• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is awesome!

A very cool addition to an amazing game! :)

I realize this is a newbie thing to type, however, I hope the downloaded sprite packs are compatible with the disc-form (if that's how you refer to it) of EU III - which I just received today no less! :D

But, if not, it's €4! Not a major financial loss by any means :rofl:

This is awesome!

A very cool addition to an amazing game! :)

I realize this is a newbie thing to type, however, I hope the downloaded sprite packs are compatible with the disc-form (if that's how you refer to it) of EU III - which I just received today no less! :D

But, if not, it's €4! Not a major financial loss by any means :rofl:

I believe the sprites on gamersgate will be, because they install normally as if you own the game on disc. Do NOT buy the steam sprites.

Looks very nice, But I have a question. Will these sprites just replace the vanilla sprites or will there be more than four(?) sprites throughout the game? I think it would be very nice if the sprites was changed more often. Mayby eight different sprites instead of four. Anyway, I'll buy these spritepacks. Nice work.

Looks very nice, But I have a question. Will these sprites just replace the vanilla sprites or will there be more than four(?) sprites throughout the game? I think it would be very nice if the sprites was changed more often. Mayby eight different sprites instead of four. Anyway, I'll buy these spritepacks. Nice work.

These sprites replace the vanilla sprites. Unfortunately, it isn't possible for us to work in more than 4 sprite steps without changing the checksum...

These sprites replace the vanilla sprites. Unfortunately, it isn't possible for us to work in more than 4 sprite steps without changing the checksum...
Perhaps that is something that the devs could change in the next patch.

A friend of mine bought this today and his checksum changed to KMAN, instead of GALN as of 29th June 5.1 Betapatch. Now we can NOT play MP, as I didn't buy the spritepacks. Is this supposed to happen?

A friend of mine bought this today and his checksum changed to KMAN, instead of GALN as of 29th June 5.1 Betapatch. Now we can NOT play MP, as I didn't buy the spritepacks. Is this supposed to happen?

It's impossible, that the checksum will change, after installing a spritepack ! There must be another reason for new checksum...

Are you sure the new patch was correctly installed? It's possible it was only partially copied, leading to a different checksum. But checksums do not check gfx or interface folders, which is why I'm able to play MP with different graphics.

Wait are there really 4? When do the second two appear?

I've only ever seen the starting one and the one that appears around tech 20. :/

There shouldn't be a PI folder called DW. The only executables should be in the EU3 directory itself.

When i try to install the spritepack from Impulse I receive the following message: "Impulse cannot locate the base application Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind. Please register it to have Impulse install it or Search for it now."

The only executables in the PI directory are eu3.exe and eu3game.exe .
The Paradox key registry for DW expects a 30-char key. The only keys I have are for Chronicles (24 char key) and the 2 spritepacks (30 char keys but do not work as DW key)
Seems like I need a DW key?

Any ideas?

The keys have nothing to do with whether you can install the spritepack or not, they are purely for access to this forum, the metaserver, and achievements.

Did you also get Chronicles from Impulse?

It's impossible, that the checksum will change, after installing a spritepack ! There must be another reason for new checksum...

Thanks for that useful info. I will tell him to see if something changed. Anyway, he's using Steam, and I read it can change files that also change checksum.

and @gela1212; thank you too, we will check that again.

Thanks for that useful info. I will tell him to see if something changed. Anyway, he's using Steam, and I read it can change files that also change checksum.

and @gela1212; thank you too, we will check that again.

If he's running any of the patches Steam will not change his checksum. The reason is Steam modifies the .exe, but the patch comes with its own, non-steamed .exe.

Is there any fix for the sprites not appearing in mods?