• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello,
I apologize in advance if this is not the correct place to ask this. But I got the New Sprite packs off steam, so far I've only seen the medevil ones, And, The Animations stated on steam don't seem to work. The Sprite Just stand with Hands spread and don't even walk.

Does anyone know why this may be happening?

thank you.

I'm getting this issue too. Bought the lot today since they are on sale and some sprites animations (which I'm guessing must be from the packs) are not working.

http://imageshack.us/f/823/eu31n.png

Mouseovered unit has no animation while travelling, in combat, etc.

Brilliant. I don't suppose anyone has a quick fix for this?. Its rather useful to know whether a unit is moving or not without having to manually check it
There is now a hot fix posted for this problem, see the master Sprite thread stickied at the top of the forum.

sprites help

I bought all the sprityes. installed and were working. Now after a couple of days. in a war, my armies are tilling into the old sprites. all the other nations have the new sprites. i am confused in whats happening. I did update my cavalry to a new from from level tech and i thiink it chnaged then.

maybe its the tech lvl of the units.

Last edited:
HELP!

So I have EUIII complete from steam and it works just fine. I bought the enlightenment and revolution sprite packs from steam also. When I play the game they do not show up, I have the old sprites between 1700 to the end. Could someone please help me? I am running on windows vista.

HELP!

So I have EUIII complete from steam and it works just fine. I bought the enlightenment and revolution sprite packs from steam also. When I play the game they do not show up, I have the old sprites between 1700 to the end. Could someone please help me? I am running on windows vista.
Yeah I'm having this problem too. The enlightenment sprites pop up when the revolution ones should appear though which is also annoying.

ok I fixed my sprites, i had to buy divine wind. one last question, if I wanted to replace a generic sprite with one of the country specific ones how would I do that? Ex- Im playing as parma in 1800 but I want the us revolutionary sprite to appear as my own. Can I change this? is it possible?

These sprite packs are soooo sexy. Are they just for DW? Will they (or when will they) be sold in a bundle?

As it says in the OP of this very thread:
These work if you have Divine Wind OR Chronicles.
Paradox tend not to pre-annouce such things as bundles.

Nothing turns me on more than a surprise LOL.

Thanks. I have DW but only HttT installed, as I'm helping out with the Whole World Mod. I guess I'll have to be a patience girl and wait.

Those sprites look awesome though man. I cannot wait to use. :D

Is PI done with spriteing? My man above asked about an oriental sprite pack.

Did you follow the links on the first post in this thread? It should say. FWIW I see no reason why the sprites themselves wouldn't work, but the problem might be the installer.

Rost3DSprites, may I suggest one thing? The current generic Eastern level 1 sprite (for easterngfx) is much more proper for Muslims (muslimgfx). Because there are no tag-specific sprites for some Russian/Ruthenian/various Balkan/Greek minors, they use the generic one and it looks strange, because it represents a Mongol/Turkish-type warrior. I suppose you wanted GOH and CRI to look in this way, which are also easterngfx in vanilla. The best solution would be to make new generic Eastern level 1 sprite based on specific Russian model (this one for MOS, TVE, BYZ ect.) which is historically proper, and make the current one a generic standard for Muslims. This would of course involve transfering GOH and CRI to muslimgfx, which would be also proper.

A pity we didn´t get any russian unit. Forming Russia is very fun, and Russia was important in Europe since Peter the Great (late XVII early XVIII), so I don´t see why they left russian units out of the enlightenment sprite pack.

this is happening to me too. Have DW and run on vista. My troops are well into the gunpowder units and still holding swords in full armor.....so is everyone else. I have bought all the sprite packs and run the game from steam

A pity we didn´t get any russian unit. Forming Russia is very fun, and Russia was important in Europe since Peter the Great (late XVII early XVIII), so I don´t see why they left russian units out of the enlightenment sprite pack.

Yeah, I wonder if someone could mod in a "Green Coat Infantry" using the Enlightenment pack's model. It only really needs a palette swap. Then a Napoleonic version as well for the lvl 57 "Mass Infantry." Temporary solution is to just Westernize I guess :laugh:

Pardon the double-post, but I just got it to work.

All I had to do was copy and paste the entry in XP-Rost-Reformation-units.gfx for the Generic Western troops, and change latingfx_Infantry to RUS_Infantry. Since there's no custom texture, I guess it draws from the nation's map colour, with coincidentally gives your Russian soldiers green coats with salmon facing. It couldn't have worked out better!

Here's a look (taken in MEIOU):
qyffL.jpg

---------

I've now made custom textures for the models to use for the RUS tag.
Now my Green Coat Infantry look like Seven-Years-War era Russian infantry, without having to use my imagination, and my Napoleonic troops look more like proper Russian infantry circa Austerlitz (since I used the Prussian model as a base) minus the rolled coats over the shoulder of course. The white band on the shako shares its texture with the backpack straps, so changing it isn't really possible.

5mZCr.jpg

Last edited:
I am also having the problem with my sprites showing swords when I am well into the gun age.

Also having random large boats rolling around in provinces depending on my scroll zoom level if this is related or not?!?