• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Do I have any control over where resources produced in my country go? Do my factories at-least get first call on any goods before they are exported to other country's?

Also, when is a good time to start industrializing and does anything apart from Luxury Furniture guarantee a profit?

Do I have any control over where resources produced in my country go? Do my factories at-least get first call on any goods before they are exported to other country's?

Also, when is a good time to start industrializing and does anything apart from Luxury Furniture guarantee a profit?

My favourite first factory is Wine. Industrialization can start any time, but it's easier to do if you already have Scientific Management and Interchangeable Parts, most created factories will be able to stay afloat without any/much subsidies as long as there's enough inputs for them to purchase in your SoI. You do get the first call on goods in your own country and partially in your sphere, but that's typically not enough to feed a top3 industry, you need to expand your sphere and build up your prestige or your industry is going to stagnate.

Its exact on the day you look at it, but it will change from day to day as POPs issues and ideologies change. If you pause on the day of an election result it shows exactly how they voted.

That's a great tip! Thanks!

You only need to ask for Hegemony, this will move Bavaria, Baden and Wurtemburg from their SOI into yours, and immediately allow you to fire Three Hurrahs!.

To occupy Austria, first deprive them of their armies, let them attack your troops who have a good defensive commander preferably defending a fort, then surround that battle and send more troops into it to help, when they win, Austrian army gets disbanded.

You can form Germany with Austria as a part of it, if you manage to lower their score below GP requirements and then add them to your sphere of influence before taking the decision. It doesn't take as much effort as people make it to be, but the formed blob will not be much fun to control as #1 will be guaranteed in all areas.
I managed to form Germany with Luxembourg and Bohemia after my war with Austria in 1855. I nearly lost it though two years laters in a 3 front war with France+Spherelings+Russia vs. Pretty much me and Two Sicilies but I managed to hold on and free some of Poland from Russia. I had +4 attack general that I patroled around with and decimated armies with.

Anyways what do you think of my future plans. I want to finish off Austria-Hungary and free Hungary and also gain Moravia for myself. And of course I want to colonize Africa near in the east. Then I want to rob the Dutch of their Pacific colonies. And the last thing I can think of is free the rest of Poland from Russia. I don't want to annex Austria and form Greater Germany. Is there anything else I should aim for? And what should I do about infamy? With my growing economy and current SOI I am catching up to the UK pretty quickly.

One last question: Is there anyway I can assist in helping to form Italy? I have TS in my sphere but the region hasn't changed one bit.

Last edited:
I am playing as California (released at start). I cannot get any machine parts. I have 40K unemployed but I can't expand/build factories. How do I get more machine parts?

Build you own factory? Get more prestige? Get into a sphere where MPs are common?

When rebels rebel militancy goes down, is there a way to change this, or at least how much it goes down?

What are the advantages to a Great War and what does Great War capitulation mean? I just declared war on Austria-Hungary in my Germany game and then France joined. I called in the UK and some others so it turned into a Great War.

For me the main advantage is that when you win one, you'll get indemnities (reparations), and if you have a large population and you've beaten a rich country, you can pretty much cut taxes to nothing for a couple years and let POPs generate massive demand for all kinds of goods, especially the luxuries. That's why I try to intervene in them. Other than that: much cheaper CBs, allies stay till the bitter end (longer than usual), GPs of similar ideology stick together, and loser gets cut to size automatically. It's a great feature, if only the war itself wasn't so bothersome. You can fix your borders and condemn your enemies into a spiral of rebellions en masse. It just takes a lot of effort to prepare for it, often at expense of industrial techs (you need at least top-notch guns/tactics/chemistry, then either artillery or cavalry and possibly forts too, and finally at least some basic ship type and attack techs).

For me the main advantage is that when you win one, you'll get indemnities (reparations), and if you have a large population and you've beaten a rich country, you can pretty much cut taxes to nothing for a couple years and let POPs generate massive demand for all kinds of goods, especially the luxuries. That's why I try to intervene in them. Other than that: much cheaper CBs, allies stay till the bitter end (longer than usual), GPs of similar ideology stick together, and loser gets cut to size automatically. It's a great feature, if only the war itself wasn't so bothersome. You can fix your borders and condemn your enemies into a spiral of rebellions en masse. It just takes a lot of effort to prepare for it, often at expense of industrial techs (you need at least top-notch guns/tactics/chemistry, then either artillery or cavalry and possibly forts too, and finally at least some basic ship type and attack techs).
Thanks for the answers. My army should be ok since I just expanded it and have all of the tech up to date and my industry is more than strong enough. My main worry when I declared war was controlling the sea but UK joined so that shouldn't be an issue. My only other problem is containing the French in Africa. I only have one army and the Spanish have already been overrun there.

Well, while they are busy conquering le Afrique, you can take le Paris and see who has better le score. :p

Is it normal that in my California game theres is 1 machine part available on the market in 1887???

Is it normal that in my California game theres is 1 machine part available on the market in 1887???

All factories use them to function. If world's industry is very huge but machine parts production isn't, it might as well lead to a shortage.

All factories use them to function. If world's industry is very huge but machine parts production isn't, it might as well lead to a shortage.

At game start, the only country who has the technology to make machine parts is the UK.

How do you make AARs?

Go to the AAR forum and post a thread with a bunch of pictures and words in it, related (or not) to your game.