• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You should get the new spritepacks with the Landsknecht sprites soon. The works are allready finished....

Here you have got a new screenshot of the upcoming "Revolution" spritepack.
You can see the French, Spanish and Portuguese new sprites for this age. Note that this is still an alpha screen.

Sweeeeeet !

You should get the new spritepacks with the Landsknecht sprites soon. The works are allready finished....

Here you have got a new screenshot of the upcoming "Revolution" spritepack.
You can see the French, Spanish and Portuguese new sprites for this age. Note that this is still an alpha screen.

Nice detail on the shakos! If only we could rotate EU3's map to enjoy them from all angles, like we can in Rome. (I guess that won't be patched up, will it?)

Here a new screenshot (Netherlands), enjoy and have a nice weekend :)

Attachments

• NED.jpg
    NED.jpg
    176,8 KB · Views: 643
Still very good, indeed.

If i may have a little request, it'd be awesome if Napoléon's grognards had their proper bearskin's caps :

grognard-choisi.jpg

Still very good, indeed.

If i may have a little request, it'd be awesome if Napoléon's grognards had their proper bearskin's caps :

grognard-choisi.jpg

It would be nice, but we have chosen to take the normal line infantry (fusilier), because the other countries don't have special units like grenadiers or prognards, too...

Hi, here comes the "Chinese stuff guy" again :D

I don't know if there is any plan for Asia Sprites, since the original ones are just horrible.

here's some quick-searched pictures,
A japanese muskeeter's gear
13565965.gif

Manchu muskeeter with plate
90733881.jpg

51190360.jpg

Ming armors
scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Manchu Eight Banners Armor
scaled.php

So...several weeks later are the sprites still doing it for you and did they change over the ages? They look excellent but are they worth it?

Yes !!!

My sole regret is that the tabbards aren't easely moddable...

Great.

...One day it would be nice to get "modernized" animist/african etc. sprite too :)
Those spearmen with their loincloths tend to get boring after a while. It would be a nice prize for enduring the burdens of westernization.

Here a new screenshot (Netherlands), enjoy and have a nice weekend :)

On a related note:

Western - Anno Domini 1400 Spritepack
This spritepack includes 16 new sprites for the western europeans in the 15th century of EU3. Unique uniforms for Venice, France, Scandinavia, England, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Prussia, Britain, Sweden, Denmark, Scotland, Austria, Teutonic Order, Brandenburg and a generic one.

The unit in that spritepack is for Holland, not the Netherlands as stated.
Is there a way to use it for both? If not, I'd prefer it to be for the Netherlands, not Holland, as I was lead to beleive it was.

Great units, they really spice up the game.

Well,there's a problem,in these two screenshot,the model is excellent,but I saw the highlander and landsknecht with a sword and a dagger,actually they don't equip with these weapons,the highlander usually with claymore or axe or Broad Sword and shield,and the landsknecht usually with halberd or zweihander or pike
Consider have a change
Thanks.

Sorry to bump this up, have the landsknechts been changed since the last screen (with the dagger and the onehanded sword)? Really halberds, pikes, zweihanders, arquebuses, or partisans would all do just fine. The uniform is looking superb though, same goes for the revolution sprites.

On a related note:

The unit in that spritepack is for Holland, not the Netherlands as stated.
Is there a way to use it for both? If not, I'd prefer it to be for the Netherlands, not Holland, as I was lead to beleive it was.

Great units, they really spice up the game.

Yes there seems to be a failure in the description of the spritepack. Included is the Dutch one and not the Netherlands one...

But nevertheless we have gotten many inquires because of making a second spritepack for this time period with some more country specific sprites; and so we allready have begun to give some more nations country specific sprites... And one of these sprites will be a new one for the Netherlands, promised :)

In the meantime it is possible for you to give the Netherlands the same sprite like the Dutch one:

1st) open the XP-Rost-Anno-Domini-1400-Western-units.gfx in the folder ...\Europa Universalis III\interface with your editor.
2nd) copy these lines and put them into the file:

PHP:
EMFXActorType = {
		name = "NED_infantry_1"
		actorfile = "gfx\anims\Dutch_1400.xac"

idle   = "gfx\anims\Generic_Western_1400_Idle.xsm"
		move   = "gfx\anims\Generic_Western_1400_Move.xsm"
		attack = "gfx\anims\Generic_Western_1400_Attack.xsm"
		scale = 7.8
	}

3rd) it should look like this now:
EMFXActorType = {
name = "TEU_infantry_1"
actorfile = "gfx\anims\Teutonic_1400.xac"

idle = "gfx\anims\Generic_Western_1400_Idle.xsm"
move = "gfx\anims\Generic_Western_1400_Move.xsm"
scale = 7.8
}

EMFXActorType = {
name = "BRA_infantry_1"
actorfile = "gfx\anims\Brandenburgian_1400.xac"

scale = 7.8
}
EMFXActorType = {
name = "NED_infantry_1"
actorfile = "gfx\anims\Dutch_1400.xac"

scale = 7.8
}
}

4th) Don't forget to make a backup of the original file and store it anywhere but in the folders of EU III....

Last edited:
Sorry to bump this up, have the landsknechts been changed since the last screen (with the dagger and the onehanded sword)? Really halberds, pikes, zweihanders, arquebuses, or partisans would all do just fine. The uniform is looking superb though, same goes for the revolution sprites.

Thank you for your suggestions RhoDaZZ, "unfortunately" for this time period the spritepack has already gone gold and the sprites are awaiting the release.... But nevertheless it would be very difficult to give this one sprite unit a Zweihänder and synchronize the new fighting animation with the old fighting animation of the opponents. Making something like this would mean to give all the other units a new animation too, this is impossible.

Last edited:
Hi, here comes the "Chinese stuff guy" again :D

I don't know if there is any plan for Asia Sprites, since the original ones are just horrible.

here's some quick-searched pictures,
A japanese muskeeter's gear
13565965.gif

Manchu muskeeter with plate
90733881.jpg

51190360.jpg

Ming armors
scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Manchu Eight Banners Armor
scaled.php

Thank you for the informations (quick searched pictures) Fryz.
We have the goal to make new sprites for the asian ones, too. But there are to many other things on the todo list, before :huh:

If some of you have special wishes and informations of sprites for any timeperiods or countries included in EU III please write down. Be sure we consider your wishes and informations...

Last edited:
But nevertheless we have gotten many inquires because of making a second spritepack for this time period with some more country specific sprites; and so we allready have begun to give some more nations country specific sprites... And one of these sprites will be a new one for the Netherlands, promised :)

Thanks!