+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49

Thread: Precautions shouldn't be able to damage equipment

  1. #21
    Master of Orion delra's Avatar
    Commander: Conquest of the Americas

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Warsaw, Poland
    Posts
    24,109
    Blog Entries
    97
    Keeks your advice is good and I agree that there's too many recruits - but:

    At this point all non-prem PvP-ers have their PvP gear at 1/20 durability repairing items for 1T after each fight - so it makes no difference if they lose 1 or 20 units - they still have to pay that extra Tribute every game even if they are skilled enough to not lose their troops otherwise. Because of that one stupid precaution.

    Brandt admiting in the chat that he's making them lose their Tribute on purpose (this precaution really doesn't give anything else) or removing his orbs/scrolls so he no longer drops superiors knowing he's certain to lose isn't really a fair play example either.

    Maybe COOs shouldn't be harsh like this but seriously, they feel exploited on purpose and it'd be nice if the problem was adressed somehow for the future eras - for the sake of DG activity alone.

    Because of your relative inactivity this era - maybe you have no idea how much positive influence Klaaj, Tryrion, Rethulion and other COOs have on the DG in the game despite their lack of premium/T - how many people they trained inside their CV and - imagine that - outside of it. If we let premiums use one silly exploit to bully them out - we lose as a community and we should be smarter than that.
    Last edited by delra; 28-06-2011 at 11:29.
    "Our officers of cavalry have acquired a trick of galloping at everything. They never consider the situation, never think of manoeuvring before an enemy, and never keep back or provide a reserve."

    "I didn’t want to change society. I wanted to give society a chance to determine if it should change itself."

    "Jeszcze będzie przepięknie."

  2. #22
    First Lieutenant Keeks's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    ,Czech Republic
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by delra View Post
    At this point all non-prem PvP-ers have their PvP gear at 1/20 durability repairing items for 1T after each fight - so it makes no difference if they lose 1 or 20 units - they still have to pay that extra Tribute every game even if they are skilled enough to not lose their troops otherwise. Because of that one stupid precaution.
    I'm aware of the situation, but again, with few soldiers in, the chance the prec will fail raises. With lots of recruits you can be almost sure some of your units will die that way. And you dont need 30 squads to PvP, 10 should be more than enough.

    I'd actually agree with the point of this topic, that units killed by precs shouldnt damage gear, but as the topic was pointed against premium players once again (not by you in first place, but doesnt matter in result) I had to speak out.

    Brandt admiting in the chat that he's making them lose their Tribute on purpose (this precaution really doesn't give anything else) or removing his orbs/scrolls so he no longer drops superiors knowing he's certain to lose isn't really a fair play example either.
    Brandt behaves like little kid, Stelles sometimes does too (depends which one of its players is logged at that point). Thats the issue of player maturity, not really by game design. And lot of PvPers reduce their level under certain point, if its easy to do (you cant really reduce from like 40 to 34 without firing lots of ppl), as its still competitive game, and you are not supposed to give out better trophies just for the feel. Back in first eras, PvP level was affected by followers a lot, and you could really control which trophy you'll drop. Now its almost impossible, unless you're close to level border. I'd call this rather strategy, than system abuse.

    Because of your relative inactivity this era - maybe you have no idea how much positive influence Klaaj, Tryrion, Rethulion and other COOs have on the DG in the game despite their lack of premium/T - how many people they trained inside their CV and - imagine that - outside of it. If we let premiums use one silly exploit to bully them out - we lose as a community and we should be smarter than that.
    Yep, I had my times like that too, dont worry. Used to pm my oponents what they did wrong in pvp, talk about it, used to have unranked to test fights...ask ie Fly, he was awful PvPer when we first met :P He is still awful, but not that much ) Its just that I like to help, but currect community discourages me to do anything. Even that I like my own CV a lot..

  3. #23
    Master of Orion delra's Avatar
    Commander: Conquest of the Americas

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Warsaw, Poland
    Posts
    24,109
    Blog Entries
    97
    but currect community discourages me to do anything
    I wish you defined why's that.
    "Our officers of cavalry have acquired a trick of galloping at everything. They never consider the situation, never think of manoeuvring before an enemy, and never keep back or provide a reserve."

    "I didn’t want to change society. I wanted to give society a chance to determine if it should change itself."

    "Jeszcze będzie przepięknie."

  4. #24
    Corporal

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    , United States
    Posts
    24
    Keeks.. Its not against Premium.. Its more like: "hey! there are 3 precautions that disable gear.. none of them gets even near the damage Genocyde does AFTER the match.. , thats sure to work as intended? " with less recruits, you say, would get other use and with small amount of kills etc.. but them again, thats you suposing it WILL be fixed? are you sure it will? cause I am not, and If its not, maybe correcting the gear decay in precautions like genocyde is a must, dont you agree?

  5. #25
    Dreamlords Moderator

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    134
    It is already been fixed with the new recruitment system ( which went bugged on the start ).

  6. #26
    Corporal xxzodiacxx01's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    La Plata, Argentina
    Posts
    33

    Mmmm

    I will just say this: Today i fought 6, 7 times and lost 175-210 tribute (don't remember, but had 500 all era, and it dropped below 300). The only thing i do with tribute is repair, and I don't buy tribute. Maybe increasing the daily tribute gift? 20 is "useless" >.<. Using free tribute in the early game to get workers, buy some stuff (low lvl items aren't so expensive), maybe some Dreamlord gear, will surely make people want to buy more expensive stuff when they've decided they actually like the game. So, offering less expensive stuff in the altar of cynos for lower lvl players - and more expensive things for higher lvls - will attract more players-buyers, if you ask me C:. Besides, restricting some aspects of the game (like dl gear) only to people who pay is not nice. And I won't "contribute" - pay - until someone fixes this.

    Oh, and sry for my English - don't understand, ask
    Last edited by xxzodiacxx01; 03-07-2011 at 23:27.

  7. #27
    First Lieutenant Keeks's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    ,Czech Republic
    Posts
    257
    @zodiac: used to be 10, be happy about those 20

    If your grear gets broken, you can either repair it (and use tribute), or get some new (and use soul gems). Just easy. Tribute is not out there to be free, but to keep the game alive. And tbh, fast converting etc is where lots of tribute goes (it took about 15-20k to fast convert and undepress this era). Giving more free will just mean less players will pay. And its not true only tribute players can have DL gear...its sold on market

  8. #28
    Dreamlords Moderator Necrullz's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCommander: Conquest of the AmericasElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty 2Victoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    London,United Kingdom
    Posts
    466
    In addition to Keeks post, don't know how you can complain that DL gear is only restricted to tribute-paying players especially at the moment when world's dusk is on and you get FREE corrupters gear.
    *wiggles* AWWWWWWWW yeeeahhh I'm dowwnnn with the shiznits man, just ask mr popo what I'm on, *squeeks*

    First moderator of the Dreamlords Paradox forums, in-game moderator of Dreamlords:Resurrection

    Live by the sword, die by ours.- TCW

  9. #29
    Corporal xxzodiacxx01's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    La Plata, Argentina
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeks View Post
    @zodiac: used to be 10, be happy about those 20

    If your grear gets broken, you can either repair it (and use tribute), or get some new (and use soul gems) (1). Just easy. Tribute is not out there to be free, but to keep the game alive. And tbh, fast converting etc is where lots of tribute goes (it took about 15-20k to fast convert and undepress this era). Giving more free will just mean less players will pay (2). And its not true only tribute players can have DL gear...its sold on market (3)
    1- With 30 I'd be happier xD. Could help repairing charmed items, which I'm not willing to throw away (and they cost more to repair).

    2- True, but false. True because giving away tribute actually means the necesity to buy tribute would dissapear - false because there shouldn't be such necesity in a free game, and tribute should only be used to get advantages over players (and such advantages wouldn't dissapear giving away, let's say, 30 trib. Example:
    A paradoxal set (lvl2, not a high level set) costs 4999t - with 20t per day u 250 days; with 30t you need 167. Both insane, not to mention tribute is spent daily.
    A free trait point cost 500t - with 20t per day u need 25 days - with 30t 17 - 8 days (nothing) and, again, not counting tribute is daily spent.

    Those (dreamlord gear, tribute) are the advantages players paying should get. And they are not few. Repairing gear is something NECESARY - he who says it's not clearly doesn't PvP the way I do

    3- It's not only sold - you receive a Worshipers set. But the first are too expensive. The second are usefull - but up to some point. Gear ain't necesary to win - this was just a proposal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Necrullz View Post
    In addition to Keeks post, don't know how you can complain that DL gear is only restricted to tribute-paying players especially at the moment when world's dusk is on and you get FREE corrupters gear.
    I'm not complaining that DL gear is restricted to tribute-paying players - they should get their benefits after all! And I do not understand the highlited sentence - these is an event, I'm talking about the game function, two completely different thing. They were giving away free tribute and gear in WotW and prem as well - and we are not discussing that :S.

    All I suggest is what I think could be improved to benefit both the game developers and players - not silly complains about me not getting free stuff. And I have the feeling that some people don't know how to appreciate that. But, as you say, I won't complain.

    Oh, I'm MaxIVarA btw - need to change my nick .

  10. #30
    First Lieutenant Keeks's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    ,Czech Republic
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by xxzodiacxx01 View Post
    1- With 30 I'd be happier xD. Could help repairing charmed items, which I'm not willing to throw away (and they cost more to repair).

    2- True, but false. True because giving away tribute actually means the necesity to buy tribute would dissapear - false because there shouldn't be such necesity in a free game, and tribute should only be used to get advantages over players (and such advantages wouldn't dissapear giving away, let's say, 30 trib. Example:
    A paradoxal set (lvl2, not a high level set) costs 4999t - with 20t per day u 250 days; with 30t you need 167. Both insane, not to mention tribute is spent daily.
    A free trait point cost 500t - with 20t per day u need 25 days - with 30t 17 - 8 days (nothing) and, again, not counting tribute is daily spent.

    Those (dreamlord gear, tribute) are the advantages players paying should get. And they are not few. Repairing gear is something NECESARY - he who says it's not clearly doesn't PvP the way I do

    3- It's not only sold - you receive a Worshipers set. But the first are too expensive. The second are usefull - but up to some point. Gear ain't necesary to win - this was just a proposal.
    1/ yes, you'd be happier with 30, even more happy with 50, and even more with 500. Thats not really the point. Free tribute is there to give you taste what you can do with it, not to fulfill all your tribute needs

    2/ there is no necesity for you to buy tribute. You dont need to repair your equipment, do you? Are you really limited to that 1 set? Nope, you are not. And the fact, that you're not willing to give up on that equipment, is not game design flaw. Its an advantage to be able to repair gear, not a common thing.

    3/ yeah, worshippers set is the best gear ever Even with having over 100k tribute available, I love to use this set. But that is not the point

  11. #31
    Corporal xxzodiacxx01's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    La Plata, Argentina
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeks View Post
    1/ yes, you'd be happier with 30, even more happy with 50, and even more with 500 (1). Thats not really the point. Free tribute is there to give you taste what you can do with it, not to fulfill all your tribute needs

    2/ there is no necesity for you to buy tribute. You dont need to repair your equipment, do you? (2) Are you really limited to that 1 set? Nope, you are not (2/1-2). And the fact, that you're not willing to give up on that equipment, is not game design flaw. Its an advantage to be able to repair gear, not a common thing. (3)

    3/ yeah, worshippers set is the best gear ever(4) Even with having over 100k tribute available, I love to use this set. But that is not the point
    1- Yeah, exactly not the point. Everyone would be happy to receive 500 tribute - the "I'd be happier" was just a joke -.- - didn't know someone would actually take that seriously. What I'm saying is that T stops beign an advantage when it starts being a necesity - receiving 30t instead of 20t would be great to repair equipment after PvP, even for T buyers - so they can spend their tribute in those "advantages" we had talked about (gear, traits...). For example, after each fight, I need to repair my equipment. Let's just imagine I use 3 units only (FALSE) and repairing each item to 1/20 durability costs 1 (FALSE) - It'd take me 15 t each fight, and as Warlord, I fight way more than that. This is one of the reasons why most people just don't PvP. And if it once changed from being 10t to 20t, the reason must have had something to do with this :|

    2- Yes sir, I need to repair my equipment - thought this was clear -.-. I'm OAGs warlord, which means I need to win battles. And I'm always fighting high lvl players (matthjar, Trefort?, FooBar, AMFS), and they have great/superior charmed items - no exception. I can't go and attempt to win with my tanks wearing 1 vill/warlord/outlaw buckler! I just wouldn't win. And I can only play with those guys. Not to mention, item durability is 20 (it becomes useless if not repaired after 15-20 battles).

    3- As I said, it's and advantage until it starts being a necesity - and it's as common as breathing. Repairing items is just something that can't not happen in the life of a pvper. And although delra has shown he's more than willing to help his fellow CV mates, he couldn't, wouldn't - and I wouldn't accept if he could and offered >:C - repair my equipment.

    4- Worshippers set is more than great! I'm gonna charm my chest with the Corrupted Love (+4%). But again, that's not the point...
    Last edited by xxzodiacxx01; 04-07-2011 at 23:47.

  12. #32
    First Lieutenant Keeks's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    ,Czech Republic
    Posts
    257
    1/ no idea why the change was done, but it was definitely not for PvP. Maybe just to show players better demo of paid game But regardless of that - explain me, why system, that worked for few years, is supposed to be so flawed now? Back then even premiums lost durability in PvP, and nobody complained about using tribute for repair. Why is that so big issue now?

    2/ considering the name you posted, none of them is highlvl PvPer. I can beat charmed trefort anytime, with uncharmed equipment. No idea who matt and Foo are, and AMFS is just PvEr, no big deal in PvP :P You know, PvP is not only about eqipment, but mostly about how you play it. If you use assaults against infantry, no gear will save you.

    3/ its not necesity, its advantage. You dont need charmed gear to play good PvP. Relying on gear actualy degrades your PvP by a lot.

    4/ I have to disappoint you, but Worshippers gear cannot be charmed

  13. #33
    Dreamlords Moderator Necrullz's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCommander: Conquest of the AmericasElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty 2Victoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    London,United Kingdom
    Posts
    466
    I agree with Keeks, this has never been an issue before, why it is now suddenly I do not understand. There is something VERY important that you all need to understand, every action has a consequence, so do not do that action if you are not prepared for the consequence quite simply.

    Fighting in PvP yields durability loss, deal with it, that's really a minor thing, you can even spend the shards gained from the PvP match to buy new equips if you want, or find them on you're patria or dang, even just go to you're CV vault cause you're CV is either VERY inactive or a complete JOKE if it's active and does not have spare gear lying around.

    Agree more than I can say with number 3, Zero Armor pretty much proves that, he doesn't do PvE, has about 200 followers, no precs, no equips, t1 spells, and still goes on winning streaks vs the best, I hate to use him as a repeat example, but really, if he can do it, so can you, so do it!
    *wiggles* AWWWWWWWW yeeeahhh I'm dowwnnn with the shiznits man, just ask mr popo what I'm on, *squeeks*

    First moderator of the Dreamlords Paradox forums, in-game moderator of Dreamlords:Resurrection

    Live by the sword, die by ours.- TCW

  14. #34
    Master of Orion delra's Avatar
    Commander: Conquest of the Americas

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Warsaw, Poland
    Posts
    24,109
    Blog Entries
    97
    Did you read the thread?

    why it is now suddenly I do not understand
    Because ET on purpose and for no other advantage used this to blow up COO items because they couldn't win otherwise. They exploited the precaution that has no other use this era to drain COO out of T and push them out of DG/islands.

    That's what changed.

    if he can do it, so can you
    COO still win against Brandt even with their items blown. But the exploit remains and discourages non-prem people (which is almost everyone) from entering the DG damaging the game and the community in the long run.

    I was a bystander there - and I posted this thread having noticed how stupid this precautions are. Useless otherwise, only useful for malice and exploitation.
    "Our officers of cavalry have acquired a trick of galloping at everything. They never consider the situation, never think of manoeuvring before an enemy, and never keep back or provide a reserve."

    "I didn’t want to change society. I wanted to give society a chance to determine if it should change itself."

    "Jeszcze będzie przepięknie."

  15. #35
    Corporal xxzodiacxx01's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    La Plata, Argentina
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeks View Post
    1/ ino idea why the change was done, but it was definitely not for PvP (1). Maybe just to show players better demo of paid game But regardless of that - explain me, why system, that worked for few years, is supposed to be so flawed now? (2) Back then even premiums lost durability in PvP, and nobody complained about using tribute for repair. Why is that so big issue now? (3)

    2/ considering the name you posted, none of them is highlvl PvPer (a). I can beat charmed trefort anytime, with uncharmed equipment. No idea who matt and Foo are, and AMFS is just PvEr, no big deal in PvP (b) :P You know, PvP is not only about eqipment, but mostly about how you play it (c). If you use assaults against infantry, no gear will save you (d). (4)

    3/ its not necesity, its advantage. You dont need charmed gear to play good PvP. Relying on gear actualy degrades your PvP by a lot. (5)

    4/ I have to disappoint you, but Worshippers gear cannot be charmed (6)
    1- I did not mean it changed because of the PvP sistem - I meant that it started becoming a necesity to use tribute for some things - and I simply can't believe you did not understand.

    2- So many things to say: First of all, the sistem has never been perfect - It just got better and better. Why? Because of the players' suggestions and the developers' innovations. Second, the sistem has always been questioned in some aspects - again, to make the game better -, and has been adjusted over and over again, to work better.
    And again, sistem worked, so did Code of Hammurabi back on those days. But that doesn't mean it can not work better - after all, we are not using the Code of Hammurabi, are we?

    3- Perhaps people that spend $20 on premiun can afford to buy 1000t ($2 for regular customers). I actually don't care if people did not complain back then - I am, WE ARE, complaining now.

    4- a- This just makes it worse, as they actually win lots of matches. Also, it doesn't matter wheter they are high lvl PvPers or not - in your opinion, actually for me they are - the idea is clear.

    b- Again, this is just your opinion. Perhaps you are too good to play them?

    c- Gear is not a decisive factor - highly arguable - as skill or tactic/strategy. But I've never said that. What I've said is that it's a very important factor, especially when both players have similar skills. For example, in Airmodelism, the category in which is called F3A. To compete, you could use any model you want. Still, google F3A: all highly efficient airplanes. Even Pro's fly these. Back in game, I do not believe that if you are as skilled as you claim, you PvP with spendable gear. Being pro doesn't mean you have to play in disadvantage :|

    d- No, but same lvl/skill lvl Footmen fighting, and the winner will be the one wearing the greatest gear. Same lvl/skill lvl ranged, and the winner will be the one wearing the greatest gear. Same lvl/skill lvl Knights, and the winner will be the one wearing the greatest gear.
    Still, nobody is discussing that - this is actually the only reason I win some matches, as I'm a cavesman who started in the middle-late Era, when everybody had gear/equipment - at least villian stuff. Been waiting for more than twenty days for the beggining of the new era - one of the reasons I support the 1 month-length eras.

    5- You have already said that, and I've already explained you how this is not true. And relying ONLY on gear degrades your PvP a lot. But, again, we are not discussing that, and every top PvPer will not relly ONLY on gear.

    6- I cried when I read this
    I agree with Keeks, this has never been an issue before, why it is now suddenly I do not understand (1). There is something VERY important that you all need to understand, every action has a consequence, so do not do that action if you are not prepared for the consequence quite simply.

    Fighting in PvP yields durability loss, deal with it
    (2), that's really a minor thing, you can even spend the shards gained from the PvP match to buy new equips if you want, or find them on you're patria or dang, even just go to you're CV vault cause you're CV is either VERY inactive or a complete JOKE if it's active and does not have spare gear lying around. (3)

    Agree more than I can say with number 3, Zero Armor pretty much proves that, he doesn't do PvE, has about 200 followers, no precs, no equips, t1 spells, and still goes on winning streaks vs the best, I hate to use him as a repeat example, but really, if he can do it, so can you, so do it! (4)
    1- This delra has already explained, but I would like to add it's always been an issue to me. Having to rely on a paid service to PvP can't not be an issue.

    2- This is impolite, innacurate, and highly arguable - I'm surprised this is actually a moderator's post. First, you do not have to tell us every action has it's consequences, as this is something everyone knows - and you do not have the necesary authority, even being a moderator, to try to educate me. In other words, you are not my father - don't behave as if you were. I could accept this if I had behaved wrongly, though. But I haven't - I've been always polite and educated, even when replying nonsense. And to say deal with it is the opposite of what's been tried to acomplish in both this (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ove-island-PvP) and this (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...t-Ideas-Take-2) threads, which, I can say without worrying about being wrong, is what the whole comunity (even the developers) want to achieve. among other things.

    3- Charmed gear is not sold nor dropped in the patria. And replacing the entire equipment after 15-20 battles is something very difficult and unfair - impossible to do with charmed ones. And since charms are very valuable items, that provide ONE of the biggest advantages in PvP. they are very few, and only used by PvPers. Besides, they aren't just found everywhere - they are extremely hard to get and they are not just lying in the CV vault - not the better ones though, as the lowest are found in every serious CV. And I won't reply to the CV being either serious or a joke - I do not think if necesary, but believe, I WILL if I have to. Therefore, it's a necesity for every PvPer, and one of the reasons most people do not PvP. I remember even the great Tryryon once said that repairing his gear after each battle was the biggest of his difficulties in PvPing.

    4- He may be better than me. I just couldn't win with naked units - perhaps he's blessed? But again, this is the comunity's problem - not only mine's. Perhaps when saying these things, you should consider not everyone has the same skills, and we can not just adapt to the BEST PLAYER's need, like the president does not adapt to the rich people's needs. Poor people need to be heard as well. Neither of us would survive if so .
    Oh, by the way, ZeroArmor actually acknowledged it's a problem, though not for him. He also recognized "10x more people would PvP if the reward was something like 5 tribute or the winner had no durability lost".
    “Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.” Plato

    [OAG] MaxIVarA

  16. #36
    First Lieutenant Keeks's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    ,Czech Republic
    Posts
    257
    1/ re-read your post, you implied that change was done because of PvP. Or you failed in expressing whatever you wanted to say, doesnt matter actually

    2/ system is never perfect, but tell me, what would be the reson of being premium/buying tribute, if you could do everything as free player? That would lead to bankruptcy. As I've already once said, the system is fine, the community just needs to get used to it. Back then I played as non-premium, with fully charmed gear, and when it lost it durability, I just repaired few of those, and replaced rest. Even that I was mainly a PvEr, due to high PvP activity in game, good CV's could afford to supply PvErs with charms, and replace it after some time. But on the other hand, my units were not dying that much, it was like 1-2 dead per several PvPs. Sending them back to SH was really good practice all of you should learn.

    3,4/ well, premium players didnt complain, and neither did free players. Why would you complain that you cannot do something if you play for free? We've already cried a lot to remove all pay2win mechanisms (divine interventions in PvP, summons...), and there is none left. About my charms - this era I was PvPing quite rarely, I had like 1 basic charm to be able to use 3 ultimate items, and then about 3 superiors, which I used in last few PvPs in late era. Still, I have about 18 wins and 3 loses, and 1 lose was caused by bug (couldnt target over VL, and A-move was unusable in that situation). And even with non-charmed gear, if my paws cant 1v1 their assault, I just wont attack it 1v1, but will wait for 1v2. Its quite simple.

    5/ oh it is true, but nvm, wont go with head against the wall

  17. #37
    Master of Orion delra's Avatar
    Commander: Conquest of the Americas

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Warsaw, Poland
    Posts
    24,109
    Blog Entries
    97
    the system is fine, the community just needs to get used to it
    Community got used to the system by not entering PvP to not pay for it.
    "Our officers of cavalry have acquired a trick of galloping at everything. They never consider the situation, never think of manoeuvring before an enemy, and never keep back or provide a reserve."

    "I didn’t want to change society. I wanted to give society a chance to determine if it should change itself."

    "Jeszcze będzie przepięknie."

  18. #38
    Corporal xxzodiacxx01's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    La Plata, Argentina
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeks View Post
    1/ re-read your post, you implied that change was done because of PvP. Or you failed in expressing whatever you wanted to say, doesnt matter actually (1)

    2/ system is never perfect (2), but tell me, what would be the reson of being premium/buying tribute, if you could do everything as free player? (3) That would lead to bankruptcy. As I've already once said, the system is fine, the community just needs to get used to it (4). Back then I played as non-premium, with fully charmed gear, and when it lost it durability, I just repaired few of those, and replaced rest. Even that I was mainly a PvEr, due to high PvP activity in game, good CV's could afford to supply PvErs with charms, and replace it after some time. But on the other hand, my units were not dying that much, it was like 1-2 dead per several PvPs. Sending them back to SH was really good practice all of you should learn. (5)

    3,4/ well, premium players didnt complain, and neither did free players. Why would you complain that you cannot do something if you play for free? (6) ( We've already cried a lot to remove all pay2win mechanisms (divine interventions in PvP, summons...), and there is none left (7). About my charms - this era I was PvPing quite rarely, I had like 1 basic charm to be able to use 3 ultimate items, and then about 3 superiors, which I used in last few PvPs in late era. Still, I have about 18 wins and 3 loses, and 1 lose was caused by bug (couldnt target over VL, and A-move was unusable in that situation). And even with non-charmed gear, if my paws cant 1v1 their assault, I just wont attack it 1v1, but will wait for 1v2. Its quite simple. (8)

    5/ oh it is true, but nvm, wont go with head against the wall
    1- Yes, you are right. In fact, I was just about to change the sentece from Although I have to change my sentence from "must have had something to do with this" to "I wonder if this had something to do with the first" . But, as you say, this doesn't matter - it was just a commentary. Still, my bad :S

    2- Sistem is never perfect, but the closer to perfection the better My grandfather always said "perfection can't be achieved, but must be searched" - this itself justifies my position.

    3- Again, the reason for being tribute/buying tribute would be to have advantages NOT NECESARY for the game functioning. For example, waiting for workers in the early era is a necesity; paying to have them as unemployed is an advantage. Nobody is saying that everything should be free! Necesary aspects though, must - if not, it stops being a free game. And repairing is a necesary aspect, though not every PvPer uses it - for me, for being necesary doesn't have to apply for every player, as there will always be those Alexander's, unaffected by common problems that affect everyone else.

    4- Again, sistem may be fine, but can get better. How? Through suggestions every User in this forum daily make and the Developer's innovations. Check the new era length: If the sistem was fine, why it changed? To improve the quality of the game - this is or should a must for every change, in every aspect of life. If we refuse to change, the era we live in - or the game we play - will reach the "second middle ages" - and what we need is "enlightment".

    5- Again, you may be a better player than I am. Even better than all the comunity that does not PvP because of this. ZeroArmor doesn't use precautions, armor, or such on the battlefiel - I've heard, I've never played him. Let me ask you: as he's clearly better than all of us, should we all fight with naked units? No, we don't. Can we fight with naked units? Yes, we can. Will we win? Perhaps, it's a possibility. But that possibility only applies for these kind of players - those Alexander's. And we could all agree that, if this guy started using gear, we won't be able to stop him.
    Also, this ain't something I invented - in fact, repairing gear being a paid service is something unique, which I've only found in this game. For example, a similar game I can think of is Archlords, as it's a PvE/PvP game, with differences between these two, mobs drop gear, gear can be charmed... We can all agree that that company earns a lot of money, and has a hughe amount of players. And there, repairing is a free service. In fact, MU, Lineage, World of Warcraft, even in "public" servers, repairing is done with the game's currency - and the paid service are limited to those advantages I like to repeat over and over again.

    6- You think you are better than me just because you are a premiun/tribute buyer player? That paying these special services give you authority over me? And besides, we are not complaining, though it seems we are, and I know both you and I have used this verb over and over again - we are suggesting things that could improve the game, trying to find out why things aren't different or changes haven't been made.
    I'll read you the benefits of being a premiun player and the benefits of being a tribute buyer:

    Benefits of being premiun:

    * Earn more Trait Points! All Premium Trait Points earned while you are playing as a premium player are immediately available for your use.
    * More Tribute. Gain a 10% additional Tribute on each purchase.
    * Full Market/Trade Access. Are you a skilled trader? Would you like to make some quick Soul Gems on the market? Going Premium means you will have full access to sell and buy on the market, and no limits on your resource trades. You will also enjoy lower taxes than non-premium users.
    * Extra Bonuses! As a Premium member, you will you generate mission bonuses faster, and enjoy a higher limit. You will also receive more Soul Gems from your daily bonuses, in the Patria Manager.
    * Fewer repairs! The Cynos bless the armies of Premium players in PvP, making their equipment more durable. When battling against other players, you will enjoy a lower durability loss limit than non-premium players.

    Never says you have more authority than me, so our opinions count the same.

    Benefits of tribute:

    With Tribute, you can purchase items and gear for both your Dreamlord and your army in the Altar of Cynos (reached via the game client and the Army Headquarters screen). You can also speed up the process of turning depressed followers into useful workers, and turn non-followers into followers instantly, by paying Tribute to various Cynoses.

    While using Tribute in the Altar of Cynos (the in-game item shop) will give you an advantage - not to mention a cool and customized appearence - it doesn't mean that you will be able to buy yourself to ultimate victory. Success in Dreamlords: Resurrection heavily relies on your personal skill and the decisions you make. Also, there are limits to how much Tribute can do for you. Better quality Dreamlord gear and Divine Intervention powers require you to spend your trait points in various traits in order to unlock the ability to purchase and/or use certain items, and trait points require research. This means that you can't expect to become unstoppable just because you have a lot of Tribute, but it will still help you a lot in the game.

    This is not something I've invented (if don't believe, Google). Oh, by the way, nowhere on this page, or on any of the official threads, says your opinion counts more than mine, or anybody else's - though I can understand your confussion, as you "keep" the game floating with your money.

    7- False - here you have a "pay to win" mechanism. Still, it's true that many of them were removed, which made the game more fair, at least in PvP. This is how the game should work - with continuous changes aiming to make the game better for everyone - you, me, and all the players.

    8- Again, we all know you are a good player. By the way, you claim you use charm equipment - can't believe you replace it, as you say players should do with gear if they can't repair it. You also claim that you do not PvP a lot - believe me, I do, so I'm not talking nonsense, the problem's there.

    And also, I do not understand why you are so opposed about free playing players getting the possibility to repair their gear - please, explain this to me.

    Hope everything's clear (if not, ask - I'm more than happy to answer all your doubts)
    “Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.” Plato

    [OAG] MaxIVarA

  19. #39
    First Lieutenant Keeks's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    ,Czech Republic
    Posts
    257
    3/ repairing gear is not necesity. If you're not able to repair gear, it doesnt limit your gameplay posibilities at all. Its just an advantage. There is a lot of gear ingame, and if you're not willing to give up on your charmed gear, you can use that advantage. Its just not free. Or we can do repairing for shards this era, fast converting for shards next era, undepressing for shards in era after that, and finishing the run with closing the game because its not doing any profit. The service was set to being advantage by devs, and I dont think that services should be switched between free/premium on player demand.

    4/ see point 3

    5/ comparing DL to private servers of MMORPG games? REally? Btw Lineage and Warcraft are pay2play games, Dreamlords are free2pay with microtransactions. Or if you want to take russian L2 server in consideration, its free2play, but at higher levels you HAVE to get premium to get any group, because free player in party cripples droprates. In Dreamlords, you can get to top being free player. So I think that this comparison fails a lot. Not even counting there is no gear repair in Lineage

    6/ never said that I'm any better than you. You clearly misunderstood my point. All I was saying is that you shouldnt complain for paying players having more possibilites that you. The paying players are reason why you can play for free, and as it is, I dont really like the stance of free players to paying players presented here on forums. Its like being premium/having tribute was something bad. I'm not saying that you should be grateful to paying players, having some extraordinary respect to them, but on the other hand, why so many ppl hates them? Is it envy? Guess so...

    7/ where is that pay2win mechanism you talk about? Repairing gear? Not really. Pay2win would be if only paying players could get charmed gear, not that you are not able to keep it because you lose too many units in fight.

    8/ I'm premium, I have PvP repair prepaid in that service. Try that, does miracles. And I said I dont PvP lot in this era, but I have hundreds of PvPs in Reawakening (where I wasnt premium, so I had to deal with repairs too), and through the beta of Ressurection. So I know my deal of PvP, gear repairing etc

    9/ I'm not opposed to that posibility, but I'm opposed to switching any paid service to free. Because as I said already, if there will be one, then the community will demand more. Thats how it is. Now you explain me, why you hold grudge against paying players?

  20. #40
    Corporal

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    , United States
    Posts
    24
    1 interesting info here: Era ended! aye.. you didnt noticed.. Well other new is: A non premium won the PvP ladder. Costs: over 900Tribute just on normal gear. Times he had to stop cause no more tribute: over 2weeks during the era = 25% of the era he couldnt PvP cause of that. = MAYBE if you just chance daily tribute for +5 day OR add tribute reward from PvP..like: (this 25% of era no PvP could be avoided)

    1) era now has 4weeks: each week Devs would see ladder top 25: 1st receives 200tribute. 25th receives 25tribute. (scale beetween). Do this 4 times ( 1 each week end).

    2) instant +trivute for each win( like +5)

    3) make a random new trophie (like 25%chance) of dropping on Win.. (souldbound trophie) that can be converted as Tribute.

    4) receive a buff after each 20wins: blabla blessing: all repairs cost are halved during 1h.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts