• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
so i presume having only 2.20 focus points is the reason i can't add a third national focus, despite technologically being able to have three? how do i get other cultures to become accepted so i can up my score?

Is there any way to make it so events dont pause, but a log is still created?

so i presume having only 2.20 focus points is the reason i can't add a third national focus, despite technologically being able to have three? how do i get other cultures to become accepted so i can up my score?

Yes, you need to have a bigger national population to be able to use more NFs from the technology. If you hover over them in the top menu, you will see how many NFs they provide you with. Accepting cultures can only be done by creating unions, Spain has no such opportunity.

Is there any way to make it so events dont pause, but a log is still created?

No, lack of pause on events is a CK2 feature.

Greeks are better off staying inside the UK's sphere for a while, allying the UK will get you their help in your war for Crete and might even help you receive your cores from Ottomans if you can make the UK beat them up for you. And their SoI will provide your industry and your population with all the necessities you need. For industry, go with stuff that universally makes money even on low efficiency, like wine or luxuries.

For GP status, it's easiest done via prestige, as you don't have population to build a massive industry or a massive army, and the most prestige to grab comes from colonization in Africa. You only really need one point of access to African lands since your population is so small you won't have more NFs anyway, pick an African minor of your choice and just take their land away from them. In my games I typically try to push into Egypt for that purpose but it requires cooperation from allies, or Egypt's utter failure at dealing with rebels.

If you focus early on literacy (4% clergy, biologism), you will become another Belgium/Switzerland by the 1900s and will get a huge piece of the prestige cake coming from late game techs. Then you can just spam Dreadnoughts to boost your rating, or land wherever you'd land even without that. Last time I finished 3rd without fleet spam, mostly on prestige and medium industry of very modern goods (cars, planes, tanks, telephones, steamers).

Question: I think I got the AHD-expansion installed, in my VickyII folder, gamersgate bought. My patch checksum seems to be 2.1 ULLL. How and where from can I get the game patched to the newest patch? I had tried to patch from the game start menu with the check for update feature, but the patch complained that AHD install was not detected and didn't run.

already there.wanted to know if there were more.oh well.btw whats the best millitary troops/tactics etc for a nation like greece?

All infantry. Artillery and cavalry are a luxury and even major powers might not have time to research and fully use them, not even mentioning the cost of upkeep.

Question: I think I got the AHD-expansion installed, in my VickyII folder, gamersgate bought. My patch checksum seems to be 2.1 ULLL. How and where from can I get the game patched to the newest patch? I had tried to patch from the game start menu with the check for update feature, but the patch complained that AHD install was not detected and didn't run.

The link to the patch is in the sticky here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?604092-A-House-Divided-2.31-patch-out!

REBELLIONS EVERYWHERE!!! all of the world is a mess.but i dont care about that.everyone keeps rebelling.every nation ive enslaved wants freedom.damn communists are in my army,and anarcho liberals keep spawning.it wouldnt be a problem if i didnt have to sail from cuba to greece then oman then south africa then johore.why is this happening?how do i stop it? since 1880 (near when i discovered evoultion and counte revolution). does this have anything to do with it?thanks in advance

You should give your people the reforms they desire so much.

Yea, give them social reforms if you are really keen on keeping control of your political power - although you could just give them political reforms if they are going the way you want to as well.

Two questions:

1) Since AHD, is it possible to reform from an absolute monarchy all the way to democracy, or are you stuck at HM's government?

2) Is the predominant factor in RP elections still issues? In vanilla, it was always Issue, then Ideology if the issues were tied.

Two questions:

1) Since AHD, is it possible to reform from an absolute monarchy all the way to democracy, or are you stuck at HM's government?

2) Is the predominant factor in RP elections still issues? In vanilla, it was always Issue, then Ideology if the issues were tied.

1. The only way to overthrow Monarchy in favour of Democracy is a Jacobin revolt holding your capital for 1 year when you have HM's Governnment. You can let Jacobins succeed, if they ever raise in significant numbers, but there's not much reason to do so, unless you're in the Americas and want more migrants. Via reforms you can move from Absolutism to Con/Mon (Prussian system) and then HM's (British system).

2. Ideology is the base value which is then augmented by issues and voting history in the region. The final result is shown in the bottom-right piechart showing voter preference. Ideology is mostly influenced by wanting reforms, but almost every time you can make certain parties win just by pumping enough loyalty into the system using NFs.

1. The only way to overthrow Monarchy in favour of Democracy is a Jacobin revolt holding your capital for 1 year when you have HM's Governnment. You can let Jacobins succeed, if they ever raise in significant numbers, but there's not much reason to do so, unless you're in the Americas and want more migrants. Via reforms you can move from Absolutism to Con/Mon (Prussian system) and then HM's (British system).

2. Ideology is the base value which is then augmented by issues and voting history in the region. The final result is shown in the bottom-right piechart showing voter preference. Ideology is mostly influenced by wanting reforms, but almost every time you can make certain parties win just by pumping enough loyalty into the system using NFs.

Thanks for the answers. Is the voter preference pie chart exact, or is there some uncertainty?

Thanks for the answers. Is the voter preference pie chart exact, or is there some uncertainty?

There are election events, and parties form coalitions, and well, a new party can just appear out of thin air, so you never know. But if "yellows" have 55% in the pie chart, they are almost certain to win.

Can Luxembourg join NGF when it is still a satellite of the Dutch? I am about to go to war against Austria to form NGF and want Luxembourg.

You don't need to fully free Luxembourg, just like you don't need to unpuppet Holstein. You only need to have Luxembourg in your sphere of influence. I think it can also join Germany (apply for statehood) when Germany is created and spheres Luxembourg, but I didn't test it in a long time as I want a fort there very early in my games.

Let Austrians come to you, they have less soldiers than France and the border is much longer, so there's more space to manoeuvre and surround them on your own turf, to quickly wipe out and then siege in their entirety, so they can't recruit another army. I think most players using this strategy can beat Austria declaring war on them on the first day in 1836.

There are election events, and parties form coalitions, and well, a new party can just appear out of thin air, so you never know. But if "yellows" have 55% in the pie chart, they are almost certain to win.

You don't need to fully free Luxembourg, just like you don't need to unpuppet Holstein. You only need to have Luxembourg in your sphere of influence. I think it can also join Germany (apply for statehood) when Germany is created and spheres Luxembourg, but I didn't test it in a long time as I want a fort there very early in my games.

Let Austrians come to you, they have less soldiers than France and the border is much longer, so there's more space to manoeuvre and surround them on your own turf, to quickly wipe out and then siege in their entirety, so they can't recruit another army. I think most players using this strategy can beat Austria declaring war on them on the first day in 1836.
I already beat France for AL and sphered Luxembourg. What is the best way to occupy Austria without taking on a ton attrition and having to rebuild my army after the war? And if I ask for Baden, Wurtemburg, and Bavaria to be taken from their SOI will I be able to form Germany right after the war?

You only need to ask for Hegemony, this will move Bavaria, Baden and Wurtemburg from their SOI into yours, and immediately allow you to fire Three Hurrahs!.

To occupy Austria, first deprive them of their armies, let them attack your troops who have a good defensive commander preferably defending a fort, then surround that battle and send more troops into it to help, when they win, Austrian army gets disbanded.

You can form Germany with Austria as a part of it, if you manage to lower their score below GP requirements and then add them to your sphere of influence before taking the decision. It doesn't take as much effort as people make it to be, but the formed blob will not be much fun to control as #1 will be guaranteed in all areas.