• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I would also like to suggest (once the land units are done) that ship sprites be considered. Both for existing units as well as optional extra sprites for user created units (several mods have custom ships but have to use the standard sprites).

Some to consider (some are beyond the normal game time frame but mods include them and extend the time frame - for example the whole world mod):

a more powerful 1500 era Venetian War Galley

late era large galleons: San Martin type and LaCapitana type

74 gun frigate

1837 era blackwall frigate (transport)

steam ships ( both transport and big ship )

Paddle steamer ( transport)

iron clad - American civil war type

1860 era HMS Warrior armoured battleship

WWI type battleship

WWII type battleship

Aircraft carrier

EDIT: would also be nice to have some asian ship sprites (again for user created units) like various size junks and Korean Turtle boats.

@gigau
And as gigau is here I will also ask him how the sprites work with his mod as I am a big fan of his mod :) (if this is of topic so give me a warning or something so I learn my lesson)

eu33copie.png

I'm unfortunately not authorised to distribute the graphics files for a tabbard matching the MEIOU flags (even if the player would need the other files of the sprites).

I would also like to suggest (once the land units are done) that ship sprites be considered. Both for existing units as well as optional extra sprites for user created units (several mods have custom ships but have to use the standard sprites).
[Snip]
EDIT: would also be nice to have some asian ship sprites (again for user created units) like various size junks and Korean Turtle boats.

Ships would really be nice, indeed... especially the standard sprites.

eu33copie.png

I'm unfortunately not authorised to distribute the graphics files for a tabbard matching the MEIOU flags (even if the player would need the other files of the sprites).

Ships would really be nice, indeed... especially the standard sprites.

Ah cool, so a mod user wold have to add them manualy by him sellf then :)

Thanks for the hellp! Think im going to buy them as soon as im able to :p

Ah cool, so a mod user wold have to add them manualy by him sellf then :)

In the case of MEIOU, there is a Launcher. In a click of a button, the Launcher will copy the two necessary interface files from the vanilla folder to the meiou folder. If you haven't installed the sprites there, the Launcher will have no effect.

I had hoped i could add tabbards adapted to the mod flags (uploading only the dds files, that would be useless without the other sprites files). However this appears to violate the copyright.

I bought mine on steam, however the problem is that I need to take out the packs out of steam or copy it . Anyway what do I need to do in order to get them in the game that is outside of steam? What are the files ?

I'd like to know how to make a country use a specific .DDS file for the new sprites instead of the generic one. Which files must I modify?

Thanks!
Please start a fresh thread in the User Mods forum for this question.

OK, sorry.

I have another question: the colours in the "generic" sprites are radom? This Aragonese soldier dressed up in black and red is somehow disturbing.

You can change the colors of the different generic sprites in the file "country_colors.txt". You find the file in the "common" directory...

Cool american sprite !

I second contecorti's request ;)

bought and enjoyed! that looks so great in game, just can't wait to see some new stuff for the east if that's in the plan

His hold of the weapons looks slightly strange, but the sprite is awesone !

:rofl: Ah okay... :p