• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thank you for your suggestions RhoDaZZ, "unfortunately" for this time period the spritepack has already gone gold and the sprites are awaiting the release.... But nevertheless it would be very difficult to give this one sprite unit a Zweihänder and synchronize the new fighting animation with the old fighting animation of the opponents. Making something like this would mean to give all the other units a new animation too, this is impossible.

Ahh, okay:sad: - I thought you had exclusive access to the animation files (.xac)? Wouldn't it be possible to use the halberd animation from the old vanilla renaissance units (those with the morion and halberd/nardiche thingy)?

Otherwise, I do still appreciate the uniform and all your hard work - thanks.

The access is not the problem... The new files are having some more bones than the old ones have. The bone structure is different to the structure of the old ones.... (more bones, better animations) and it would take long time to convert the animations from the old files to the new ones. It would be easier to make a complete new animation, but like said before this would take its time and we would have to make new animations for the spritepacks for western Anno 1400 spritepack, too....

Attachments

• Burgundy.jpg
    Burgundy.jpg
    187,1 KB · Views: 651
Im no artist or anything like that, but in my humble opinion some of your 3D models (or sprites as people call them on this forum) seem to be too thin, specially in torso, they look like starving men who dressed up as soldiers. Remember that bellow heraldic tunic, most of these men wear either mail armor or some sort of plate armor, and even bellow that several layers of woolen tunic/shirts etc. There is no way they can be so thin (torso area specially).

Secondly, most of these models should have spears (bardiche in the east) instead of swords (specially these swords that look like nordic ones, if you really want swords then make them longswords/broadswords or even bastard swords) since spears were much more common weapon, sword was more like toys for nobility.

This is a quick draw of what id like to see:

A typical medieval sargent armed with spear and shield, wearing heraldic tunic over full plate armor with shoulder guards and traveling mail coif (some kind of helmet could be added instead, great helmet or whatever). Central field on the front side contains area for heraldic amblem (cross in this case) while the shield could be painted by country's colors. I drew this in about 5 mins so dont be too harsh (like i said im not an artist) but if you like this i can make more.

Im no artist or anything like that, but in my humble opinion some of your 3D models (or sprites as people call them on this forum) seem to be too thin, specially in torso, they look like starving men who dressed up as soldiers. Remember that bellow heraldic tunic, most of these men wear either mail armor or some sort of plate armor, and even bellow that several layers of woolen tunic/shirts etc. There is no way they can be so thin (torso area specially).

Secondly, most of these models should have spears (bardiche in the east) instead of swords (specially these swords that look like nordic ones, if you really want swords then make them longswords/broadswords or even bastard swords) since spears were much more common weapon, sword was more like toys for nobility.

This is a quick draw of what id like to see:

A typical medieval sargent armed with spear and shield, wearing heraldic tunic over full plate armor with shoulder guards and traveling mail coif (some kind of helmet could be added instead, great helmet or whatever). Central field on the front side contains area for heraldic amblem (cross in this case) while the shield could be painted by country's colors. I drew this in about 5 mins so dont be too harsh (like i said im not an artist) but if you like this i can make more.

I think he's rather sexy ;) I see what you're saying, but don't expect stubborn Paradox to make any changes, or at least anytime soon. :(

Are you making new sprites for Poland and other Central Europeans? If yes, could we see them?

I have purchased the two sprite kits you have released and they are great!

Now you are talking about adding to these will this be as a free upgrade or a new retail release?

I have purchased the two sprite kits you have released and they are great!

Now you are talking about adding to these will this be as a free upgrade or a new retail release?
it wouldn't be an "upgrade" as they are different sprites for different units. If there was something wrong with an existing sprite you might expect a free "upgrade" (fix), but not otherwise.

it wouldn't be an "upgrade" as they are different sprites for different units. If there was something wrong with an existing sprite you might expect a free "upgrade" (fix), but not otherwise.

In my opinion, there is something wrong with the original sprites. They are very ugly! :D

I like the new sprites in the sprite pack, because a Knight usually lead an army. But I want more sprite packs for the other eras, I think they could be purddyed up too.

^ very much agreed; i love these packs.

has any time-frame been mentioned as to when we can expect the next set(s)?

That's fine, you should be rewarded for your hard work! Please make sure you make enough noise on the forum when you next pack is released and I will purchase it!

Let me advice on the uniforms of Spanish tercio (c. s. XVI):

tercio.png

piquero.jpg

pincelhistoria_001.jpg

you can choose! :D

and other advice on the uniforms of the imperial armies or pikeman

Piqueros%20imperiales%201618-41.jpg

I wonder if they have any sprite for the condotta armies in Renaissance Italy. They had really beautiful armors, and were colorful.

Ottoman sprites would be great too .. ;)

+1

And Mughal ones please :eek:hmy: