Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Forward in the Name of God - A Scottish Mega-Campaign, by Iain Wilson

0 0%
  • The Republic of Genoa: A Community AAR, by Grauuu

0 0%
  • The Kingdom of AARland, by Iain Wilson and associates

1 4.00%
  • Through Rivers of Blood and Mountains of Gold - The Story of The House d'Albon, by Tommy4ever

1 4.00%
  • Homelands: Tales of the Anglo-Prussians, by Mr. Capiatlist

23 92.00%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The 2010 CrusadAAR's Chalice Voting Thread

Crazy Cat Person. Meow! Moderator Qorten's Avatar
    63 games registered

200k clubCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDungeonland
    Elven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The Glory
    GettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    King Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagicka
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CircleSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaEUIV: Art of WarParadoxian Order - 2015

The 2010 CrusadAAR's Chalice Voting Thread

2010 CrusadAAR's Chalice

The top years for CK AARland are over, but it's certainly not dead yet. Next year we'll have another 2011 edition of this thread and then it's onwAARds to CKII.

The completed AAR's are diminishing year after year since 2008 but in 2010 there were 5 completed AARs still. Not enough to give you a Nominations Thread, we'll go right to the voting for the CrusadAAR's Chalice, the SilvAAR Goblet and the PewtAAR Cup.

The available choices:

Dunkeld
    Scotland
    Forward in the Name of God - A Scottish Mega-Campaign
    Iain Wilson
    1066-1964 (Completed 12 February 2010)

Multiple Families
    Genoa
    The Republic of Genoa: A Community AAR
    Grauuu
    1090-1256 (Completed 13 March 2010)

Van der Aarlander
    AARland
    The Kingdom of AARland
    Iain Wilson and others
    1337-1358 (Completed 4 May 2010)

D'Albon
    Burgundy/Jerusalem
    Through Rivers of Blood and Mountains of Gold - The Story of The House of D'Albon
    Tommy4ever
    1066-1475 (Completed 28 July 2010)

Leofricson
    Duchy of Prussia (and others later)
    Homelands: Tales of the Anglo-Prussians
    Mr. Capiatlist
    1066-1356 (Completed 23 December 2010)

You may post here to tell everyone what AAR you voted for and why you did so. It may entice other people to vote for your favorite, who knows?
    Last edited by Qorten; 01-04-2012 at 19:14.

When I use this color I am speaking as a Moderator.

Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight

To me it has to be Mr Capiatlist's Homelands ...it was just such a completely realised world in which everything related, a wonderfully structured vision of an alternative reality
    Remember, whatever the question, the answer on 18 September is Yes ...

Darkest HourDivine WindVictoria 2

Vancouver BC, Former British Dominion called Canada
    I agree with Loki, Homelands is just such a beautifully crafted world, even going as far as developing a full language for an AAR. It just proves his determination to the subject.

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    96 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of WarParadoxian Order - 2015

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    With all respect due to the other authAARs, it is also without hesitation that i vote for Mr Capiatlist's Homelands AAR.
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Fran็ais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Except for Mr. Capiatlists's Anglo-Prussians, I don't think I've read any of these. I'd better get started.

On a side note, I find it amusing that one person -- Frogbeastegg -- who would unquestionably win one of these awards hasn't done so simply because she refuses to finish her AAR!

Rensslaer
    Serenity - (V2 v1.3) - An isolationist Japan tries to stay out of everybody's way (Updated July '13)
    Kriegsgefahr (Impending War) - (HOI3/SF/HPP) - Germany attempts to remain at peace! (Updated Apr '13)
    Locarno - Italy vs. Germany (HOI3/SF/HPP) - What if Mussolini stood with France against Hitler?
    The Die is Cast (Roman Civil War) - Caesar will make a name for himself! (Updated June '12)
    Imp้rio Novo - An Axis Portugal AAR for HOI 3 (Updated May '13)
    Fire Warms the Northern Lands - A Prussian Victoria 1 AAR (Awarded the VictAARian Cross for Jan-Jun 2006)
    Castles In the Sky (Vicky 1) * Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR (EU III) (Updated May '13) * I Am Siam (V2 Minor) (tied for Silver VictAARian Cross for Best AAR completed in 2011) * A Long Time Ago... (HOI 1 Argentina)* Check Rensslaer's Inkwell! (list of online writings)

63 games registered

Elven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The Glory
    GettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    King Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagicka
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CircleSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaEUIV: Art of WarParadoxian Order - 2015

I predict an easy win for Homelands. It was a very, very good AAR. I'm holding my vote for later, should there be a tie for second or third place. Other people have to get some love too. Tommyever's Dauphine AAR was very good too you know. The Kingdom of AARland was funny while it lasted and a nice initiative which deserves credit for Iain.

I already vote for Homeland because i read it last year and i found it really interesting, but ill read the other completed AAR

200k clubEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

The Kingdom of AARland was awesome... But then again, I need to finally give proof to me liking Mr. Capiatlists work. So Homelands it is.
    Brittania: A Saga of Albion - Hiatus
    † AwAARds †
    WritAAR of the Week 11/23/09
    Character WritAAR of the Week 03/08/10
    Showcased 24/04/2010
    Favourite CK History Book AAR 07/06/2010 and 01/02/2011

I vote for Homelands, by Mr. Capiatlist, but all of them are pretty good reads.

63 games registered

20 votes in so far! Keep 'em coming, people.

63 games registered

Congrats to Mr. Capiatlist for winning the CrusadAAR's Chalice for 2010 finished AAR's! Tommy4ever and Iain Wilson and co can be very happy and proud to have snatched away a vote from Mr. Capiatlist's masterpiece and receive a shared SilvAAR Goblet!

Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight

congrats to Mr Capiatlist .... and to everyone for actually finishing an AAR as opposing to leaving it all forlorn on the way
    Remember, whatever the question, the answer on 18 September is Yes ...

Crusader Kings IISengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Congrats to Mr. Capiatlist. Are there any links to previous chalice's? It's a bit annoying finished aars were taken out of the forum.
    My current AAR, A Welshman's Quest for Doritos. Fetch the doritos, and settle down to wathc my comedy of errors! On hiatus at the moment.

The President's 1836-1936: Potentially with more zombies.

John Sharp, Federal senator for Indiana in The Presidents, born 1882.
    Formerly Eldud Walsh, former President in The Presidents. Then George Walsh, Democratic Senator for Virginia.

FNT Candidate for President David Bevan, born 1857 in the Shadow of the Andes. Come and join the fun!

63 games registered

Quote Originally Posted by WelshDude View Post
    Congrats to Mr. Capiatlist. Are there any links to previous chalice's? It's a bit annoying finished aars were taken out of the forum.
    Overview of previous CrusadAAR's Chalice winners.

Topaz-Fisted Demi-God Moderator Mr. Capiatlist's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    Thank you, everyone. And congrats to the Silver Goblet winners as well as the runner ups, the pain of finishing what we start is a shared struggle.
    -Mr. Capiatlist (Ink well):

When I speak in Rose, I do so as a Moderator. :: Forum Rules | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2 | Interactivity Rules
    (Never quote or otherwise publicly respond to my rose text. If you have a problem: PM me.)

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Wow! That's a very impressive vote total!

Congratulations to all those who were nominated, but especially to Mr. Capiatlist! Very well earned!

Rensslaer
    Serenity - (V2 v1.3) - An isolationist Japan tries to stay out of everybody's way (Updated July '13)
    Kriegsgefahr (Impending War) - (HOI3/SF/HPP) - Germany attempts to remain at peace! (Updated Apr '13)
    Locarno - Italy vs. Germany (HOI3/SF/HPP) - What if Mussolini stood with France against Hitler?
    The Die is Cast (Roman Civil War) - Caesar will make a name for himself! (Updated June '12)
    Imp้rio Novo - An Axis Portugal AAR for HOI 3 (Updated May '13)
    Fire Warms the Northern Lands - A Prussian Victoria 1 AAR (Awarded the VictAARian Cross for Jan-Jun 2006)
    Castles In the Sky (Vicky 1) * Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR (EU III) (Updated May '13) * I Am Siam (V2 Minor) (tied for Silver VictAARian Cross for Best AAR completed in 2011) * A Long Time Ago... (HOI 1 Argentina)* Check Rensslaer's Inkwell! (list of online writings)

Quote Originally Posted by Rensslaer View Post
    On a side note, I find it amusing that one person -- Frogbeastegg -- who would unquestionably win one of these awards hasn't done so simply because she refuses to finish her AAR!
    'Eleanor' finished long ago; it was finished in time for the previous run of awards IIRC. I don't know if anyone nominated it for anything as I don't tend to read these threads very often. More recent activity comes from a separate story ('The Third Sister') which takes place 3 years after the main tale ended; since it contains strong links to 'Eleanor' I thought I may as well keep it in the same thread. That story is 2 posts from completion.

Sorry to spoil your amusement

Congratulations to this year's winner.
    It is impossible to have too many books. Instead one has a lack of space and time.

+ Reply to Thread