• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

2010 CrusadAAR's Chalice

• Forward in the Name of God - A Scottish Mega-Campaign, by Iain Wilson

Votes: 0 0,0%
  • The Republic of Genoa: A Community AAR, by Grauuu

Votes: 0 0,0%
  • The Kingdom of AARland, by Iain Wilson and associates

Votes: 1 4,0%
  • Through Rivers of Blood and Mountains of Gold - The Story of The House d'Albon, by Tommy4ever

Votes: 1 4,0%
  • Homelands: Tales of the Anglo-Prussians, by Mr. Capiatlist

Votes: 23 92,0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Qorten

Crazy Cat Person. Meow!
119 Badges
Feb 10, 2007
  • Cities in Motion
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Majesty 2
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Paradox Order
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars Pre-Order
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
2010 CrusadAAR's Chalice

Jerusale.ahe.jpg

The top years for CK AARland are over, but it's certainly not dead yet. Next year we'll have another 2011 edition of this thread and then it's onwAARds to CKII.

The completed AAR's are diminishing year after year since 2008 but in 2010 there were 5 completed AARs still. Not enough to give you a Nominations Thread, we'll go right to the voting for the CrusadAAR's Chalice, the SilvAAR Goblet and the PewtAAR Cup.

The available choices:

Dunkeld
Scotland
Forward in the Name of God - A Scottish Mega-Campaign
Iain Wilson
1066-1964 (Completed 12 February 2010)

Multiple Families
Genoa
The Republic of Genoa: A Community AAR
Grauuu
1090-1256 (Completed 13 March 2010)

Van der Aarlander
AARland
The Kingdom of AARland
Iain Wilson and others
1337-1358 (Completed 4 May 2010)

D'Albon
Burgundy/Jerusalem
Through Rivers of Blood and Mountains of Gold - The Story of The House of D'Albon
Tommy4ever
1066-1475 (Completed 28 July 2010)

Leofricson
Duchy of Prussia (and others later)
Homelands: Tales of the Anglo-Prussians
Mr. Capiatlist
1066-1356 (Completed 23 December 2010)

You may post here to tell everyone what AAR you voted for and why you did so. It may entice other people to vote for your favorite, who knows?

Last edited:
I agree with Loki, Homelands is just such a beautifully crafted world, even going as far as developing a full language for an AAR. It just proves his determination to the subject.

With all respect due to the other authAARs, it is also without hesitation that i vote for Mr Capiatlist's Homelands AAR.

Except for Mr. Capiatlists's Anglo-Prussians, I don't think I've read any of these. I'd better get started.

On a side note, I find it amusing that one person -- Frogbeastegg -- who would unquestionably win one of these awards hasn't done so simply because she refuses to finish her AAR! :D

Rensslaer

I predict an easy win for Homelands. It was a very, very good AAR. I'm holding my vote for later, should there be a tie for second or third place. Other people have to get some love too. Tommyever's Dauphine AAR was very good too you know. The Kingdom of AARland was funny while it lasted and a nice initiative which deserves credit for Iain.

I vote for Homelands, by Mr. Capiatlist, but all of them are pretty good reads. :)

Congrats to Mr. Capiatlist for winning the CrusadAAR's Chalice for 2010 finished AAR's! Tommy4ever and Iain Wilson and co can be very happy and proud to have snatched away a vote from Mr. Capiatlist's masterpiece and receive a shared SilvAAR Goblet!

Congrats to Mr. Capiatlist. Are there any links to previous chalice's? It's a bit annoying finished aars were taken out of the forum.

Wow! That's a very impressive vote total! :D

Congratulations to all those who were nominated, but especially to Mr. Capiatlist! Very well earned!

Rensslaer

On a side note, I find it amusing that one person -- Frogbeastegg -- who would unquestionably win one of these awards hasn't done so simply because she refuses to finish her AAR! :D
'Eleanor' finished long ago; it was finished in time for the previous run of awards IIRC. I don't know if anyone nominated it for anything as I don't tend to read these threads very often. More recent activity comes from a separate story ('The Third Sister') which takes place 3 years after the main tale ended; since it contains strong links to 'Eleanor' I thought I may as well keep it in the same thread. That story is 2 posts from completion.

Sorry to spoil your amusement :(

Congratulations to this year's winner.