• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I really like Ireland games in Vanilla, let's see how you do in MEIOU, good luck with forming your new country!

I'm enjoying this. With a lot of luck I once managed your goal in an early version of EU3. I can tell you from recent experience that there is indeed much wealth to be had in trade if you do it right. I've been a fan of AAR's since EU2 and I've always planned on writing one. Quite a few pottentially good ones never made it but you'll be seeing me soon from a very different Emerald Isle.

Nice start. Good luck. One of my favorite things to do as a bigger rival to England is to free Ireland or hand off part of the island to a minor Irish ally. In fact, as France I just freed Leister in a peace with the English and Wales and Cornwall went in the deal for free. But I don't know if the AI gives out provinces to its smaller allies like I do.