nation through the greatest conflict ever seen.
    • Entirely new map of the world
    • New graphical look of the interface
    • Completely reworked events and decisions
    go to websites / discuss on forum

I earlier versions of Hoi2 I think it was, mud used to be displayed as brown areas on the weather map. AFAIK that disappeared in Hoi3 or Semper Fi. Is it back in FTM?
    What does this button do? - a Semper Fi gameplay AAR (Germany, 1936) - World War II accidentally started on June 1, 1938 (dead)
    Turning Point: STALINGRAD - a 1942 campaign gameplay AAR here - the war begins on page 13! (dead)
    A World in Flames - an international DDA 1.1 1936 AAR Index in the first post (dead)

"You mean now we can't say 'Hello, we're French spies' to strangers on the street like we used to?"
    - Furstner in The Popular Front by Prufrock451

Lead Artist Paradox Dev Team Aerie's Avatar

Best feature

"Being nice gets you a lot further."

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisHoi 2 BetaEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Aerie View Post
    Best feature

Artists . . .sheesh!
    But actually it is cool, once you remember that it's there!
    HOI2, HOI3, Semper Fi, For the Motherland: Dirigierender Chefredakteur, Buchhalter der Rohstoffe
    Victoria - Revolutions: Fabrikknecht
    EU3: Reichskanzler
    Pride of Nations: Staatssekretär des Kolonialamtes
    CK2: Ausgebildeter (!) Lehrling

Hearts of Iron III

Have to have a middle mouse button first. Maybe it's time to change my mouse button mappings...
    'I thought we could do it without anyone getting hurt. By using our brains.'
    'Can't. History don't work like that. Blood first, then brains.'
    'Mountains of skulls,' said Truckle.
    'There's got to be a better way than fighting,' said Mr Saveloy.
    'Yep. Lots of 'em. Only none of 'em work.'

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Modo View Post
    Have to have a middle mouse button first. Maybe it's time to change my mouse button mappings...
    "clicking" on your mouse wheel is the general set-up for a middle mouse button these days.
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

HOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

there is a new setting available that will be useful sometimes. if you change debug_saves in settings.txt to a number (1 for every month. 0 means off) it will automatically create saves that dont get overwritten by newer ones like regular autosaves. useful if you want a record of a long game, although it uses quite a lot of disk space with all those saves so mostly useful for AAR writers and modders.

200k clubHoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossLost Empire - ImmortalsMajesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by podcat View Post
    there is a new setting available that will be useful sometimes. if you change debug_saves in settings.txt to a number (1 for every month. 0 means off) it will automatically create saves that dont get overwritten by newer ones like regular autosaves. useful if you want a record of a long game, although it uses quite a lot of disk space with all those saves so mostly useful for AAR writers and modders.
    Now THAT is nice

Quote Originally Posted by podcat View Post
    Sweet! So, if I put a 3 there, I have will have a quarterly save that will not be overwritten? How does it stack/function with the settings in-game (as in; will I still have normal autosave capability that overwrites)?
    ztanz wrote:

Quote Originally Posted by Dakk View Post
    Sweet! So, if I put a 3 there, I have will have a quarterly save that will not be overwritten? How does it stack/function with the settings in-game (as in; will I still have normal autosave capability that overwrites)?
    it replaces normal autosave settings

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast