• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Not even remotely close.

TAC/ENG = 9
Tactics-1 (Launch Scout)

Leadership-2 (Executive Order)
Leadership-2 (Major Victory)
Leadership-4 (Declare Emergency)
Leadership-6 (State of Emergency)
Politics-2 (Consolidate Power)
Politics-3 (Investigative Committee)
Treachery-1 (Broadcast Location)
Treachery-1 (By Your Command)
Treachery-2 (Special Destiny)
Treachery-3 (Sabotage)

1 - 26 = -25 FAIL!

EL with "Show Their True Nature: The Cylons have won and either you are in the Brig/Detention or you have been executed at least once."
Jopi and Kiwi as regular cylons win.

Some post game.

Jopi....that assassination was very important. Jopi also got from his last draw two 6's Also on that note, here is the VERY next quorum card.

EULOGY

Action: If at least 1 Morale has been lost by a character being executed, gain +1 Morale. Then discard this card.

If Kiwi had taken some other action the humans for sure would have been at 2 morale before any further crisis assuming SBR went quorum diving again. Zarek never got his OPG out either. 5,8,9 quorum cards later are all inspirational speeches. Unlikely but workable to get to.

BUUUUUUUT

Here are the next destinations.
Tylium Planet

Distance 1
Lose 1 Fuel. The Admiral may risk 1 raptor to roll a die. On a 3+, gain 2 Fuel. Otherwise, destroy one raptor.
Cylon Refinery

Distance 2
Lose 1 Fuel. The Admiral may risk 2 vipers to roll a die. If 6+, gain 2 Fuel. Otherwise, damage 2 vipers.

Tylium Planet

Distance 1
Lose 1 Fuel. The Admiral may risk 1 raptor to roll a die. On a 3+, gain 2 Fuel. Otherwise, destroy one raptor.

Desolate Moon

Distance 3
Lose 3 Fuel.

If there wasn't enough fuel somehow for the desolate moon jump the next 2

Derelict Basestar

Distance 2
Lose 1 Fuel. Then place 2 civilian ships in DELTA and 1 basestar in ALPHA. Damage the basestar once.
Cylon Ambush

Distance 3
Lose 1 Fuel. Then place 1 basestar and 3 raiders in sector ALPHA and 3 civilian ships in sector DELTA.

Next crisis, all would be post jump if fleet had survived.

CYLON ATTACK: Ambush

1. Launch Nukes
2. Setup: ALPHA: 4 Raiders CHARLIE: 1 Civilian Ship DELTA: 1 Basestar, 4 Raiders ECHO: 2 Vipers, 1 Civilian Ship FOXTROT: 1 Civilian Ship
3. Special Rule - Training New Pilots: Until the next jump, all unmanned vipers have -2 to their attack rolls.

CRISIS: Suspicious Election Results

Admiral Chooses:
Give President title to character (aside from current President) highest in the line of sucession
OR
Admiral discards 1 random Skill Card and draws 1 Treachery Card

POST CRISIS: Activate Raiders, NO JUMP PREP

CRISIS: Build Cylon Detector

Admiral Chooses:
-1 nuke token
OR
-1 Morale and the Admiral discards 2 skill cards

Post-Crisis: Activate Heavies, NO JUMP PREP

CRISIS: Cylon Virus

Skill check: TAC/ENG = 13
PASS: No Effect
FAIL: All characters in FTL Control move to Sickbay. Then place 1 Centurion marker at the beginning of the Boarding Track.

Post Crisis: Launch Raiders, NO JUMP PREP

CRISIS: Water Shortage

President Chooses:
-1 Food
OR
the President discards 2 Skill Cards, then the current player discards 3 Skill Cards

Post-Crisis: Launch Nukes, +1 Jump Prep

CRISIS: Send Survey Team

Current Player Chooses
Skill check: TAC/PIL/ENG = 15
PASS: No Effect
FAIL: The current player is sent to Sickbay and destroy one raptor.

OR

Roll a die. If 5 or lower, -1 Fuel

Post Crisis: Activate Raiders, +1 Jump Prep

CRISIS: A Verdict of Guilty

Admiral Chooses:
Current player is executed and the Admiral discards 3 Skill Cards
OR
Damage Galatica twice

POST CRISIS: Launch Nukes, +1 Jump Prep

CRISIS: Rescue Caprica Survivors

President Chooses
-1 Fuel, -1 Food, +1 Population
OR
-1 Morale

Post Crisis: Activate Raiders, +1 Jump Prep

CRISIS: Informing the Public

Current Player Chooses:
Skill check: POL/LEA = 7
Pass: Current player looks at one loyalty card belonging to any player.
FAIL: -2 Morale

OR

Roll a die. On a 4 or less, -1 pop, -1 morale.

Post Crisis: Activate Raiders, +1 jump prep

CRISIS: Standoff with Pegasus

Skill check: POL/LEA/TAC/PIL = 22
PASS: Current player may move 1 character from the Brig to any other location
FAIL: -1 Population -1 Morale and damage 1 Viper in space

POST CRISIS: Launch Raiders, NO JUMP PREP

Next super crisis to be drawn was

SUPER CRISIS: Massive Assault
1. Activate Heavies, Launch Nukes
2. Setup: BRAVO: Basestar, 4 Raiders CHARLIE: Basestar, 2 Raiders, 1 Heavy ECHO: Viper, 2 Civilian Ships FOXTROT: Viper, 2 Civilian Ships
3. -2 Jump Prep

Hahaha, my launch scout was the only positive card. Wow.

We got pretty damn unlucky with our quorum draws. :-/ But then we needed a lot of luck to be able to pull out 4 distance with only 2 morale. Upcoming crises were hardly great. And Jopi made nice use of Cally's abilities - she makes a really scary cylon!

I agree with Kiwi that the cylon leader being able to draw from the hostile agenda deck proved to be really unbalancing, even if neither regular cylon showed up until the sleeper phase. There were three full cylons out of six players, and the cylons will win an even fight pretty much every time. Of course, in retrospect executing E_L was a huge mistake, but he did seem fairly trustworthy at that point.

How about a no-sympathizer Ionian Nebula game next?

Last edited:
It was going alright for the colonials right up till when the sleeper phase hit, I think. Then you got piled on by an evil cylon leader, Jopi and my reveal all at once. It was all about applying pressure in too many places for you to do anything about it - do you deal with the raiders, or the cylon on board, or the morale, or... With three people drawing against you, I don't think there was anything you could have done about it given the cards.

The quorum cards were pretty interesting. My first three were Encourage Mutiny, Arrest Order and Execute a Prisoner, much to j-L and my amusement. I could have done all sorts of interesting things if you hadn't stripped me of the presidency right after I woke up in the sleeper phase.

As for next game, I'm keen, as long as it's not another rule mash-up. It's hard enough learning a game, without having to remember which part of which rule books apply :)

Hitting exactly four distance is pretty much the worst for the humans. Surviving a minimum of three jump cycles against three cylons was incredibly unlikely, no matter what else went wrong.

Kiwi, you did really well for your first game! I know the rules can get confusing with multiple expansions and questionable rules conflicts. Congrats on your victory. :)

Good game. Grats on the win Cylons :)

A few take aways:

- Games with cylon leaders are just .. meh. Especially if that puts half the players on team Evil. 2 cylons is bad enough, 3 is just insane.
- I still believe the "no PM rule until cylons have revealed themselves" rule is exactly the wrong way around.

Ideally we would run 2 games of 5 as that seems most balance. Maybe we could TRY the 7 player variant if we have enough players since 10 will probably push it since we also need 2 GMs. 6 doesn't quite seem balanced as well. I could run a pegasus only rules 5 person game if we have enough players but nothing with any exodus rules at all. Any tiny extra bit of confusion for me and the players makes it that much harder and I am gming WW big atm on top of other duties here.

Ideally 2 games of 5 so long as they have different destinations. I am guessing we lack 10 people though?

If that's two GMs, you also have me signed up, so you'd need nine more to finish off the lists.

If that's two GMs, you also have me signed up, so you'd need nine more to finish off the lists.
Each GM could play in the other game if they want to and have time. Time being key no doubt.

A belated thank you to j-L for hosting! Cally is an excellent character to play as unrevealed Cylon. Which I naturally didn't consider when picking her... And I had probably the best hand ever in the end:

hand said:
Politics-2 (Consolidate Power)
Leadership-4 (Declare Emergency)
Tactics-5 (Critical Situation)
Engineering-2 (Repair)
Engineering-2 (Jury Rigged)
Treachery-3 (Sabotage)
Treachery-1 (By Your Command)
Treachery-2 (Special Destiny)

Politics-0 (Red Tape)
Leadership-6 (State of Emergency)
Tactics-2 (Launch Scout)
Engineering-6 (Build Nuke)
Engineering-0 (Establish Network)

The last two ENG cards were a nice bomb to throw into a check, whereas the TAC 5 card was essential to get out of the brig. Also Red Tape and State of Emergency would have been good cards to spike a check. As long as the humans are busy enough with other things, there're many advantages to not revealing.

I'm up for another game, if we're short on players.

Not putting the thread up now but feel free to sign up here as it will be up in the next 12-48 hours.

Rules will be Pegasus with no Exodus except for characters. 5 players, no cylon leaders. Kobol destination.

So yes I am gming another. Anyone wants to run any exodus game or a new caprica game is still free to do so.

Not putting the thread up now but feel free to sign up here as it will be up in the next 12-48 hours.

Rules will be Pegasus with no Exodus except for characters. 5 players, no cylon leaders. Kobol destination.

So yes I am gming another. Anyone wants to run any exodus game or a new caprica game is still free to do so.

I will be in that game, and if we think we have enough people, I will be willing to host a game to New Caprica with Exodus, and I am certain that the rules allow for a person to only be one or the other.

Its just like WW lite and WW big. People can be in both, the games just need to be definitively different from one another which the destination and rule differences are. Not sure how many we have that would even want to be in two BSG games though. :D

I'll play.

Its just like WW lite and WW big. People can be in both, the games just need to be definitively different from one another which the destination and rule differences are. Not sure how many we have that would even want to be in two BSG games though. :D

Well in that case, I will be taking signup in this thread as well, and I guess I will be hosting Season 11 along side Season 10?

It will be New Caprica with Exodus and I will let the players pick if they want a Cylon Leader or not. I host with however many we get that want to play, but do keep in mind that at 7, you need a Cylon Leader.