+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Spritepacks for EU3

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Rost3DSprites View Post
    Thank you for your suggestions RhoDaZZ, "unfortunately" for this time period the spritepack has already gone gold and the sprites are awaiting the release.... But nevertheless it would be very difficult to give this one sprite unit a Zweihänder and synchronize the new fighting animation with the old fighting animation of the opponents. Making something like this would mean to give all the other units a new animation too, this is impossible.
    Ahh, okay - I thought you had exclusive access to the animation files (.xac)? Wouldn't it be possible to use the halberd animation from the old vanilla renaissance units (those with the morion and halberd/nardiche thingy)?

Otherwise, I do still appreciate the uniform and all your hard work - thanks.

The access is not the problem... The new files are having some more bones than the old ones have. The bone structure is different to the structure of the old ones.... (more bones, better animations) and it would take long time to convert the animations from the old files to the new ones. It would be easier to make a complete new animation, but like said before this would take its time and we would have to make new animations for the spritepacks for western Anno 1400 spritepack, too....

Great stuff. I only do not like the Burgundian medieval sprite. Really it looks too "poor", too simple, too vanilla for the most brilliant knights of Europe of all times! May be some corrections like this one?
    http://en.diorama.ru/gallery/figures/172/
    http://scalemodel.net/pictures/Burgu...ight_front.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Doctor View Post
    Great stuff. I only do not like the Burgundian medieval sprite. Really it looks too "poor", too simple, too vanilla for the most brilliant knights of Europe of all times! May be some corrections like this one?
    http://en.diorama.ru/gallery/figures/172/
    http://scalemodel.net/pictures/Burgu...ight_front.jpg
    Do you mean sth. like this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Burgundy.jpg‎
Views:	615
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	39763  

Oh, simply fantastic!
    Where to buy this one?

Командир Батаљона DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Im no artist or anything like that, but in my humble opinion some of your 3D models (or sprites as people call them on this forum) seem to be too thin, specially in torso, they look like starving men who dressed up as soldiers. Remember that bellow heraldic tunic, most of these men wear either mail armor or some sort of plate armor, and even bellow that several layers of woolen tunic/shirts etc. There is no way they can be so thin (torso area specially).

Secondly, most of these models should have spears (bardiche in the east) instead of swords (specially these swords that look like nordic ones, if you really want swords then make them longswords/broadswords or even bastard swords) since spears were much more common weapon, sword was more like toys for nobility.

This is a quick draw of what id like to see:

A typical medieval sargent armed with spear and shield, wearing heraldic tunic over full plate armor with shoulder guards and traveling mail coif (some kind of helmet could be added instead, great helmet or whatever). Central field on the front side contains area for heraldic amblem (cross in this case) while the shield could be painted by country's colors. I drew this in about 5 mins so dont be too harsh (like i said im not an artist) but if you like this i can make more.
    Там тебе привольней, песня…
    Ты туда и улетай!

Arsenal of DemocracyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneIron Cross

Quote Originally Posted by DanubianCossak View Post
    Im no artist or anything like that, but in my humble opinion some of your 3D models (or sprites as people call them on this forum) seem to be too thin, specially in torso, they look like starving men who dressed up as soldiers. Remember that bellow heraldic tunic, most of these men wear either mail armor or some sort of plate armor, and even bellow that several layers of woolen tunic/shirts etc. There is no way they can be so thin (torso area specially).

Secondly, most of these models should have spears (bardiche in the east) instead of swords (specially these swords that look like nordic ones, if you really want swords then make them longswords/broadswords or even bastard swords) since spears were much more common weapon, sword was more like toys for nobility.

This is a quick draw of what id like to see:

A typical medieval sargent armed with spear and shield, wearing heraldic tunic over full plate armor with shoulder guards and traveling mail coif (some kind of helmet could be added instead, great helmet or whatever). Central field on the front side contains area for heraldic amblem (cross in this case) while the shield could be painted by country's colors. I drew this in about 5 mins so dont be too harsh (like i said im not an artist) but if you like this i can make more.

I think he's rather sexy I see what you're saying, but don't expect stubborn Paradox to make any changes, or at least anytime soon.
    Real WWM heads show up on the weekend and let Hafte do all the work.

The sweetest p's

Cry Havoc!, and let loose the dogs of Warsaw.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    Semper Fi500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Are you making new sprites for Poland and other Central Europeans? If yes, could we see them?
    "Our forebears were contented with salty and fetid fishes. But we come for the fresh ones, still thriving in the ocean!
    Our fathers were contented when they were storming burghs. But we ain't scared by sea storms or the fearsome waves!
    Our fathers were contented when they were hunting deers. And we are hunting treasures and monsters that hide deep in the ocean!"

"On the conquest of the sea coast" - Polish song from 11th century.

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty II CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I have purchased the two sprite kits you have released and they are great!

Now you are talking about adding to these will this be as a free upgrade or a new retail release?

500k club

Quote Originally Posted by ryu2999 View Post

Now you are talking about adding to these will this be as a free upgrade or a new retail release?
    Stand-alone product.

51 games registered

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by ryu2999 View Post

it wouldn't be an "upgrade" as they are different sprites for different units. If there was something wrong with an existing sprite you might expect a free "upgrade" (fix), but not otherwise.
    Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death .... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man. Bertrand Russell

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    March of the EaglesVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewT View Post
    it wouldn't be an "upgrade" as they are different sprites for different units. If there was something wrong with an existing sprite you might expect a free "upgrade" (fix), but not otherwise.
    In my opinion, there is something wrong with the original sprites. They are very ugly!

I like the new sprites in the sprite pack, because a Knight usually lead an army. But I want more sprite packs for the other eras, I think they could be purddyed up too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchmon View Post
    I like the new sprites in the sprite pack, because a Knight usually lead an army. But I want more sprite packs for the other eras, I think they could be purddyed up too.
    ^ very much agreed; i love these packs.

has any time-frame been mentioned as to when we can expect the next set(s)?

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty II CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewT View Post
    That's fine, you should be rewarded for your hard work! Please make sure you make enough noise on the forum when you next pack is released and I will purchase it!

Condottiero diplomático Malatesta's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of Nations
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Res Publica

Let me advice on the uniforms of Spanish tercio (c. s. XVI):

you can choose!

and other advice on the uniforms of the imperial armies or pikeman

When can we expect some new sprite packs?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I thought they said it had gone gold? Guess they announce it the same day it hits Gamersgate. Hopefully very, very soon!

Ottoman sprites would be great too ..

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDungeonlandEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    Penumbra - Black PlagueSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldThe Showdown EffectWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Blog Entries
    I wonder if they have any sprite for the condotta armies in Renaissance Italy. They had really beautiful armors, and were colorful.

Quote Originally Posted by berke View Post
    Ottoman sprites would be great too ..
    +1

And Mughal ones please

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast