• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
as i said before, i work all Alone, and " changing " the russian government it's not a primary objective for gameplay :) if at you it look so " stupid" change it and sent me the "modified " part :)
i'm workin' on make it only english and fixing the balkans and the korean situation.

i've to say this.

That's Not the Rise of Mankind i've thinked for those 3 years. i'm workin on the right version, with the right Map, and the right faction, this is Just a porting, to make you "used" to the new unit sistem and the AI.
Please, wait.

nope. it's quite diffirent in units, economy, Ia, and other things ( this version. ) the new version will be more, and more Different.
i can't change the tech tree, because i don't know how to do it, so the tree will remain the one of the mds 1.4

Just played it, your right it IS different.
However a lot of leaders are not showing. So I'll reinstall now

I know how to change the tech tree, it's easy, but time consuming. Probably best to out/crowdsource it. Best way to modify the tech tree is to start each one from scratch if you want to make changes that aren't cosmetic (Ex. stat changes). I can walk you through it if you need, PM me.

Just played it, your right it IS different.
However a lot of leaders are not showing. So I'll reinstall now

is a problem? there's something Wrong? i've made some error? ( at my opinion it's quite more hard and better balanced. )
Limith, i don't check the Pm. Out/crow what? XD i'm not from england, i simply want to change the type of troops and the doctrines :)

Do you need any help with the mod?

I should make a modding pdf guide...

How to mod tech tree:

Step 1:
Plan your tech tree page.
*I do this by messing around with the background image of a tech tree page and visualizing where everything will go. Then I create a new tech tree background.

Step 2:
Prepare
*Download Notepad++, it makes life way easier.
*Tech trees are in <Mods>\db\tech\
*Tech descriptions can be in any csv (<Mods>\config\)
*Tech images are in <Mods>\gfx\interface\tech
*Tech teams are in <Mods>\db\
*Tech component icons are in <Mods>\gfx\interface\tc_icons.bmp
*Tech component names can be found in <Mods>\config\tech_names.csv

Step 3:
Understand the Basics
c2a6a614d85f70a027b08b57d3b361f4ee0d5bc04a38795f6a44f90cff75b36f6g.jpg

Techs start with:
Code:
technology =
{ id          = #Tech Id Number (don't modify)
  category    = #Tech category (affects minister bonuses only, does not change layout on tech screen)
  name        = #String name for tech
  desc        = #String description for tech
...... # Techs
} # Make sure to have an ending!!!
Each technology and component has a unique ID. Labels do not need an id.
Code:
label = { # Labels start with this
  tag      = LAND_LABEL_1 #String of the label name.
  position = { x = 2 y = 2 } #This is the x and y position based on the top left corner being (0,0).
  }

# It is a good idea to put the name of the tech here
  application = # This is a "tech"
  { id        = 6000 #Each tech id needs to be unique. Tech ids and components cannot have the same id or the game will crash/error!!!
    name      = LAND_TECH_1_1_1 #Choose whatever naming system you want. It is a good idea to choose one different from the default system in case the game overrides your string. This saves you time in finding the old string and deleting it.
  # Note that you also need to create a SHORT_<String name> version of your tech name. The short name is the one that shows up when viewing the tech tree. The normal name is the one that shows up on the tooltip.
}
Know how to position your techs.
Code:
    position  = { x = 1 y = 18 }
#Generally, I have my tech trees go down and I organize the techs so they are by type. Techs should be spaced 110 x away from each other at a minimum. Techs should be spaced 18 y down from each other at a minimum.
#It is a good idea to start a few coordinates away from 0,0.
#You can edit techs and have the game open at the same time. Simply load as a country, go to the tech page and preview your tech modifications. Then alt+tab, make any changes, and reload inside the game (new game) and the tech tree will update (change in graphics will not update, labels do not update properly). showxy doesn't give you the x or y coords easily (some math is needed), so this is the best way.
Pictures should be labeled based on your tech id (application id). The year the tech is available modifies research speed.
Code:
    picture   = "DH16040"
    year      = 1949
Components come afterward. You should limit yourself to 7 or less required components on a tech, although the engine will support more. It simply won't show up properly on screen.
Code:
    # ?
    component = { 
        id = 60001 #Again, your tech component id should be unique. I used a system of adding 1/2/3/4/5 to the back of the id. The default system uses 6000 for tech id, and 6001, 6002, 6003, 6004, 6005 for the component ids. Again, whatever system you use is up to you. Make sure to plan accordingly so your tech ids make easy logical sense so setting up starting techs in scenarios is easier.
        name = LAND_CMP_1_1_1_1 
        type = combined_arms_focus #You can look in tech_names.csv for valid types.
        difficulty = 4 
       #double_time = yes is no longer needed since the engine now simply doubles the difficulty value. Just put in a higher difficulty value.
    }
Requirements come in two flavors. An or requirement (any of the techs = unlocked) and an and requirement (all of the techs required).
Code:
or_required = {
#simply put tech ids
}
require = {
#simply put tech ids
}
Effects are any valid event commands (you can find a list in <root>\db\events\event_commands.txt).
Code:
		command = { type = max_organization which = land value = 5 }
	        command = { type = surprise which = land value = 5 }
		command = { type = morale which = land value = 5 }
		command = { } # This is the same as "no immediate effect"
Valid model names/division/brigade types is the name of the division file in <Mods>\db\units\. Ex. mountain division is bergsjaeger.
You can also call events inside the tech effects section.
Collapsing and folding code sections in Notepad++ Makes editing tech trees considerably easier (if you comment the tech name at the start/outside of the fold so it still shows up) which is why I recommended you download it. I set the language type to Java since there's none for Europa.

Step 4: MOD!

Step 5: Troubleshooting
*Freezing during loading is due to stray or incorrect coding. Ex. if you use ctrl+s for save, sometimes if you didn't press ctrl, it might have saved an 's' randomly somewhere. Incorrect closing of parenthesis is another possibility.
*Game crashes upon opening a tech tree is due to tech id problems.

Last edited: