• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Threads merged

Oh please no not December, the spritepack look awesome. I love the 1400AD pack and I'm goin to love reform and enlighten (is that what it called??) please not December
I bought new sprite packs on direct2drive and they worked with steam version.

Hey everyone, I have a question for Paradox on the matter of the new sprite packs! I got them all, including two marked as "pre-order" for Dec 8 release. These are the Medieval and Revolution sprite packs. I bought them and I could download and install them even. From what I saw with the installer, they did move some files at least. I will try and confirm to see if they were installed.

Is this intended behaviour? I thought these were to be released on Dec 8 but it may be that I have them already.

Are there any plans to release the new sprite packs on steam?

Didn't realize there were new sprite packs in Oct. and Dec. until today... This thread should have its first page updated more often~

Bought and downloaded from Gamersgate, the reformation one works great, but the enlightment one is not showing up. Maybe it's just Gamersgate, but I am not sure.

EDIT: enlightment sprite still not functioning, and I am waiting on any useful response.

Last edited:
Didn't realize there were new sprite packs in Oct. and Dec. until today... This thread should have its first page updated more often~

Bought and downloaded from Gamersgate, the reformation one works great, but the enlightment one is not showing up. Maybe it's just Gamersgate, but I am not sure.

EDIT: enlightment sprite still not functioning, and I am waiting on any useful response.

Mine work just fine. Bought them at GamersGate, too. Are you sure you picked the correct timeframe and the correct nations for testing?

If I have this DLC, can I play MP with someone without it?

Yes, graphical stuff does not enter the checksum verification.

Mine work just fine. Bought them at GamersGate, too. Are you sure you picked the correct timeframe and the correct nations for testing?

Reinstalled the 5.1 patch and finally had the sprite working.. They should put up a notice on the retailers' side so buyers will remember to update the game before installing the sprite.

EU3 Chronicles and sprite packs (reformation, enlightment and both medieval) bought from GG. Only eastern and western works for me. Reformation and Enlightment packs create a new folder in EU3 directory should be that way? Please help solve the problem.

DLC Compatibility

Just curious, if I bought the game on steam (whom only features two spritepacks) would I be able to get ones from other sites and manually install them, and they would work?

Also on the same note, would I be able to do the same with the Old Vicky pack for Victoria 2? (Since it is also a graphics mod).