• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just want to inform you, that two more spritepacks in the works:

The Absolutism spritepack, we already announced a while ago.
Furthermore there will be a second spritepack for EU III. This should fill some gaps of the revolution era!

Great! Are you waiting so long because of the development power needed for other games in progress, or purely waiting because you want to release this pack together with the 5.2 patch, or is it just to torture us for the amusement of it? ;)

Sprite packs are not written by PDS personnel, so there is no effect on other games being developed. I have no idea what's happening in this area, perhaps you should PM Rost3DSprites .

Sprite packs are not written by PDS personnel, so there is no effect on other games being developed. I have no idea what's happening in this area, perhaps you should PM Rost3DSprites .

Quote from Rost3DSprites (You can see this if you look at his profile messages):

"The spritpacks should be finished this year. The release date will be set by Paradox Intertactive itself. Victoria 2 will be the next game we will start to make new spritpack(s) for."

It is correct, the new sprites already are finished, but we can't give you a release date, because it will be set by PI.

Yay! This looks they actually have plans about finishing 5.2. At least if they are following the CK2 policy. One patch = DLC's.

Nice sprites, BTW!

Edit: I just checked the 5.2 beta forum and there is a new beta. :)

Last edited:
Minor resurrection...I reinstalled EUIII a few days ago and am having trouble getting the sprites back in the right place.

All I did was place all the contents of the 'anims' folder of the download (eg. British_1400Diffuse) into EU3/gfx/anims, and all the contents of 'interface' into EU3/Interface. They're not showing up in the game, though...do I have to remove anything? I don't remember doing so the first time I installed them. Or should they go in some sort of sub-folder?