• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Poland can into space?

I cant colonise as I dont border the Horde

Ah, of course. For the future it might come in handy, but you're right.

so isnt it better to lose 5 prestige instead of huge shacks of lithuanian territory?

This is a point: might be worth checking now and again if they'd accept a Concede Defeat. If rebels start popping up, or Muscowy fight back effectively, you might be able to get them to accept.

so isnt it better to lose 5 prestige instead of huge shacks of lithuanian territory?
Probably but as my Prestige is very low a cencession of defeat equals a broken union with Lithuania, If Lithuania collapses it will be a lot easier to control.

Poland can into space?
WHAT does that mean.

Charge!!!

Chapter 4

Adversety thou art Golden

Througout the later hald of 1415 Poland was occupied with trying to replenish the massive losses suffered at Poltava. It was slow going for the recruiters as there simply weren´t any able men left. Thus the Principality of Muscovy decides to attempt to expand at the expense of Lithuania.

With Austria and The Teutons waging war on eachother the Knights and Hungary decline the call to arms but Austria honours. This affair was remarkably similar to the Novgorodian war. A Status que ante Bellum is signed in November 1416.

The desperate struggle against the horde drags on, only made more deperate by the pressence of large rebel forces in many Lithuanian towns and villages. To make matters worse (as if that was possible) General Zygfryd dies during the siege of Kiev. The hordes garrison makes fierce resistance and sorties in swift and brutal attacks. The once careful Zygfryd hurls himself into the melee and is eventualy struck by a saber. Effectively splitting his skull.

During this time of hardship the Duke of Moldavia dies and his domain becomes an integral part of the Kingdom of Poland. (Chance of annexation: Very Likely)

At this point an envoy from the Horde arrives at Stanislavs castle in Krakow. He carries the offer that all Poland has to do for peace is acknowledge the superiority of the horde over the western powers. The mearly 17 year old Stanslaw is hard pressed by highly influential nobles who persuade him to accept. Stating thet such a concession will mean nothing. (Poland concedes defeat)

The Lithuanian Disaster.

With the peacetreaty signed Stanislaw starts making preparations for an offensive against the many rebel factions in Lithuania. However before he can set off disaster strikes. Lithuania shatters into 4 states. The Principality of Polotsk, the Principality of Smolensk, The Tribal Kingdom of Ukraine and the Kingdom of Lithuania. Only the province of Volhynia stays loyal to Poland, Volhynian nobles raise the Polish banner on their castles.

Once again the poles refuse to acknowledge Lithuania as a kingdom and declares war with the intent of deposing the Lithuanian king and restore the union. The decisive (and only) battle of the war stands outside Vilna. 17 year old Stanislaw captures the entire Lithuanian army while only loosing two Polish soldiers.

Meanwhile a minor revolt takes place in Budjak, Moldavia. It is dealt with easily.

The Union is Swiftly restored.

Stanislaw wovs to himself to one day restore all former Lithuanian territories the the Polish crown, however now more then ever Poland needs rest. Unfortunatley Prince Henryk dies when his Horse slips on a muddy field while hunting rabbits. Henryks neck snapps like a twig.

Counting our losses and licking our wounds

In an effort to restore the Polish military King Stanislaws orders Armories to be built in every major Polish city. Stanislaw draw up a plan to begin in the north and move south as money becomes available. Also Stanislaws wife, a Lithuanian Princess whos name has been lost to history gives birth to a son. The son is named Henryk.

Meanwhile the Austrian-Teutonic war comes to a conclusion. Austria claims Estland, Livland, Kurland and Samogitia (Really?? Paradox needs to make a patch to stop silly peace deals)

Its going to be a turbulent and stormy night

In December 1420 Stanislavs ambition is cut short as he one day drinks to much wine and takes an evening walk on the ramparts of his mighty castle. The guards finds his body floating in the moat the next morning.

To be continued.

PS: yes the title of the final part is a refference to the regency period in Chris Taylors amazing England AAR: Porta Atlanticum, Portus Classis

Last edited:
You should have a Horde CB on Ukraine, so that should be a cheap way to expand a bit :)

And something tells me that Polotsk won't sit still and do nothing, so with a warning you should be able to take them down too without too much problem :)

Wow! You've sure had some bad luck, but it makes for an interesting read! I've wanted to try my hand at Poland, but they always seem to get eaten up from all sides. Great job so far, and hang in there!

Well I just played whats going to be the next part, and I dodged more bullets then I can count in it.

Next "Poland can into..." joker will find a Husaria Lance in a very uncomfortable place!