• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Trying to narrow down the specifics of combat width. If I have an army with, let's say, 30 infantry brigades and the width limit (via tech) is 25, what happens to the extra five brigades? Are they completely ignored, can they rotate in?

Does anyone have any advice on how to play the influence game as Prussia against Austria? Every time in my last game as Prussia just when I was ready to move against Austria they would free one of my minors from my SOI.

I just want to make sure this is true, in my South German Federation game
1-Austria-Hungary formed
2-I beat the crap out of it
3- Rebels everywhere, Austria is released

If I sphere this new Austria will they eventually petition to join the SGF? And how about the other Austria-Hungary which is no longer a gp?

about the potato blight ...
Was i really unlucky or is it some way to prevent it?
I got stuck thrice doing a remplacement in a MP game , losing a lot of my population in the process as I played Belgium, over 10 years.

You can research Inorganic Chemistry earlier to avoid the blights. All the famine and plague events have their counter in the Medicine line of techs.

Trying to narrow down the specifics of combat width. If I have an army with, let's say, 30 infantry brigades and the width limit (via tech) is 25, what happens to the extra five brigades? Are they completely ignored, can they rotate in?

Bumping this so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

2 questions: playing as krakow i get polish rebellions but they are BROKEN!!! they will occupy krakow but wont do anything.if i release polands nothing happens and if i click 'play as' the game ends and sais i was annexed.kind of annyoing

ALSO playing as greece my troops always have low morale even if i find the +morale techs.why?

2 questions: playing as krakow i get polish rebellions but they are BROKEN!!! they will occupy krakow but wont do anything.if i release polands nothing happens and if i click 'play as' the game ends and sais i was annexed.kind of annyoing

ALSO playing as greece my troops always have low morale even if i find the +morale techs.why?

not sure about the poland thing.

For your troops, do you have your national stockpile spending at 100%? They won't have good morale if they don't have good supplies. If you do have your spending up and they still don't get morale, then you are too low on the totem pole to get the goods you need from the world market. You could switch to irregular troops as they only require wool, but they suck in combat... only slightly better then mobilized farmers... maybe.

What is this? Explain it please.

After a certain date, Great Wars are discovered. Basically, every war which has more than one Great Power on both sides becomes a Great War. From what I know, here are some of the effects:

- Maximum infamy costs to justify war are cut to 33% of the original value
- Wargoals are much cheaper to demand
- White peace is no longer possible, the "Great War Capitulation" is a mandatory wargoal
- The "Great War Capitulation" means that you have to lose 50% of your military, can't build any new military (for 5 years), have to pay the victor a certain amount of your taxes (for five years) and you can't declare any war (I think, not sure - again, for five years)

They're basically designed to change the world up a bit, since regular wars lack the grandeur of the really big ones.

2 questions: playing as krakow i get polish rebellions but they are BROKEN!!! they will occupy krakow but wont do anything.

For them to do something you must either be a Great Power or in the sphere of a Polish Great Power (I don't think this can happen; unless somehow Danzig becomes a GP, and even then I think they have North German as primary culture.)

if i release polands nothing happens and if i click 'play as' the game ends and sais i was annexed.kind of annyoing

This is because you only have the one province. When releasing a country, it is never given your capital, even if it has a core there. So when you try to release Poland, it gets nothing, due to all the territory you hold being your capital.

Relax, historically Krakow was annexed by Austria in 1846. But I don't think the AI uses the "Conquest" CB. Ever. So you're always going to exist.

oh well.im still playing as a krakow (kommunist one) and as soon as i turned communist (near 1900) persia attacked me demanding 1 african colonie and then the U.K took 1 of my indian colonies.not sure if coinsidence or communist hating

oh well.im still playing as a krakow (kommunist one) and as soon as i turned communist (near 1900) persia attacked me demanding 1 african colonie and then the U.K took 1 of my indian colonies.not sure if coinsidence or communist hating

When you have a revolution, all your alliances are broken and you lose all influence.

Question: How do rebels "win"? Say I'm the USA. I have a lot of troops and provinces. I want to go Communist just for the hell of it. Some Communist rebels rise up. What do I do to get them to win, how do I tell them I want to give up and when do they actually win?

Question: How do rebels "win"? Say I'm the USA. I have a lot of troops and provinces. I want to go Communist just for the hell of it. Some Communist rebels rise up. What do I do to get them to win, how do I tell them I want to give up and when do they actually win?

They change your government once they have occupied your capital for a year.

From the initial rebellion: never. Later on: 1 in 20-ish.