• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just bought the newest packs. They are fantastic! So, what countries are you going to do next? Russia maybe? Moscovy? Novgorod, perhaps? Poland? Or maybe Ottomans, India or China?

Hi!

First of all, we want to say thank you to all of you for the exellent feedback :)

Now a short statement to everybody, who wants to know if we will design more cultural country specific sprites:

For 2012 it is planned to design sprites for the eastern european countries like poland, russia etc.
In addition we want to fill the gap between the years 1625 and 1700 with absolutism sprites..

Unfortunately, I can't give you an exact date, when the new planned sprites will be released, because we are just a small team and we are working hard on other projects, like HOI III, or VICTORIA II, too.
So it will take some time...

I think there is a bug in the Reformation Pack. I play as Germany, after I form this Nation. But they didn't use the new Uniforms and there are also generic German and generic western uniforms. All other western Nations (or Rest of German Nations which are not yet included in the empire) use the generic or german generic sprite, but Germany doesn't use it. :D

Can you fix this? Thx Ben

I think there is a bug in the Reformation Pack. I play as Germany, after I form this Nation. But they didn't use the new Uniforms and there are also generic German and generic western uniforms. All other western Nations (or Rest of German Nations which are not yet included in the empire) use the generic or german generic sprite, but Germany doesn't use it. :D

Can you fix this? Thx Ben

You have to use DW and the newest patch that the sprites work correct and mods are not supported officially and... you have to save and reload the game after forming a nation. This is an old known EU III bug ...

You don't understand the problem buddy3101.

It is DW, with the newest patch ... because, with all of the other "western" Nations it will work and I see the "Reformation Sprite". Only with the Nation named Germany it doesn't work. There are no mods, no special things, no other sprites, nothing.
Only the German Units are shown in the old "Tech-Level-18"- Style. They don't use one of the generic sprites of the pack and i don't know why.
This had nothing to do with the bug after the forming of nations. There are 3 Kingdoms in this Savegame that will be formed out of minor states - the german one (played by human), the Spanish and the Great Britain Empire. All nations are formed in the time of playing, they already exists when i load the savegame, and only Germany didn't use a sprite pack. Other states use generics or his special, so i think the Pack will be installed correctly and only the Nation "Germany" was not linked or not linked correctly with the sprite pack.

When its only my problem, i don't know how to fix this, but i think its a bug or can you show me a game with a formed german Nation using the correct sprites, please? :)

Hi!

First of all, we want to say thank you to all of you for the exellent feedback :)

Now a short statement to everybody, who wants to know if we will design more cultural country specific sprites:

For 2012 it is planned to design sprites for the eastern european countries like poland, russia etc.
In addition we want to fill the gap between the years 1625 and 1700 with absolutism sprites..

Unfortunately, I can't give you an exact date, when the new planned sprites will be released, because we are just a small team and we are working hard on other projects, like HOI III, or VICTORIA II, too.
So it will take some time...

There will be balkan/greeks specific sprites too? The current (vanilla) ones feel really awkward when you have a huge mediterranean empire or a succesful Serbia.

Animation problems with Sprite Pack

Hello,
I apologize in advance if this is not the correct place to ask this. But I got the New Sprite packs off steam, so far I've only seen the medevil ones, And, The Animations stated on steam don't seem to work. The Sprite Just stand with Hands spread and don't even walk.

Does anyone know why this may be happening?

thank you.

The only thing i can suggest would be to make a copy of EU3 outside of the Steam thingy, and try to run it like that, via its own exe.

Hello,
I apologize in advance if this is not the correct place to ask this. But I got the New Sprite packs off steam, so far I've only seen the medevil ones, And, The Animations stated on steam don't seem to work. The Sprite Just stand with Hands spread and don't even walk.

Does anyone know why this may be happening?

thank you.

I'm getting this issue too. Bought the lot today since they are on sale and some sprites animations (which I'm guessing must be from the packs) are not working.

http://imageshack.us/f/823/eu31n.png

Mouseovered unit has no animation while travelling, in combat, etc.

Last edited:
Seems like Steam has not included the animation files in the Medieval Spritepack. But the same animations are included in the Europa Universalis III: Western - AD 1400 Spritepack